PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best Board for Me?

Tuna Cowboy
09-03-2011, 07:41 PM
So I just started wake surfing this year..have actually only done it probably 10 times so far. Its my first year with a boat and I bought a Liquid Force 4'10 custom for a board. It came with one little fin. I never even had it on yet. I have been reading that they are a must for surfing. I have managed to pull off quite a few 360's on this board. Wondering if there is a better board with fins out there for me? Im 6 feet tall 210 lbs. I am just getting the boat setup better for this also. Next year there will be 2200 lbs of ballast in it (maristar 230 )and Im wondering if I should be using a bigger or fatter board. Does it make it easy to let go of the rope?? Or to bust out some new tricks. I am going to really get into this sport and need to know I have the best of what I can get. I order most things online and don't want to have to purchase several boards to find the right one. Thanks!!!

V-man
09-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Tuna. The question is "What's the best board for you?" And the answer is....That depends. You may already know a lot of this from your research, but some background on wakesurf boards may help you make a decision.

There are two types of boards--surf style and skim style. The surf style board is akin to the ocean surf board only smaller and lighter. Surf style boards are more bouyant than skim style and come with a 2 or 4 fin setup. The skim style boards are less bouyant and ride lower in the water. They are akin to the ocean skim boards and usually come with one small fin. Some will come with a 3 fin thruster setup.

Your board decision will depend on the style of riding you prefer. The surf style board will give you more speed down the line, which allows for getting air or doing big carves and slashes. The skim style board is less "locked-in" as the surf style, and allows for easier surface spins, lip slides, board slides, and shuv-its. You can do some you tube searches and find videos of wakesurfers riding the different board types and doing the various tricks.

I would recommend going with the wakesurf board specific companies. They will help you with the size and model of board based on your size and abilities. Some suggestions of companies: Inland Surfer, Walker Project, Soulcraft, Triple X, Phase 5.

Hope this helps.

lawdogg149
09-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Phase 5 is makes the best surfboards out there.......

RMUDBUGS
09-05-2011, 03:58 PM
If you can already surf. They don't look like the right board for beginners or smaller wakes. Same goes for Walker Project and SoulCraft's website is not up yet.

I'm looking for an easy to ride big board for a fat boy (I'm 250+) with a smaller wake (PS 205). Anyone use "The DUKE" by Ronix it's 6'1".

sugardaddy
12-01-2011, 05:59 PM
the Inland Surfer Blue Lake is a good board for small or big wakes, and small or big people.

ttu
12-01-2011, 06:21 PM
the Inland Surfer Blue Lake is a good board for small or big wakes, and small or big people.

ditto the blue lake. great overall board.

BrooksfamX2
12-01-2011, 07:15 PM
I just picked up the CWB Ride 63" Havent used it yet though.......