PDA

View Full Version : Creating surf wake

jlinden96
09-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Hello. This is my first post on TT. I just purchased a 2011 X-35, and i'm seeking advice on creating the best surf wake. I've wakesurfed several times now (easy) but can't seem to attain 'free-ride'. The boat has stock ballasts and surf tabs. I fill the same side ballast, opposite surf tab down, slight turn of the boat. What am i missing?? Thanks in advance.

CantRepeat
09-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Hello. This is my first post on TT. I just purchased a 2011 X-35, and i'm seeking advice on creating the best surf wake. I've wakesurfed several times now (easy) but can't seem to attain 'free-ride'. The boat has stock ballasts and surf tabs. I fill the same side ballast, opposite surf tab down, slight turn of the boat. What am i missing?? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TT! First, need some photos of your boat! :cool:

You can check out the threads in the wakesurfing forum and also in the ballast (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=60) section of the forums.

There's going to be a lot of information there.

btw: do you have the sink/fridge or the extra seating on the starboard side?

V-man
09-06-2011, 09:08 PM
What am i missing?? Thanks in advance.

Probably some more weight. Post some pics of your wake, and a video of you surfing will help. What board are you using? Does it match your size and abilities? When you eventually go wireless you'll be hooked.:banana: Welcome to TT!

ap77
09-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Weight is key to making a good wave. Fill up your port side tank for "regular" and your front tank. If you don't have 4 or 5 heavy guys in the boat then you need to add more weight. We use a couple of fat sacs. I recommend connecting a fat sac to your stock ballast in your rear lockers. If you surf "goofy" and "regular" then you want to do both sides. That should give you an additional 600 pounds of weight. You can also invest in a Tsunami pump to fill up a portable fat sac to put on your rear / side seat. I recommend the following make: Pro X Series Ultimate Wake Surf Sac - W718. Adding 1500 pounds of weight will kick out a smokin' wave...

If you still can't surf without a rope then it is probably your surf board or technique. Keep in mind heavier people have a harder time staying in the "sweet spot" then lighter people.

Good luck.

Lucky26
04-20-2012, 05:37 PM

I am a proud new owner of a 35. I am writing to try and gain knowledge from your ballast experiments. I am looking into getting some sacks from the wavemaker people, but have not pulled the trigger yet. I am thinking on trying to get a 750 into the port aft locker next to engine then a 400 somewhere forward of that on the port side. I am a regular foot so I will be surfing port side exclusively. If you have any info that might be helpful I would be very grateful.

Fab
04-21-2012, 12:32 PM
no Fat sacs = no good wake, you won't see any decent surfwake on the internet without a sacked out boat, even a centurion...YES you could surf with stock ballast, but that won't get you far IMO...