PDA

View Full Version : How was your summer vacation

MarkP
08-02-2005, 03:26 PM
How was your summer vacation??

My family vacation went really well. A great lake (Gaston) on a large cove, (“Big Stonehouse”). Everything worked out well (NO tow truck).

My oldest is about ready to move to the end of the rope for the deep water..

ski_king
08-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Looks great Mark!
and no tow truck this time, even better!

bcampbe7
08-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Awesome job...MarkP's daughter!
No tow vehicle?!? Did you not take your boat? If not, who's did you use?

You are coming to Mag Mania, right?

Dan K
08-02-2005, 03:35 PM
MarkP
She looks pretty confident out there already.
Glad to hear the vacation went well.

Footin
08-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Looks great Mark.

I had a great time in Michigan. The weather was great with the exception of one day of rain. The truck, trailer and boat performed flawlessly.

While we were there, we stopped at a communitee yard sale for something to do on a windy,cloudy,rainy day and I came across a pair of O'brien trick skis and a pair of junior combo's. I was able to get both pairs for 15 bucks!

I also bought a "Billy bass singing fish" for a dollar, I keep putting in the kitchen and my wife keeps moving it out to the garage.

MarkP
08-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Awesome job...MarkP's daughter!
No tow vehicle?!? Did you not take your boat? If not, who's did you use?

You are coming to Mag Mania, right?
No “tow truck”.. The new tow vehicle made it all the way to the lake and home without a tow truck.. (it’s a GMC now)

Actually it made it all the way from Gaston to Kitty Hawk and back too, (a little one day side trip)

6ballsisall
08-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Sounds like you had a blast Mark. Glad to see the fam enjoyed themselves. I can't wait to create similar memories with our little one :love:

bcampbe7
08-02-2005, 03:45 PM
No “tow truck”.. The new tow vehicle made it all the way to the lake and home without a tow truck.. (it’s a GMC now)

Actually it made it all the way from Gaston to Kitty Hawk and back too, (a little one day side trip)

Ah, sorry I read that wrong. :o

MarkP
08-02-2005, 03:50 PM
MarkP
She looks pretty confident out there already.
Glad to hear the vacation went well.
She went from hardly able to get up on the boom to waving to us in the boat and skiing back and forth with that rope.

I think the baby was watching everything that went on all week, And is ready to go too..

MarkP
08-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Looks great Mark.

I had a great time in Michigan. The weather was great with the exception of one day of rain. The truck, trailer and boat performed flawlessly.

While we were there, we stopped at a communitee yard sale for something to do on a windy,cloudy,rainy day and I came across a pair of O'brien trick skis and a pair of junior combo's. I was able to get both pairs for 15 bucks!

I also bought a "Billy bass singing fish" for a dollar, I keep putting in the kitchen and my wife keeps moving it out to the garage.
Glad it went well Mike. Sorry to hear about the fish though…

What lake did you ski/foot on??

JEREMY79
08-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Looks like you guys had fun.

Are you making the Bob-A-Palooza trip?

MarkP
08-02-2005, 03:58 PM

Brian yelled at me when I told him I probably wouldn’t make it so I’m going to see if I can work it out.. Not sure if I can though. Had a lot of trips this year already.

Footin
08-02-2005, 04:01 PM
I skied on Crystal Lake, the conditions for footin were not to good but I did get in a few runs.

JEREMY79
08-02-2005, 04:01 PM
oh one more wont hurt anything.

Mrs. MarkP will understand I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Footin
08-02-2005, 04:02 PM

I might go to the Bob-A-Palooza fest, It depends if there is room.

The boss (wife) approved it already.

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Brian yelled at me when I told him I probably wouldn’t make it so I’m going to see if I can work it out.. Not sure if I can though. Had a lot of trips this year already.

You better be there pal.

My summer vacation was also spectacular. We also went to Lake Gaston, NC and rented from the same people Mark did (what a coincidence!!). ;) We went for an entire week and rented a 5 bedroom/3 bath fully furnished, barb-q grill, pool table, hot tub, boat house, lift, garage etc, for $1800. We had about 16 adults and kids. I put 27 hours on the engine in 6 days of use. I got EVERYONE up that wanted to try. It was great...who needs the beach when you can go to the lake! :dance:

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 04:28 PM

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 04:28 PM
.................. :friday:

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 04:29 PM
.................. :wavey:

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 04:29 PM

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 04:30 PM

Cary K.
08-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Glad to hear you had a nice vacation in our great state :-) I don't think I've ever seen Gaston as smooth as in your first picture. Looked for you on the 23rd, but didn't see you. Did you come by the tournament?

MarkP
08-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Nice shots Brian.. The boat looks good! Are you thinking about using that same lake next year?? I know I’m going to a lake south of me for sure. I just don’t know the name of it yet..

