PDA

View Full Version : Prostar 190 rearseat countour

Tomi
09-05-2011, 03:10 AM
Hi,

Is the Prostar 190 (2003 in this case) rear seat bench supposed to be straight and level or is it supposed to be sort of bent or with concave form so that the middle section sits higher than the ends?

-Tomi

McFire
09-05-2011, 10:54 PM
I think my '94 is level. Always feels that way when I take a nap in it anyway.

Double D
09-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Hi,

Is the Prostar 190 (2003 in this case) supposed to be straight and level or is it supposed to be sort of bent or with concave form so that the middle section sits higher than the ends?

-Tomi

Does this help?? Its a 94. Ignore the @$$. :)

Tomi
09-06-2011, 01:25 AM
Thanks all! Looking at DoubleD picture, it would seem that the middle is slightly up and it would not be dead straight. My seat is more bow like and still quite snug fit, so if I force it dead straight, I am not sure how it would slide into place.

The reason why I am concerned about this is that this boat is new to me and I got it after some damage had happened during winter storage last year.

Double D
09-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks all! Looking at DoubleD picture, it would seem that the middle is slightly up and it would not be dead straight. My seat is more bow like and still quite snug fit, so if I force it dead straight, I am not sure how it would slide into place.

The reason why I am concerned about this is that this boat is new to me and I got it after some damage had happened during winter storage last year.

Tomi,

The picture may show it like that but to me its pretty flat across the back if your talking about the vertical height direction. My boat is pretty flat back there as well as yours should be too. The top of the seat matches the top of the boat, all the way around.

If your talking the horizontal direction then it does bow in towards the stern. The picture below shows the curvature of the back of my seat as the back sits flat on the back of the boat.

Hope this helps clarify. You may need to read it three times to understand. I read it again and still not sure if I explained it right.... :D

Tomi
09-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Yes, the horizontal bow was exactly what I was looking for. And now that I think about it, I guess it makes sense also as that way water will not puddle into the seat.

2003 Prostar has the back seat hanging elevated so it is difficult to judge if the bow was intentional or caused by the roof fall.

Thanks!!

Double D
09-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Yes, the horizontal bow was exactly what I was looking for. And now that I think about it, I guess it makes sense also as that way water will not puddle into the seat.

2003 Prostar has the back seat hanging elevated so it is difficult to judge if the bow was intentional or caused by the roof fall.

Thanks!!

Oh crap!! Sorry Tomi, this whole time I was thinking a 1993, not a 2003. I'm sure their totally different. Sorry for the confusion..... :huh: