PDA

View Full Version : summers over

robin
09-06-2011, 10:54 PM
yesterday was a sad day for the Robin family. We pulled our boat out for the year. We used to keep it in until haloween, but school and sports have shortened our season. Pulled her out and brought her home. Out old rotella, in new rotella, drained and winterized her, hard holding back the end of season tears. One photo is with it hitched to our acadia after being pulled out for the summer. The other is in our drive, after being winterized. At least by gasoline bills are ALOT less in the winter.....

03geetee
09-06-2011, 10:56 PM
I feel your pain I pulled the 83 out this weekend on Monday and it is sitting until I winterize it the weekend of the 24th.

BAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JTR

CantRepeat
09-06-2011, 11:01 PM
fook that noise!!!

Gonna surf way late this year.

robin
09-06-2011, 11:02 PM
hey 03 geetee, did you spy my other toy in the garage? a 97 geetee.......looks like we got 2 things in common....MC and GT

Double D
09-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Hey!! Don't be posting crap like this, we don't won't to read it!! :) Still have plenty of weeks left!

jwardenjr
09-07-2011, 01:44 AM
yesterday was a sad day for the Robin family. We pulled our boat out for the year. We used to keep it in until haloween, but school and sports have shortened our season. Pulled her out and brought her home. Out old rotella, in new rotella, drained and winterized her, hard holding back the end of season tears. One photo is with it hitched to our acadia after being pulled out for the summer. The other is in our drive, after being winterized. At least by gasoline bills are ALOT less in the winter.....

WOW So sorry to hear that ... We never put the boat away here ... This is the best time of year in Parker AZ we boat year round with a small break in December to February at most.

thatsmrmastercraft
09-07-2011, 01:52 AM
I will be doing the winterizing thing this weekend. Next Tuesday I am having surgery on my spine and will be laid up for a bit.

mariley85
09-07-2011, 01:55 AM
what a bummer for everyone up north. it was 110 on the water here this past weekend, and we'll have warm water and sunshine for another 6 weeks easy.

ski/hunt
09-07-2011, 03:22 AM
I hope more people in my area start feeling that summer is over and put their boats away-----I might get some good water finally!!!!

epnault
09-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Shut my boat down last weekend too. Our season is short in the upper Midwest but if you are an outdoors person the variety is nice (hunting, motorcycling, ATVing, skiing/snowboarding, snowmobiling, boating then repeat). Usually by labor day the family is sick of being on the lake

timvan
09-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Usually by labor day the family is sick of being on the lake

Time to trade them in!

psychobilly
09-07-2011, 08:45 AM
I reckon that's one positve of living in the south, as I don't completely winterize ours. Sure, I drain the water out, but that's about it, other than always putting in stabil in the tank.... I just go up and drop her in the water and run her when it's really cold... She never lays up more than a couple of months.... I just don't see foggin it for 2 months of cold weather..... although, if we don't get some rain soon, I ain't gunna have any water in the lake to launch her....

a thought to ponder......

CantRepeat
09-07-2011, 09:06 AM
I reckon that's one positve of living in the south, as I don't completely winterize ours. Sure, I drain the water out, but that's about it, other than always putting in stabil in the tank.... I just go up and drop her in the water and run her when it's really cold... She never lays up more than a couple of months.... I just don't see foggin it for 2 months of cold weather..... although, if we don't get some rain soon, I ain't gunna have any water in the lake to launch her....

a thought to ponder......

How far south are you?

In mid eastern AL we get a couple of weeks of low 20s every year with a few days in the single digits. This is more then enough to push out a freeze plug or crack a block if you are unlucky.

The 30 minutes it takes to run up to temp and push in some anti freeze is well worth it.

willyt
09-07-2011, 11:06 AM
winterization talk? already? no way guys. I mean.. i can see in some circumstances with injuries and what not... but i'm buying a drysuit and going late into november this year. Made it to November 13th last year without a heater or a drysuit, and going to have both those this year.

Actually thinking of hosting the first annual wakesicle ride on december 2nd. i know i'll have to winterize/dewinterize/winterize... but whatever. I hope its snowing that day...

swardco
09-07-2011, 12:28 PM
It's not over, but it is getting closer.

Monday, high of 91. low of about 60.

Right now (9:30 am on Wed) it is about 52 and cloudy outside.

Supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow and through the weekend.

blakehardesty
09-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Im in indiana and no effing way am i close to pulling it out!!

Patrick Hardy
09-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Sorry to hear that. That is one of the worst days of the year, the realization of the end of your boating season! Not to rub it in, but it seems that Summer has finally arrive in the last two weeks for the greater Seattle area.
Five-day forecast
Sept 8 Friday Sunny and Clear Hi:87°Lo:49°
Sept 9 Saturday Sunny and Clear Hi:86°Lo:52°
Sept 10 Sunday Sunny and Clear Hi:85°Lo:54°
Sept 11 Monday Sunny and Clear Hi:85°Lo:53°
Sept 12 Tuesday Sunny and Clear Hi:81°Lo:54°

captain planet
09-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Hey!! Don't be posting crap like this, we don't won't to read it!! :) Still have plenty of weeks left!