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 04:38 PM
I would definitely go back to Lake Gaston again. I've got to figure out what my schedule will be like. Next time this year my and Carla's roles will be reversed.

Cary, while I was there one morning I woke up about 630 and the entire lake (not just the coves, but the mainlake) was glass. No BS I free skied for like 1-1.5 miles. It was awesome plus their was fog. Gives me the goose bumps just thinking about it.

MarkP
08-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Glad to hear you had a nice vacation in our great state :-) I don't think I've ever seen Gaston as smooth as in your first picture. Looked for you on the 23rd, but didn't see you. Did you come by the tournament?
Hey Cary. I didn’t make it over to the dam that Saturday, (the main lake was like the ocean that day).

That shot was in the cove we stayed in (Big Stonehouse) just about across from the lodge. It was like that almost every morning. I do have to admit I woke the crew up to see/ski the sunrise 4 of the days.

MarkP
08-02-2005, 04:47 PM
OK,

This is what happens when you say something bad about MC

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Look at that skinny guy with the gray hairs... 8p

jimmer2880
08-02-2005, 05:35 PM
That lake is awsome..... we'll be back some day.

Our vacation starts Thursday & all next week. Heading down to our weekend place on the Potomac. Should put more than a couple hours on the boat.

bradamerry
08-02-2005, 05:56 PM
MarkP, glad you folks had a great time....

Don't worry about getting yelled at for maybe not showing to Mag's Floatin' Poke, he did me the same way :confused:

6ballsisall
08-02-2005, 11:12 PM
No Summer vacation for us this year. Took one week off to work on finishing the basement thats it. Next year, next year :rolleyes:

MarkP
08-05-2005, 11:09 AM
No Summer vacation for us this year. Took one week off to work on finishing the basement thats it. Next year, next year :rolleyes:
Hope to see some shots of the new addition out on the boat by then:headbang:

betsy&david Harrison
08-15-2005, 01:23 AM
We have just returned from an incredible week at Lake Britton in No. Cal. What a great lake and the camping was amazing. We were right on the water. We got up and skied glass everyday...no course but we could give a rats arse about that. We hiked up a few different areas to waterfalls and took a quick swim in water that was 48 degrees from two different underground springs. Brrr! I loved every minute of it. The hit of the trip for the guys was the drunk chick tube ride...yes, I was one of them. Came out banged up but I got up and skied the next morning...not too well though. I am taking the pics in tomorrow for a disc. I will put them up on the board some place. Glad to be back to running water, flushing toilets, electricity, and no mosquitos! I was eaten alive...even with bug spray. Pics coming soon...B :D

milkmania
08-15-2005, 01:36 AM
gotta love them drunk chick tube rides:headbang:

wish I could find something to get my wife drunk on.....
everything tastes like alcohol to her:rolleyes:

tequila shots are out of the question:purplaugh

AirJunky
08-15-2005, 01:38 AM
Jello shots work for me :friday:

milkmania
08-15-2005, 02:43 AM
Jello shots work for me :friday:

I seriously doubt she'll get very drunk on Jello.....

am I missing something:confused:

André
08-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Milk
They put alcohol in the Jello mix...

BriEOD
08-15-2005, 08:23 AM
I seriously doubt she'll get very drunk on Jello.....

am I missing something:confused:

LMAO!! :uglyhamme

MarkP
08-15-2005, 09:31 AM
We have just returned from an incredible week at Lake Britton in No. Cal. What a great lake and the camping was amazing. We were right on the water. We got up and skied glass everyday...no course but we could give a rats arse about that. We hiked up a few different areas to waterfalls and took a quick swim in water that was 48 degrees from two different underground springs. Brrr! I loved every minute of it. The hit of the trip for the guys was the drunk chick tube ride...yes, I was one of them. Came out banged up but I got up and skied the next morning...not too well though. I am taking the pics in tomorrow for a disc. I will put them up on the board some place. Glad to be back to running water, flushing toilets, electricity, and no mosquitos! I was eaten alive...even with bug spray. Pics coming soon...B :D
Sounds sweet!!

Don’t drag your feet on them photos, cant wait :headbang:

jimmer2880
08-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Got my 2 year old on skiis... now we just need to start adding water!

MarkP
08-15-2005, 01:36 PM
That one looks ready to go..

Hey jimmer, How come we see you in the middle of the day now??

BriEOD
08-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Looking good Jim. Thanks again for the Zip Sled!! :headbang:

jimmer2880
08-15-2005, 05:21 PM
That one looks ready to go..

Hey jimmer, How come we see you in the middle of the day now??

I almost always am... Only around lunch time though ;)

Shhhhh......

Our biggest problem with the girl is that as soon as the boat starts, she needs to be in it. Period, end of story. Maybe next year we can convince her to stay behind/beside the boat while it's running.