PDA

View Full Version : NEW Texas laws! :-)

psychobilly
09-03-2011, 03:01 AM
New Texas Laws went into effect on September 1, 2011! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!

This is coppied from KBTX.com out of Brian College Station

Boating

Texas boaters born on or after Sept. 1, 1993 must complete a boater safety education course. This is a new effort by lawmakers to phase in more safety requirements for Texans using personal watercrafts and boats, especially since there are about 600,000 registered boats in this state. Boaters must keep a valid ID and documents showing that they passed a boater education course with them. The new law also says those operating a motorboat with a motor of more than 15 horsepower must be at least 13 or supervised someone older than 18 who can legally operate the motorboat and is on board. HB 1395

thatsmrmastercraft
09-03-2011, 09:29 AM
That boaters safety certificate will usually get you a 10% discount on your boat insurance.

-V-
09-03-2011, 09:48 AM
just because they passed that law doesn't mean thing will get better, the water patrol still needs to enforce it. its the same way here but they don't enforce it! Do you know what I mean

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
09-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Don't forget noodling and you'll be able to shoot illegal aliens from helicopters ohhh i mean feral hogs and coyotes from helicopters with proper permits, and be able to keep firearms and ammunition in their locked cars while at work and bans employers from setting policies that prohibit that, and You can finally bring your gun onto your boat or watercraft but the gun has to be kept out of "plain view.", How about this one "A driver may not allow a child under 18 to ride in a watercraft while it is being towed on a street or highway."
Texas legislators: Protecting rednecks from themselves for 165 years.:D

thatsmrmastercraft
09-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Don't forget noodling and you'll be able to shoot illegal aliens from helicopters ohhh i mean feral hogs and coyotes from helicopters with proper permits, and be able to keep firearms and ammunition in their locked cars while at work and bans employers from setting policies that prohibit that, and You can finally bring your gun onto your boat or watercraft but the gun has to be kept out of "plain view.", How about this one "A driver may not allow a child under 18 to ride in a watercraft while it is being towed on a street or highway."
Texas legislators: Protecting rednecks from themselves for 165 years.:D

Nice post.:D

Bob B
09-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Anyone born after January 1, 1984, must successfully complete a boating safety education course to legally operate any vessel on the lakes of Missouri, including personal watercraft

tr6coug
09-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Had that law in Oregon for 10 years and there still is no shortage of idiots on the water.

G-Star
09-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Had that law in Oregon for 10 years and there still is no shortage of idiots on the water.

Same here. Laws don't fix stupid.
http://www.bclocalnews.com/okanagan_similkameen/vernonmorningstar/news/128713173.html

Cobra Rob
09-03-2011, 03:29 PM

What I was just going to post :D

psychobilly
09-03-2011, 04:50 PM
At the end of the day, what ya's telling me is, Ya can't fix stupid huh..... ;) I knew it was too good to be true.....

oldairboater
09-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Another stupid law that will not fix stupid....just cost money and requires something else to be carried in my boat.

psychobilly
09-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Well you can now legally carry a gun in your boat. lol I guess that was a great law that was passed. :-)