Still in denial Double D? The 2011 party is over, the 30th was winterized on Monday. :(:cry:

captain planet
09-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Shut my boat down last weekend too. Our season is short in the upper Midwest but if you are an outdoors person the variety is nice (hunting, motorcycling, ATVing, skiing/snowboarding, snowmobiling, boating then repeat). Usually by labor day the family is sick of being on the lake

Time to trade them in!

Huh??? I can't even relate to that. You are in Minnesota, what do you get, like 8 weeks to boat and they are tired of it already?

Definately time to trade them in.

Lars
09-07-2011, 02:41 PM
To the original poster I say this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUKqGV-8kWU#t=0m41s

Kevin@MWMC
09-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Not quite sure why people in Minnesota are winterizing just yet...... Except for "thatsmrmastercraft," he has a reason.

Forecast: SUNSHINE EVERYDAY THIS WEEK!!!
WED Hi: 76* Lo: 58*
THURS Hi: 80* Lo: 58*
FRI Hi: 80* Lo: 60*
SAT Hi: 81* Lo: 60*
SUN Hi: 83* Lo: 61*
MON Hi: 80* Lo: 63*

190 Skier
09-07-2011, 03:40 PM
The best part of the year is coming for us in Cali! The water is still warm, most people are consumed with kids school and soccer activities, so the lakes are less crowded. September is always good skiing, but then comes what we call Rockober, where you can find glassy water in the middle of the day on the weekends! We have our annual houseboat trip the first weekend of Rocktober at Shasta to kick it all off.

carlsonwa
09-07-2011, 04:46 PM
MN resident here as well! I am not winterizing till at least the 1st of October, I am with you on this weekend, plan to get on the water both Saturday and Sunday!

Kevin@MWMC
09-07-2011, 06:50 PM
MN resident here as well! I am not winterizing till at least the 1st of October, I am with you on this weekend, plan to get on the water both Saturday and Sunday!

Yup, gonna be at the cabin Friday-Monday. This is one of the best forecasts we have had in recent weeks.

Winterizing has been discussed and is the back of my mind, but that's it for now. Not gonna happen until at least October some time.

tommcat
09-07-2011, 07:03 PM
my boat was being restored all summer so i'm just getting a chance to use it now, but irene came through and flooded the rivers so i'm holding out as long as possible. i just want to get it in the water and use it a few times, i'd feel much better then.

psychobilly
09-07-2011, 08:09 PM
my boat was being restored all summer so i'm just getting a chance to use it now, but irene came through and flooded the rivers so i'm holding out as long as possible. i just want to get it in the water and use it a few times, i'd feel much better then.

Hey Tommcat, have you posted any pics of your resto in the "Apperance" section? Wouldn't mind see'n it man. ;) :D

tommcat
09-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Hey Tommcat, have you posted any pics of your resto in the "Apperance" section? Wouldn't mind see'n it man. ;) :D
LOL! i wasnt sure if that was the correct forum for it. i was looking for a more specific forum, like a "restored gelcoat on a 97 Prostar 205" forum8p

i should get some up though, the shop that did it even did an online article about it. i'll go do that now:D

Lars
09-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Got another good month or so.

mikeg205
09-07-2011, 11:34 PM
no freekin way...skiin' in my 7/5mm wet suit till my toes turn blue...when the kids graduate college..its drysuit and closed boots on the slalom ski

Moosecrackers
09-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Not quite ready to winterize in Indiana yet - cool and rainy this week but forecast is for sunny and in the 80s next week. Looks like we'll pack up the boys and some of their friends for a little wakeboarding ans surfing after school.

GoneBoatN
09-08-2011, 02:02 AM
Last year we made it until the end of October not even using wet suits. This year I hope to go into November.

gerbzguy
09-08-2011, 02:41 AM
Sorry to hear brother, I plan on squeezing out a few more weeks!!

JohnnyB
09-08-2011, 06:50 AM
WI here....usually don't winterize til Nov. Cool air and fall activities leave very empty lakes and rivers :-)

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

03geetee
09-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Being from Chicago and commuting to the lake I dont have many weekends after laborday to get up there anyway. Besides if when I do I usually have to spend that weekend getting things buttoned up for fall/winter anyway or I might not make it back in time. No big deal I pull my boat out everytime I leave anyway since I dont have a shorestation yet, so the only difference is I wont be launching it again for a long time.

Wave Runner is still in though!

JTR

gatorguy
09-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Hope to ski through Nov. and be back at it in March. Since I'll be deployed next summer I have to get as much as I can before I go.

rjracin240
09-09-2011, 03:01 PM
I will be doing the winterizing thing this weekend. Next Tuesday I am having surgery on my spine and will be laid up for a bit.

Hope your operation goes well, prayers and thoughts with Tuesday, had my L-5/S-1 done a couple of times. Was up walking soon after waking up, hope yours goes well.

thatsmrmastercraft
09-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Hope your operation goes well, prayers and thoughts with Tuesday, had my L-5/S-1 done a couple of times. Was up walking soon after waking up, hope yours goes well.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Glad to hear yours went well - I'm really looking forward to getting it done, if you know what I mean.

Willski
09-09-2011, 03:36 PM
I hope to continue to use mine. It isn't working right, so I may get it fixed just in time to put it away! Up until mid to late October, we'll still get some rides in.

JMann
09-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Not here. We have a cabin rental for the weekend of 9/23. I hope to go until Halloween this year

oxberger
09-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Glad to hear yours went well - I'm really looking forward to getting it done, if you know what I mean.

I don't wish back problems on anyone. Good luck on the surgery, hope all goes well. What all are you having done? I've had at least one discectomy on L1 through L5 and some I've had two discectomies. After the first surgery the doc said "congrats you have the back of a 70 yr. old man" . I don't know about looking forward to getting it done, but the recovery is NICE if I'm catching the right drift:D

thatsmrmastercraft
09-09-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't wish back problems on anyone. Good luck on the surgery, hope all goes well. What all are you having done? I've had at least one discectomy on L1 through L5 and some I've had two discectomies. After the first surgery the doc said "congrats you have the back of a 70 yr. old man" . I don't know about looking forward to getting it done, but the recovery is NICE if I'm catching the right drift:D

The procedure is Right C5-6, C6-7 hemilaminectomies and foraminotomies. Translated into English is removing bone spurs from from the vertebrae in my neck to relieve constant pressure on the nerve roots for my right arm. Tingling and discomfort started several months ago and has steadily increased. The pain will be gone when I come to after surgery. Recovery will entail wearing a neck brace for a couple weeks, but relatively pain free.

_fng_
09-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Recovery will entail wearing a neck brace for a couple weeks, but relatively pain free.

Peyton thought that too. Best of luck and wish a quick recovery

thatsmrmastercraft
09-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Peyton thought that too. Best of luck and wish a quick recovery

Thanks for the good thoughts, though Peyton's recovery will probably earn him more than mine will. He will make either 28 or 26 million, depending whether he plays or not this year.

tommcat
09-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the good thoughts, though Peyton's recovery will probably earn him more than mine will. He will make either 28 or 26 million, depending whether he plays or not this year.yep, but you realistically contribute more to society so in my opinion you are worth more.

thatsmrmastercraft
09-10-2011, 02:30 AM
yep, but you realistically contribute more to society so in my opinion you are worth more.

Not if you ask my ex wife:D

I'm assuming I am the lesser of two evils here, but thanks for the vote of confidence.

dietdewboy
09-10-2011, 07:02 AM
37 degrees here in Beautiful Spread Eagle WI the other morning and I couldn't be happier! The tourists and Weekend Wally's have all gone away and we have our lakes back! We'll ski hard now till the end of Oct and then pull boats out. If you're too cold just shorten up another section and PULL a little harder!

thatsmrmastercraft
09-10-2011, 11:52 AM
37 degrees here in Beautiful Spread Eagle WI the other morning and I couldn't be happier! The tourists and Weekend Wally's have all gone away and we have our lakes back! We'll ski hard now till the end of Oct and then pull boats out. If you're too cold just shorten up another section and PULL a little harder!

Amazing what happens to Northern Wisconsin after Labor Day.

76S&S
09-12-2011, 09:56 AM
May as well be over for us. Between highschool sports and my wifes business, it's going to be hard to get on the water much between now and winter. Hopefully we'll get a weekend or two between now and then though.

park190
09-12-2011, 11:00 AM
I hope more people in my area start feeling that summer is over and put their boats away-----I might get some good water finally!!!!

Couldn't agree more :)

swardco
09-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Although this week doesn't look great for the front range of CO, yesterday was absolutely perfect!!! 82 deg, sunny, dead calm, and nobody else on the lake.

GT500 MC
09-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Although this week doesn't look great for the front range of CO, yesterday was absolutely perfect!!! 82 deg, sunny, dead calm, and nobody else on the lake.

Yesterday was awesome in CO. I didn't have "nobody else on the lake" though. Spent the day hanging out in a cove on Chatfield due to the 3-foot waves from the hundreds of boats out there. But gorgeous fall afternoon nonetheless. Was hoping to get out later this week but high-60's? Maybe wait a week or two.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
09-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Yesterday was awesome in CO. I didn't have "nobody else on the lake" though. Spent the day hanging out in a cove on Chatfield due to the 3-foot waves from the hundreds of boats out there. But gorgeous fall afternoon nonetheless. Was hoping to get out later this week but high-60's? Maybe wait a week or two.

Fall already, our highs are still 100 with no end in sight, many this drought sucks.:mad:

ahhudgins
09-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Amazing what happens to Northern Wisconsin after Labor Day.

That's the same thing I said about Virginia this weekend. It was 83 degrees, low humidity and there was no one on the lake except a few bass boats. I must have missed the rule about taking my boat home after Labor Day.