09-04-2011, 09:50 AM
My boat died last weekend and ended up taking to MC dealer (04 X-30 with Indmar 350 MCX). They replaced the fuel pump and said the relay was the cause for the engine not having spark. It ran fine all day yesterday until late when we were headed out for a couple runs. My son was helping drive and hammered the throttle pretty hard. Harder than I had all day. It started to accelerate and shut down. I pulled out the relay and pin 30 was hot enough there's melted plastic. Looking back my Battery alarm went off three times during the day... Twice when it really shouldn't have. Not sure if that's related or not. Could a voltage drop cause heat to spike enough to melt the relay? I checked voltage on both batteries and was 12.5 V.