PDA

View Full Version : OCD moderators

tommcat
09-07-2011, 02:49 PM
i'd like to suggest the mods stop moving every single thread out of the general discussion forum. i dont like it!

03 35th Anniversary
09-07-2011, 02:56 PM
i'd like to suggest the mods stop moving every single thread out of the general discussion forum. i dont like it!

I'm glad you let them know!

I'm sure that will do the trick!!!

scott023
09-07-2011, 02:59 PM

I'm sure that will do the trick!!!

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

tommcat
09-07-2011, 03:07 PM

I'm sure that will do the trick!!!i'm sure they'll get right on it8p8p

jwardenjr
09-07-2011, 03:09 PM

I have to agree ! or just get rid of general discussion

scott023
09-07-2011, 03:10 PM
When you put your laundry away, do you put your socks in the underwear drawer?

When you put the groceries away, do you put the dry pasta in the fridge?

When you put your car up for sale, do you list it under "help wanted" in the classifieds?

I didn't think so. ;) There may be a reason for their actions. Just sayin.

tommcat
09-07-2011, 03:27 PM

When you put your car up for sale, do you list it under "help wanted" in the classifieds?

this is more like when you put things where you know you can find them, and most people would probably look there too but your wife decides that isnt where she thinks it should go and just moves them. then you're looking around the garage trying to figure out why your stuff isnt where you wanted it:confused:
i'm sure there was a reason for her actions too, but it still doesnt make it ok

i hate when she moves my stuff

vision
09-07-2011, 03:44 PM

Yeah, but digitally all posts are already categorized by the software. Our further categorization into topics is mostly superfluous. I can maybe see the classified section versus everything else, but still the software does this on its own.

All the threads have keywords and tags automatically added. So it is more like the software places the pasta in the pantry, but we keep taking it out and placing it on the counter because we think it looks better in that location or there is more space on the counter than the pantry.

Sodar
09-07-2011, 04:07 PM
I apologize that the categorization and organization of the forum offends one or two of you. The General Discussion forum was never meant for or intended to be used as a catch-all. The moderators are doing just what we have been asked to do and in my opinion, even though we have an amazing search feature on this site (tongue in cheek), it is very nice to have a thread about the lights on your trailer in the trailer section or the thread about wakesurfing in the wakesurf section.

Keep it up mods! It is something that has always been talked about, yet never implemented.

GT500 MC
09-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Remember all: Change is good!!

CantRepeat
09-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Remember all: Change is good!!

Moreover, change is difficult, for some. Others not so much. :D

aaron.
09-07-2011, 04:21 PM
I've never once used anything except the 'search' function and the 'new threads' function...

I really don't see a point of going through each subject one by one; not very productive

-V-
09-07-2011, 04:21 PM
lets not talk about change.......the last person to campain with that word, has yet to make anyone happy, and has yet to do something positive for this country.

"yes we can!"

"NO YOU DIDN'T!!!"

so all change is not good.

GT500 MC
09-07-2011, 04:35 PM
lets not talk about change.......the last person to campain with that word, has yet to make anyone happy, and has yet to do something positive for this country.

"yes we can!"

"NO YOU DIDN'T!!!"

so all change is not good.

Let's not get political now....

tommcat
09-07-2011, 04:37 PM
I apologize that the categorization and organization of the forum offends one or two of you. The General Discussion forum was never meant for or intended to be used as a catch-all. The moderators are doing just what we have been asked to do and in my opinion, even though we have an amazing search feature on this site (tongue in cheek), it is very nice to have a thread about the lights on your trailer in the trailer section or the thread about wakesurfing in the wakesurf section.

Keep it up mods! It is something that has always been talked about, yet never implemented.

and i apologize if people here(more than 1 or 2) dont like your organizational skills.

and while i agree that when it's as simple as a trailer wiring question belonging in the trailer forum, that isnt how it's being handled. someone with a serious OCD problem is going waaayyyyy overboard. one of my threads just got moved from the general discussion forum to the general/other forum, seems like that one got moved just for the sake of moving it. "this doesnt fit in the general section, let's move it to the other general section":rolleyes:

how do i apply to be a moderator??

east tx skier
09-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Every time I come here, I just check out the "new posts." I didn't even notice that anything had been moved.

To the moderators, I don't miss having your thankless unpaid job. :o

tommcat
09-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Every time I come here, I just check out the "new posts." I didn't even notice that anything had been moved.since all of the "why cant you use the new post?" complaining on here i've been trying to use it so i could see if it was just me being resistant to change(which my wife complains about) but i have noticed quite a few times that when i compare all of the "new posts" to just looking through the forums, that there seems to frequently be a few posts that are there but dont show up using the new post button. dont know why

east tx skier
09-07-2011, 04:45 PM
since all of the "why cant you use the new post?" complaining on here i've been trying to use it so i could see if it was just me being resistant to change(which my wife complains about) but i have noticed quite a few times that when i compare all of the "new posts" to just looking through the forums, that there seems to frequently be a few posts that are there but dont show up using the new post button. dont know why

If you think that the "new posts" button isn't giving you all of the posts since your last visit (You're right, sometimes it doesn't), under "Quick Links," you can click Today's Posts and get all the posts from the last 24 hours. If you check in here pretty regularly, that will keep you pretty well up to speed on the recent forum activity.

