PDA

View Full Version : Fuel gauge reading

davidstan
09-08-2011, 02:41 PM
I have gone thru the previous threads but cant find exactly my issue. I recently replaced my fuel sender that attaches to the wire harness going to VDIG. I replaced it due to erratic readings from the one already installed when i bought the boat. Turned out it was a water tank sender and they are slightly different. Anyway, with the new OEM correct one i always am showing about 3/8 lower than what is really in the tank. Very consistant. No i do not have the screws to adjust the setting. I have checked the bobber in the tank and it has full range of free travel and is black in color. This is for the 08 x2 40 gallon tank. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

atthelake
09-08-2011, 02:56 PM
I replaced my 09 Xstar one also. I am not sure what the h*ll is going on with it either. I can fuel up, show 98% and it seems to take no time at all to get to 21% but it will hold at 21% for hours it seems like. Lowest I ran the boat to this summer was 12%, I filled up and put ~ 160 liters in (210 lt tank). I am taking the boat in for service soon and if they come up w/ anything I'll post it here.

davidstan
09-19-2011, 01:40 PM
i have noticed that the reading is more accurate to what is in the tank when i am at speed like 15 to 20 mph or higher but when i bring it down to idle speed it goes down .30% or so less than what is in the tank.