PDA

View Full Version : New Mastercraft X5 Owner

ontX5
09-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Hi everyone, I sold my 92 supra sunsport and just bought my first Mastercraft, it is a 2000 X5 and I'm very happy with it so far. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone could save me some time and let me know what ballast their running and rope length. Also if anyone has any preventative maintenance tips I should know about with these boats. Almost forgot could anyone explain to me what the 2 speed switches are for on the dash? The guy I bought it off of did not have any manuals and said he wasn't sure.

Thanks, Kurt
Ontario Canada

DemolitionMan
09-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Hi everyone, I sold my 92 supra sunsport and just bought my first Mastercraft, it is a 2000 X5 and I'm very happy with it so far. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone could save me some time and let me know what ballast their running and rope length. Also if anyone has any preventative maintenance tips I should know about with these boats. Almost forgot could anyone explain to me what the 2 speed switches are for on the dash? The guy I bought it off of did not have any manuals and said he wasn't sure.

Thanks, Kurt
Ontario Canada

Welcome to TT, I would start out with 500lbs and 60 foot rope length.

Ben
09-04-2011, 08:23 PM
May need a picture of the "speed switches". Does not sound normal, although I don't have that new of a boat.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
09-04-2011, 08:37 PM
2 speed switches are probably for a heater

soacj
09-04-2011, 08:47 PM
He might be referring to the speedometer calibration switches?

Hammer
09-05-2011, 12:18 PM
He might be referring to the speedometer calibration switches?

Ding ding ding. We have a winner!

skijwr
09-05-2011, 02:29 PM
for owners manual on this Team Talk website go to top left coner "knowledge center" then in red "owners manual" then search for your year, right click, save as. this will let you save the owners manual to your computer for viewing anytime.
good luck.

ontX5
09-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the information, yes I assumed the switches were to recalibrate the speedo's but I was just wondering how they worked. I will check out the service manual on line.