Sodar
09-07-2011, 04:47 PM
and i apologize if people here(more than 1 or 2) dont like your organizational skills.

and while i agree that when it's as simple as a trailer wiring question belonging in the trailer forum, that isnt how it's being handled. someone with a serious OCD problem is going waaayyyyy overboard. one of my threads just got moved from the general discussion forum to the general/other forum, seems like that one got moved just for the sake of moving it. "this doesnt fit in the general section, let's move it to the other general section":rolleyes:

http://www.sagfoundation.org/files/ApplyNowButton.jpg

On another note, looking through your last 20 posts or so, you have been the key complaintant of the thread moving. Perhaps if you laid off, one of the 4 mods would find pity on you and only move your thread 1 time, as opposed to 2 or 3. :o

tommcat
09-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Perhaps if you laid off, one of the 4 mods would find pity on you and only move your thread 1 time, as opposed to 2 or 3. :oi doubt it.

CantRepeat
09-07-2011, 05:02 PM

If it is a maintenance question that doesn't fit a name maintenance forum where should it be? In the general/other?

psychobilly
09-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Awwww chit fellers, this damn site is free, it don't cost me nut'n.... Why shoudl I complain if some of the mods are trying to make it better???

I must admit Sodar...... I clicked on the button..... :rolleyes:8p DOOOOPE!!!! :uglyhamme

Maristar210
09-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Yeah well we have rubber bullets you know. Perhaps a nice thigh bruise?

03 35th Anniversary
09-07-2011, 07:41 PM
If it is a maintenance question that doesn't fit a name maintenance forum where should it be? In the general/other?

I don't think he has taken the time to notice that the Maintenance forum has it's own General/Other category and that it is different from General Discussion.

tommcat
09-07-2011, 07:47 PM
I don't think he has taken the time to notice that the Maintenance forum has it's own General/Other category and that it is different from General Discussion.

yeah, that's it:rolleyes:

Maristar210
09-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Well stomp your feet then meester. That usually works.

"thread moved" YES: NO:

Sodar
09-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Just an FYI as to why threads have been organized into their respective areas....

http://www.facebook.com/MCBoatCompany?sk=app_133267356771704

Looks Great, Phil!

thatsmrmastercraft
09-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Just an FYI as to why threads have been organized into their respective areas....

Looks Great, Phil!

Makes this group of smart a$$es look like a good bunch of guys

CantRepeat
09-15-2011, 02:15 PM

Looks Great, Phil!

Does look good, and for the folks that do not know or use TT it's pretty sweet. Wow, they are clickable too. Very nice.

psychobilly
09-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Bravo!!!!!

thatsmrmastercraft
09-15-2011, 08:30 PM
So now all our remarks are available on FB? might have to give some more thoughts as to some of my comments??? Not quite as much anonymity.

tommcat
09-15-2011, 10:42 PM
our comments we post here are on facebook?? i am definitely not ok with that, please clarify if that's definitely the case

thatsmrmastercraft
09-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Go to Sodar's post on page 27 of this thread and click on his link.

tommcat
09-15-2011, 10:50 PM
i dont do facebook so i dont see anything more than one picture. what is the deal with this?

thatsmrmastercraft
09-15-2011, 10:54 PM
i dont do facebook so i dont see anything more than one picture. what is the deal with this?

I'm not much of a facebook guy, but I do have a page. We now come up on Mastercraft's FB page under MC Tech Tips with a selection of threads on the different topics.

ski/hunt
09-15-2011, 10:54 PM

I'm not into the fagbook thing likewise!

psychobilly
09-16-2011, 02:53 AM
I'm not into the fagbook thing likewise!

ME NIETHER! That stuffs fer WIMEN! 8p :rolleyes: :D

tommcat
09-16-2011, 07:25 AM
and i assume this is through mastercraft itself and not any members here? is there a way i can request that nothing from me gets posted on there?

03 35th Anniversary
09-16-2011, 07:32 AM
and i assume this is through mastercraft itself and not any members here? is there a way i can request that nothing from me gets posted on there?

I highly doubt it....This is an open forum to members and non members, so everything you post is open for everyone on the web to read.

CantRepeat
09-16-2011, 07:40 AM

Nope.

http://www.whatisrss.com/

beef
09-16-2011, 08:01 AM
Everything on here was already available to anyone on the interwebs via a Google search anyway. I can't imagine that the feed to mc's fb pages significantly changes anything.