PDA

View Full Version : Overheating part two

Bobby
08-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Alright, the motor in the boat runs, but it still overheats. The impeller was replaced less than 2 weeks ago, the transmission cooler is clear of debris and the thermostat was changed yesterday. All the lines are properly sealed up so no air should be leaking in. Does this mean that the main water pump has gone kablooey? :confused: :cry:

brianaw26
08-02-2005, 02:46 AM
mine does the same thing, but only above 25 mph... once i slow down it cools back off. Same exact thing... I might need a Circulating pump too. I read somwhere that there was a way to see if a fin was gone...?? anybody?

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Bobby call Vince at Ski DIM or PM JimN. Quit guessing before you do some serious damage. Get some expert advice.

Bobby
08-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Bobby call Vince at Ski DIM or PM JimN. Quit guessing before you do some serious damage. Get some expert advice.

I forgot to mention that it didn't completely overheat, it holds temp at around 200 and doesn't get much higher. If it completely overheated I wouldn't be out playing the guessing game.

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Why even risk it? Make a phone call, what's the big deal?

Bobby
08-02-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm going to call as soon as i get a chance here at work. Yesterday was the first time I had put the boat in the water since the no-start debacle. It ran fine with the water hose hooked up in the driveway so I assumed it would work in the water. Apparently it didn't. I didn't know I'd be making a phone call to DIM until yesterday evening.