PDA

View Full Version : Two boat Surfing

ap77
09-02-2011, 09:32 PM
I thought I would create a posting on two boat surfing. We have only done it a few times and still trying to perfect the wave. I think the white water is too large to successfully surf the wave without a rope. If you have any comments or suggestions, we would love to hear them.

DemolitionMan
09-02-2011, 09:46 PM
I bet that is one serious surf channel.

ntidsl
09-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks for coming girls..put some sunscreen on and sit back here on this sun deck...oh dont worry about the fumes...oh dont worry about the risk of falling in the water into that white wash...oh dont worry I'm sure if you fall off the surfer wont hit you...

CiscoStu
09-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks for coming girls..put some sunscreen on and sit back here on this sun deck...oh dont worry about the fumes...oh dont worry about the risk of falling in the water into that white wash...oh dont worry I'm sure if you fall off the surfer wont hit you...

Ummm... Ever surfed before? There is very little chance of ever falling in from back there. In fact, MC has even started putting rear-facing seats back there for that exact purpose... I see guys standing on the platform all the time. May not be the smartest thing to do, but there's very little risk at 10mph.

scott023
09-07-2011, 11:25 AM

Obviously a slalom skiier, with little or no experience with wakesurfing. There is little to no chance of a sober person falling off the back of the boat at 10MPH. Start up is slow and so is the slow down. MC is making boats with rear facing seats on the sun deck now, so I think your worries (or sillyness) aren't worth the stress. :D

CiscoStu
09-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Great minds, Scott023! Must be the Alberta air!

Back to the original post, that is pretty cool... That wave is massive! Do you have any photos looking down the channel? What are the boats? The other boat looks like a Malibu? How much weight, etc?

CantRepeat
09-07-2011, 11:40 AM
I don't know, hitting a roller coming off of someone else's boat could toss someone off the back.

As far as the two boat surfing, fook that. I'm sure it's illegal to be that close to another moving boat and I sure as hell don't trust anyone to drive that close to me.

So my suggestion would be to don't do it and go back to working on your single boat surf wave. :rolleyes:

Sodar
09-07-2011, 11:43 AM
We have done it up at Naci a few times. Even more fun is riding a stand-up jet ski between the 2 boats and jumping the wake. It's almost as fun as surfing a real wave.

GT500 MC
09-07-2011, 11:49 AM
The wave in that first pic looks pretty impressive. The port side of that Bu is down there in the drink. Looks like fun....if I was in my 20's again.

Besides, if that was on a public lake, it would happen one time before the rangers showed up. And since there would be beer on the boat, nothing good would come of it. I'll try to continue to perfect the one-boat surf. I have enough trouble with that.

CantRepeat
09-07-2011, 12:08 PM
We have done it up at Naci a few times. Even more fun is riding a stand-up jet ski between the 2 boats and jumping the wake. It's almost as fun as surfing a real wave.

hahahha :uglyhamme

shepherd
09-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Looks like fun to me and doesn't look particularly dangerous. Besides, safety is overrated.

aaron.
09-07-2011, 12:24 PM

nooooob post. wow :rolleyes::confused:

73blue
09-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Ummm... Ever surfed before? There is very little chance of ever falling in from back there. In fact, MC has even started putting rear-facing seats back there for that exact purpose... I see guys standing on the platform all the time. May not be the smartest thing to do, but there's very little risk at 10mph.

I'm fairly certain the transom seating is recommended for use only when the engine is off, pretty much just to hang out on. I'm also pretty sure that riding on the sundeck or transom (even in seats) is illegal, at least in TN.

From TWRA website:

"Examples of reckless operation are:

•Riding on seatbacks, gunwales, transoms or pedestal seats while above an idle speed"

Of course, laws are only as good as enforcement. And I'm not sayin I've never done it. It does create grey areas when manufacturers place seating in the transom, knowing full well it won't be used solely for its "intended purpose"

willyt
09-07-2011, 12:53 PM

Sorry man... wrong. MC will tell you every day and twice on sunday thats not what those seats on the 25 and 2012 X2 are for. It'll definitely get you ticketed on the lake if you try. I'm a pretty cooridinated guy, and i've had my fair share of surf sets (probably seen over a 1000 hours on the water over the last 3 years) when i've been sitting on the sunpad/seats on the 25. I've actually fallen in when i was sitting there when the driver gunned it to get the surfer up and i wasnt ready (once). I knew enough to dive down deep so i wouldnt be hit by the surfer. Also felt lightheaded from sitting back there for too long on one occasion.

Will i sit back there again? Probably. Is it a good idea? Probably not without a jacket and limited exposure.

willyt
09-07-2011, 12:59 PM
on another note... we tried the 2 boat surfing with mattscraft one time. stupid stressful on the drivers and i dont think i'd attempt it with just any driver... but the wake looked pretty similar, really washy.

scott023
09-07-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't know, hitting a roller coming off of someone else's boat could toss someone off the back.

As far as the two boat surfing, fook that. I'm sure it's illegal to be that close to another moving boat and I sure as hell don't trust anyone to drive that close to me.

So my suggestion would be to don't do it and go back to working on your single boat surf wave. :rolleyes:

You sound like an old fuddy duddy. :D

scott023
09-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Sorry man... wrong. MC will tell you every day and twice on sunday thats not what those seats on the 25 and 2012 X2 are for. It'll definitely get you ticketed on the lake if you try. I'm a pretty cooridinated guy, and i've had my fair share of surf sets (probably seen over a 1000 hours on the water over the last 3 years) when i've been sitting on the sunpad/seats on the 25. I've actually fallen in when i was sitting there when the driver gunned it to get the surfer up and i wasnt ready (once). I knew enough to dive down deep so i wouldnt be hit by the surfer. Also felt lightheaded from sitting back there for too long on one occasion.

Will i sit back there again? Probably. Is it a good idea? Probably not without a jacket and limited exposure.

What kind of person ''guns'' it to get a surfer up? :eek: No need to do that IMO.

DemolitionMan
09-07-2011, 01:28 PM
What kind of person ''guns'' it to get a surfer up? :eek: No need to do that IMO.

I was thinking the same thing.

ShamrockIV
09-07-2011, 01:44 PM
WOW looks crazy dangerous to me

scott023
09-07-2011, 01:53 PM

Looks dangerous to me as well, but I'm sure we've all done stupider things in our day. 8p

DemolitionMan
09-07-2011, 01:58 PM

Looks dangerous to me as well, but I'm sure we've all done stupider things in our day. 8p

Wear a helmet.;)

ntidsl
09-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Noob post...ummmm dont think so...just older and wiser...keep doing it I couldnt care less, just saying I think its stupid to take such chances when older and wiser are people are telling you clear reasons why its stupid...its as risky as unprotected sex with an steet hooker and I'm sure since you have an MC are smart enough to not do that.

Seriously, people fall and drown off of parked boats...but fill their lungs with exhaust fumes first and a perfectly able 20 year old girl with built in flotation can still drown real easy.

ntidsl
09-07-2011, 02:06 PM
nooooob post. wow :rolleyes::confused:

Next time, check the post count before making such comments.

scott023
09-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Noob post...ummmm dont think so...just older and wiser...keep doing it I couldnt care less, just saying I think its stupid to take such chances when older and wiser are people are telling you clear reasons why its stupid...its as risky as unprotected sex with an steet hooker and I'm sure since you have an MC are smart enough to not do that.

Seriously, people fall and drown off of parked boats...but fill their lungs with exhaust fumes first and a perfectly able 20 year old girl with built in flotation can still drown real easy.

Now you have officially reached the level of "ridiculous''. :confused::confused::rolleyes:

scott023
09-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Next time, check the post count before making such comments.

Sorry, but post count doesn't determine if you're a noob or not. :D:D:D

ntidsl
09-07-2011, 02:39 PM
I accept that. I guess I am a little ridulous at times.

Noob not though. I've had my own boat while alot of you were still in diapers. I live on the water, respect the water, and it drives me crazy to see people do stupid things when they really know better...

scott023
09-07-2011, 02:44 PM
I accept that. I guess I am a little ridulous at times.

Noob not though. I've had my own boat while alot of you were still in diapers. I live on the water, respect the water, and it drives me crazy to see people do stupid things when they really know better...

Or should know better. Agree 100%.

shepherd
09-07-2011, 03:01 PM
it drives me crazy to see people do stupid things when they really know better...

Some people call that entertainment.

I have enough of my own stuff to worry about without worrying about the actions of other people I don't even know and have no affect on my personal life. Maybe I'm old and mature enough to realize that. ;)

Personally, I'd try what those other folks are doing in the OP's pics. Just for the fun of it.

scott023
09-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Some people call that entertainment.

I have enough of my own stuff to worry about without worrying about the actions of other people I don't even know and have no affect on my personal life. Maybe I'm old and mature enough to realize that. ;)

Personally, I'd try what those other folks are doing in the OP's pics. Just for the fun of it.

Dangerous or not, I'd do it. As long as we weren't using my boat. :D:D

shepherd
09-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Dangerous or not, I'd do it. As long as we weren't using my boat. :D:D

Unfortunately, the more I drink, the more likely I would be to try it, which would make it even MORE dangerous... ! :o

scott023
09-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Unfortunately, the more I drink, the more likely I would be to try it, which would make it even MORE dangerous... ! :o

That there sounds like a bad idea considering the proposed event. :D

ntidsl
09-07-2011, 03:17 PM
That there sounds like a bad idea considering the proposed event. :D

Damn, cannot figure out how to quote both the last few posts...but that's funny!!!

JohnnyB
09-07-2011, 03:26 PM
I've had my own boat while alot of you were still in diapers. I live on the water, respect the water, and it drives me crazy to see people do stupid things when they really know better...

I live on the water front, too. I see lots of people doing stupid things on the water and I have several issues:

1) Enough people being stupid will draw a level of enforcement that I don't desire and will effect the responsible user of my waterway as well. It could also lead to the creation of more laws.
2) When you hurt someone else because you're doing something stupid, it may be me or my kids or my friends. I.e. -- where is your concentration when you're running two boats so close together...probably not on what is in front of you :mad: where my boat or my fallen skier may be????
3) When you hurt someone or crash your boat, I'll still feel obligated to and am required by law to render aid.
4) As a taxpayer, I wind up paying for the search and rescue efforts for your passengers when they fall overboard and my volunteer firefighter ski buddies who are on the search and resue team will get called away from their leisuretime with family and friends.

All that being said, I would've at least like to have seen a shot of the wake from between the boats :cool:

MattsCraft
09-07-2011, 03:37 PM
On Topic - It really does not work very well, 2 boat surfing that is... We tried having one boat port loaded and the other Starboard loaded and ran about 3 to 4 feet apart. If you want to try it, first make sure you have 2 really experienced drivers, my suggestion is the first boat pulling the surfer starts and sets PP at your correct surf setting, have the second boat move into position once the first boat is set. If the rider falls, boat 2 needs to under power move out and left of position, surf boat then pulls off throttle and turns right to pick up the rider.

The problem is this, it looks really cool but as Will said, super stressful on the drivers. You cannot get the boats and waves close enough for the surfer to surf without the rope. My son (Great Surfer) could move from one wake to the other with the rope, but that was about it.

What was actually a lot cooler was the 2 person surf, where my son surfed up behind my son-in-law & jumped onto his board having 2 people on 1 board, pics attached!:D

GT500 MC
09-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Man those boats look close in that first pic. That trough in the 2nd pic looks pretty good too. Nice work on the 2-person board!!

JohnnyB
09-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Very cool pics! Huge surf wakes!!!

ntidsl
09-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Nominating WillyT for Mr. Safety...I notice that everyone on his boat is properly seated and even videotaping just in case...

ntidsl
09-07-2011, 03:58 PM
and doesn't seem too stressed out even though a huge wakeboard boot is about to crush him in your pic!!!

TinaSkiGirl
09-07-2011, 04:04 PM
wake surfing is great

if you could get the waves to mesh ya'll would be rockin

pram
09-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Obviously a slalom skiier, with little or no experience with wakesurfing. There is little to no chance of a sober person falling off the back of the boat at 10MPH. Start up is slow and so is the slow down. MC is making boats with rear facing seats on the sun deck now, so I think your worries (or sillyness) aren't worth the stress. :D

:mikey:

shows what a wakeboarder knows, and evidently not alot

surfing is dangerous and you can fall off the back of the boat

pram
09-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Great minds, Scott023! Must be the Alberta air!

Back to the original post, that is pretty cool... That wave is massive! Do you have any photos looking down the channel? What are the boats? The other boat looks like a Malibu? How much weight, etc?

wait is it great minds or that IDIOTS NEVER DIFFER????

I'm gonna go with the second option

pram
09-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Looks like fun to me and doesn't look particularly dangerous. Besides, safety is overrated.

exactly, shep knows fun

pram
09-07-2011, 04:10 PM

tug boats need full throttle to get up from what I have been told

pram
09-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Wear a helmet.;)

Scott goes helmet to helmet

scott023
09-07-2011, 04:43 PM
:mikey:

shows what a wakeboarder knows, and evidently not alot

surfing is dangerous and you can fall off the back of the boat

Take a long walk off a short dock.

pram
09-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Take a long walk off a short dock.

wow, what's with the personal attacks :confused:

can't we just all get along :rolleyes:

scott023
tug boats need full throttle to get up from what I have been told

Tug boats need spme throttle to get over their own wakes. Apparently the ski boat drivers don't know that.

scott023

You started it.

pram
09-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Tug boats need spme throttle to get over their own wakes. Apparently the ski boat drivers don't know that.

ski boat drivers don't make wakes

we are friends of the water and the shoreline

scott023
09-07-2011, 04:53 PM
ski boat drivers don't make wakes

we are friends of the water and the shoreline

Still, an experienced boat operator wouldn't make that mistake. :rotf:

CiscoStu
09-07-2011, 05:06 PM
wait is it great minds or that IDIOTS NEVER DIFFER????

I'm gonna go with the second option

Wow - what a doofus... Look who started the personal attacks!

pram
09-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Wow - what a doofus... Look who started the personal attacks!

hey zippteedadoooodaaaaaa

how bout you head on over to Kookanusa and annoy some of the locals

I heard you yellow platers are good at that

CiscoStu
09-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Oh no, not another good 'ole BC boy angry at all the Alberta tourists...? That's so cliche... Just smoke another BC Bud, and we can all be friends!

scott023
09-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Hey Canucks, chill out, eh? :D:D:D

MattsCraft
09-07-2011, 05:19 PM
and doesn't seem too stressed out even though a huge wakeboard boot is about to crush him in your pic!!!

Back on the topic, must be a slow day for some people...jeez:rolleyes:

We were wicked close, would not try this except on a calm/large lake and no traffic!!! Actually, now that we have tried it, I won't do it again. Not because of safety, never doubted my co-driver or someone getting hurt etc.

The reason is, this... Even as close as we were, the wash crashing from the 2 waves and the distance apart makes it impossible to truly surf it, you could not get from one pocket to the other with enough speed to do anything, only option is to use the rope which is no fun.

The only other possibility would be to tie the 2 boats together, and certainly not doing that with my boat!!!;)

lanep82
09-07-2011, 05:37 PM
In Texas....it is illegal to ride in the back like that. Will get you ticketed for sure......safe or unsafe

willyt
09-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Nominating WillyT for Mr. Safety...I notice that everyone on his boat is properly seated and even videotaping just in case...

i respectfully decline that nomination... something about 2700lbs of ballast and running in 5 ft of water...

i hate when that happens

We were wicked close, would not try this except on a calm/large lake and no traffic!!! Actually, now that we have tried it, I won't do it again. Not because of safety, never doubted my co-driver or someone getting hurt etc.

The only other possibility would be to tie the 2 boats together, and certainly not doing that with my boat!!!;)

i never realized how close that looks in pictures... holy cr@p. hmm... tying the boats together....?

pram
09-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Oh no, not another good 'ole BC boy angry at all the Alberta tourists...? That's so cliche... Just smoke another BC Bud, and we can all be friends!

:wave: :mikey:

cliche????

great, we got an other frenchy in here

you forgot the hat over the E

Bert
09-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Just finished my bud:D Now I am at peace with those Albertans but those pesky Saskatchewan guy's are pissing me off:D

May have to get some stronger BC bud:D:D

pram
09-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Just finished my bud:D Now I am at peace with those Albertans but those pesky Saskatchewan guy's are pissing me off:D

May have to get some stronger BC bud:D:D

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

does it get worse the farther east a person goes????

I met some Saskatchewanites this summer, nice people

pram
09-07-2011, 05:53 PM
and for the record I am not a partaker in the puff puff pass

MasterKraftS&S
09-07-2011, 05:54 PM
I thought I would create a posting on two boat surfing. We have only done it a few times and still trying to perfect the wave. I think the white water is too large to successfully surf the wave without a rope. If you have any comments or suggestions, we would love to hear them.

Thought we should have the PICS this far down the thread. With a better lens this could go in the Swimsuit thread . . BTW - if she didn't feel a lil unstable she wouldn't be clinging to the back of the seat behind her IMO!

PS if'n you DID post some relevant pics on the Swimsuit thread you might get more POSITIVE feedback!! :popcorn:

Bert
09-07-2011, 06:01 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

does it get worse the farther east a person goes????

I met some Saskatchewanites this summer, nice people
Yes it get's bad east of the rockies and then once east of the Alberta ciies it improves again:D

the only bud I have had comes in a can;)

Kevin@MWMC
09-07-2011, 06:05 PM
On Topic - It really does not work very well, 2 boat surfing that is... We tried having one boat port loaded and the other Starboard loaded and ran about 3 to 4 feet apart. If you want to try it, first make sure you have 2 really experienced drivers, my suggestion is the first boat pulling the surfer starts and sets PP at your correct surf setting, have the second boat move into position once the first boat is set. If the rider falls, boat 2 needs to under power move out and left of position, surf boat then pulls off throttle and turns right to pick up the rider.

The problem is this, it looks really cool but as Will said, super stressful on the drivers. You cannot get the boats and waves close enough for the surfer to surf without the rope. My son (Great Surfer) could move from one wake to the other with the rope, but that was about it.

MattsCraft is right, it DOES NOT work very well. We have tried it the same way, one boat loads down the Starboard side and the other loads down the Port side. It is just really washy back there and like MattsCraft said, the boats just can't get close enough to create the proper wake.

We tried it with me and a driver that I grew up with driving. We both grew up driving inboards. Would never try it with anyone else, only very experienced drivers should even attempt this if they feel the need. But as stated, it doesn't really work. Just my :twocents:

Justjoe
09-07-2011, 06:06 PM
So I'm thinking bout flying up into the Hudson Bay. Be about four hours from here.

I was going to ride the bike (but there seems to be no roads),

Planning on next June/July.

shepherd
09-07-2011, 06:09 PM
MattsCraft is right, it DOES NOT work very well. We have tried it the same way, one boat loads down the Starboard side and the other loads down the Port side. It is just really washy back there and like MattsCraft said, the boats just can't get close enough to create the proper wake.

Maybe try 3 boats? 4? Come on guys, don't give up yet!

shepherd
09-07-2011, 06:11 PM
exactly, shep knows fun

I know Safety too. Safety is Fun's enemy. :mad:

Kevin@MWMC
09-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Maybe try 3 boats? 4? Come on guys, don't give up yet!

Alright let me do some thinking on how we can get that to work, and we might just have to have a test run or two, I'll post pics when we do it ;)

Ain't that the truth!!!

willyt
09-07-2011, 06:16 PM

certainly to a point. but i heard that being dead isnt very much fun

shepherd
09-07-2011, 06:24 PM
certainly to a point. but i heard that being dead isnt very much fun

Really who told you that? A zombie? ;)

Justjoe
09-07-2011, 06:26 PM
How ya gonna die?

You're going 10.

Maybe gank a rub rail.

ntidsl
09-07-2011, 07:06 PM
i respectfully decline that nomination... something about 2700lbs of ballast and running in 5 ft of water...

i hate when that happens

i never realized how close that looks in pictures... holy cr@p. hmm... tying the boats together....?

I was looking at the picture like, what is that on your tower???? then i realized it was a boot from MattsCraft...

willyt
09-07-2011, 07:23 PM

Actually it was a vampire. and not one of those stupid teen vampires.. i mean like a bad, mean vampire from dusk till dawn.

How ya gonna die?

You're going 10.

Maybe gank a rub rail.

get hit in the head by the surfboard. or crushed by a huge wakeboarding binding

yea... yea... just saying it could happen.

coz
09-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Sorry man... wrong. MC will tell you every day and twice on sunday thats not what those seats on the 25 and 2012 X2 are for. .

You forgot the X-80 too :D They'd ticket you in a second here in Az for sitting in those rear facing seats and sitting on the sun pad while under way.

CantRepeat
09-07-2011, 08:23 PM

hahhahahaahahah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all we know it could be the freaking heat!!! I'm gonna guess not!

ShamrockIV
09-07-2011, 09:27 PM

not involving that much money!!

scott023
09-08-2011, 12:35 AM
not involving that much money!!

Never been to Vegas, eh?:D:D:D

RMUDBUGS
09-08-2011, 01:09 AM

Ya, don't you know all 12 people should be seated in the bow where it's safe.

No rear seat in my boat. 2 up front, 1 in observer seat and 1 in drivers seat. Where do the other 4 to 5 people sit?

sizzler
09-08-2011, 07:16 AM
this is a pic of me and one of my daughters from a few years back......

scott023
09-08-2011, 08:48 AM
this is a pic of me and one of my daughters from a few years back......

Great pic Pete. The smile says it all.

wakescene
09-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I'm going to ignore all of the ridiculous comments in this thread and get right on topic.

