PDA

View Full Version : Speedo tubes

Tmoney
09-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I have a 96 205. I keep getting false reading on my spedo, I have blown out the peto guages at the back but where do the tubes go?

Miss Rita
09-08-2011, 05:37 PM
the pitot is the plastic pickup at the back of the boat. Tubing goes from the pitot to the speedometer. If you blew out the tubing from back to front you may have destroyed the speedometer head. The correct technique is to disconnect the tubing at the speedometer, blow all the debris out the back.

PT 1999 ProStar
09-08-2011, 06:18 PM
I have a '99 190 and my sedos always gave me issues as well. Especially when you are trying to dial in barefoot speeds. We have 6 to 7 different footers who like different speeds and my boat was frustrating when we used it. I checked into this company www.nauticlaugic.com and it is AWESOME!! My spedos have NEVER worked this perfectly!! I am so happy I put this in my boat. It's a GPS system that is dead on all the time. Perfect for barefooting. Two of my buddies who have Nautiques picked up a set each as well. They both have perfect pass and it works great with that too. Plus the guy who invented it Corey is really helpful!!

Check it out! Easy install took 15 minutes to hook up!

www.nauticlaugic.com

tommcat
09-08-2011, 06:43 PM
teleflex has them also, the gauge is actually a pretty nice match to the older gauges as well