PDA

View Full Version : In need of the metal cap for ski pylon 2008 x-2

cal2vin
09-02-2011, 12:30 AM
I have a 2008 x-2. The part I am needing is the metal top cap on the back ski pylon that raises up just in front of the engine. There are about 6 allen screws that hold it in. I called the dealer and they said they could only get it as the whole pylon itself which cost a ridiculous amount when the only thing I need is that cap to fix some cosmetic damage. We were sitting at the party cove and some of my friends had pulled up a mussel off the bottom and they were trying to open it. One of the brighter of my friends :roll eyes: decides that there is no better place to bust open the shell of the mussel than the top of the ski pylon. :mad: It isn't hurting any functionality but I don't want a chipped up ski pylon on a 2 season old 65,000 dollar boat...

Does anyone know where I could get this piece. Maybe a wrecked master craft with the same pylon.. or would any dealers on here be able to pull some strings for me??? It just makes me sick to look at it when it was pure stupidity that caused this eyesore. Not even my own stupidity!!

bturner2
09-02-2011, 08:41 AM
I put the removalable pylon on my 07 X2 last year so I have the whole old pylon sitting on the work bench. If you're interested I'm sure we could work something out (case of beer and you pay shipping?). Shipping would be from Brighton MI. I could send the whole pylon or just the top. I'm sure shipping just the top would be quite cheaper. Let me know if you're interested.

cal2vin
09-02-2011, 07:48 PM
I would love to to make that exchange. PM me with price and ill get you a shipping address. Just the cap will be fine. Is anyone sure whether or not the 08 and 07 had the exact same pylon? Im assuming they did but not for sure?

MIskier
09-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Yes the pylons will be the same.

bturner2
09-04-2011, 09:22 AM
OK this is going to sound stupid but anyone know how to get the cap off without destroying it? I just tried taking it off by removing the cap screws and it didn't come off. Not sure if it's screwed on or if it just has thread locker on it but it's not coming off. Might be a better idea just to ship the whole thing to you and switch it out. I'm sure shipping would be more though.

BTW a case a beer is $20 here if that still works for you.....

bturner2
09-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Good news just figured it out. The 6 screw in the top of the pylon head are for looks. The top just threads into the pylon. Got it off a couple minutes ago and am looking for a box to put it in. It weighs maybe 3 pounds. Let me know if you still want it.

Chief
09-04-2011, 01:00 PM
OK this is going to sound stupid but anyone know how to get the cap off without destroying it? I just tried taking it off by removing the cap screws and it didn't come off. Not sure if it's screwed on or if it just has thread locker on it but it's not coming off. Might be a better idea just to ship the whole thing to you and switch it out. I'm sure shipping would be more though.

BTW a case a beer is $20 here if that still works for you.....

A case of good beer is $35.00!

cal2vin
09-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Yes I defiantly still want it. I send you a PM with my address and details about payment. Thank you!