We have tried something similar to this with wakeboarding. They only way we could make it work was to stagger the boats to create a constant Double-Up wake. It did work, but was inconsistent due to wind, PP speeds etc. But on the occasion we got the wakes to line up, it was stellar and hitting a D-Up wall like that running at normal wakeboard speeds was unreal.

I am thinking that this is how you need to run to get the wakesurf wakes to line up. Ours was staggered about 100ft in front of the boat with the rider and off to the side about 30ft (this should be the side the rider is on). The speeds have to be identical to get it consistent, but it could work for a short time. The front boat dies not need to have a weighted side, only to be creating a decent wake at slow speed.

Honestly to get this to work you need two good drivers that KNOW HOW TO READ WAKES, and how to drive them at angles so that you get the convergence.

ntidsl
09-08-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm going to ignore all of the ridiculous comments in this thread and get right on topic.

We have tried something similar to this with wakeboarding. They only way we could make it work was to stagger the boats to create a constant Double-Up wake. It did work, but was inconsistent due to wind, PP speeds etc. But on the occasion we got the wakes to line up, it was stellar and hitting a D-Up wall like that running at normal wakeboard speeds was unreal.

I am thinking that this is how you need to run to get the wakesurf wakes to line up. Ours was staggered about 100ft in front of the boat with the rider and off to the side about 30ft (this should be the side the rider is on). The speeds have to be identical to get it consistent, but it could work for a short time. The front boat dies not need to have a weighted side, only to be creating a decent wake at slow speed.

Honestly to get this to work you need two good drivers that KNOW HOW TO READ WAKES, and how to drive them at angles so that you get the convergence.

Way to get back on topic...now this make sense...100 feet away...takes some of the risk out of it. Then have the other boat with the surfer come up to that wake from the side and hopefully you have a good enough driver to keep you where you need to be, watch for other boats on the lake, and ensure that you don't go to far into that wake and submerge the boat because he had 3000 lbs of ballast and everyone on one side of the boat. If all of this happens, wow, that would be awesome.

scott023
09-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Way to get back on topic...now this make sense...100 feet away...takes some of the risk out of it. Then have the other boat with the surfer come up to that wake from the side and hopefully you have a good enough driver to keep you where you need to be, watch for other boats on the lake, and ensure that you don't go to far into that wake and submerge the boat because he had 3000 lbs of ballast and everyone on one side of the boat. If all of this happens, wow, that would be awesome.

Look out!!! Mr. Negativity has spoken. Let it be heard. :rolleyes:

02ProstarSammyD
09-08-2011, 03:02 PM

When I have relations I wear a back brace, full goaly gear, and hold mace in one hand just in case she gets out of control and I need to fend away anything unsafe.

scott023
09-08-2011, 03:07 PM
When I have relations I wear a back brace, full goaly gear, and hold mace in one hand just in case she gets out of control and I need to fend away anything unsafe.

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

Full goalie gear, minus the jockstrap I assume? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

02ProstarSammyD
09-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Full goalie gear, minus the jockstrap I assume? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wear it backwards and never worry about your back ends.

pram
09-08-2011, 03:40 PM

Tell Lakey about that for when the next time Hoosier is around :rolleyes:

scott023
09-08-2011, 04:00 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's obscene.

BWB-745-
09-08-2011, 04:41 PM

Oh god, I could tell an awesome story (not about me) if I wasn't worried about being banned.

ntidsl
09-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Look out!!! Mr. Negativity has spoken. Let it be heard. :rolleyes:

I was being serious actually. I am not a boarder but I did that double up video and it was pretty dern cool...those guys are nuts!!! And I love sitting on the boat on Sundays and watching the wakeboard guys and gals. Wish I could do it, but I cannot.

MattsCraft
09-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Now you have me re-thinking this, for surfing I don't think what you explained would work because the pocket is just to darn short... However... What might work is to create a double wake, like you would get off of an X80 twin screw.

Load both boats Port or Starboard for that matter, which could give you a nice surf wave on each side, the rider could cross sides or even 2 surfers. You could even be offset in distance a bit. The offset might work better, because of the wash created by boat 1. Hmmm, just might have to try this one, probably will have to wait till next year though. This would be a lot tougher for the second boat because he would have the beams distance away to judge.

CantRepeat
09-08-2011, 07:10 PM

Too late, you post. :D

JulioX2
11-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Found this video of 2 X-80's. Looks like if it's done "right" you can surf it without the rope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9uynoCJ-1c

tex
11-08-2011, 08:28 PM

We used to do that in our shows in San Diego and Germany. You could fly! Only time I actually liked riding a smoker!