PDA

View Full Version : Problem restarting Hot engine after 30 min. rest

EarlsHollow
09-03-2011, 10:53 PM
New problem popped up after our 2nd day on the Norris lake. After a couple of hours of heavy use, we took a lunch break (45 min) and the boat would not start until multiple tries. Then the same issue happened again after more ski, wakeboard, tubing sets and a 40 min. break.
Problems occurs when boat sits for more than a 30 min, after running mutiple sets. I can hear the fuel pump, starter works fine - but doesn't turn over.
We have one more day of vacation and were not sure if we should venture out again.

LA205
09-04-2011, 10:48 PM
I had same problem this summer, then I figured out what was wrong with mine, run the blower. When the motor is sitting there after running, the temp is prob 250or so in the engine compartment there is not any oxygen in there, I live in Louisiana and temp outside is 105 in the shade, the lake is 85 or 90 surface temp. Another friend with I / O had same prob. Started leaving blower on when resting or pulled up to bank.

EarlsHollow
09-05-2011, 10:17 PM
It was 96 and 98 degrees the 2 days that we had problems - you may be onto something. Thanks.