PDA

View Full Version : Why Join a Ski Club?

tex
09-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Why do you join a ski club? This is why...I may have posted this earlier but I can't remember(probley due to the head wound). A couple of weeks ago I hit an underground rock shelf while sky skiing in preperation for a ski show. Stopped me instantly and put my head against the rock shelf in a very harsh way. Head was bruised but sky ski was trashed. My board completly exploded and there was big damage to the foil. The foil itself appears to be fixable but the board is toast(my head was toast before the crash). Back to the present...we had our last show ski practice last night before our Labor Day show today. At our meeting after the practice one of our members got up and presented me with cash that had been collected from club members to help me make a down payment on a new sky ski. It was totally unexpected and I was moved beyond belief. It just goes to show you that there are no better people then ski people! Cheers to the Metroplex Maverick Show Ski Team!

André
09-04-2011, 06:41 PM
You have good friends right there Tex! Hope your head is ok!
Was the rock hurt?;)

tex
09-04-2011, 09:02 PM
You have good friends right there Tex! Hope your head is ok!
Was the rock hurt?;)

I didn't hang around long enough to check!

Jerseydave
09-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Wow, scary accident there Tex. Hope you're doing ok.

And yes, sounds like you belong to a great ski club.

tex
03-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Headed out today to remove the surface from our jump. We are getting a new one later this month. We will have one bad a$$ jump after that. Not too late for you guys in DFW to join in the fun. Great water to board/foot/jump/slalom/foil on! Very cheap too!

II. Membership Fees
Single Family
a. $60 One-time Initiation Fee a. $100 One-time Initiation Fee (2) ($10/ea additional)
b. $150 Annual Fee b. $195 Annual Fee (2) ($25/ea additional)

III. USA Water Ski Association Active Membership required

IV. Boat Information
a. Minimum of $500,000 liability insurance
b. Must list USAWS as an additional insured
c. Boats must be certified yearly by a club officer prior to operating on either site
d. Inboard ski boats only (see Rules of Engagement for details)

V. Metroplex Mavericks Show Ski Team Dues (Additional to MSC):
a. Single: $25/yr
b. Family (2-4): $50/yr
c. Family (5+): $75/yr