PDA

View Full Version : Indmar 350 MCX- no spark

KYshooter
08-30-2011, 05:25 PM
My 2004 X-30 left me stranded this weekend on LOTO. Not the best place to be stranded on Shootout weekend with all the monstorous boats shaking things up, but luckily a super nice gentleman and went above and beyond to help me get it out of the water. It could have been much worse.

So heres what happened. Ran fine on Friday, Saturday, and early Sunday. Sunday afternoon we drove it to resturant and parked it at the dock while we had dinner. Came back down after dinner and it cranked over fine, but wouldn't hit a lick.

Since it was our last day and I only had limited tools I waited until I got home to troubleshoot much. Last night I comfirmed it didn't have spark at the plugs or from the coil. I was told the purple wire going into the coil should have 12 volts when the Key is on. It was dead so is there any power to the coil? The purple wire is hot with the key on past the kill switch and even on the main engine plug. Any guesses on what could cause this (again assuming it should have 12V)? Thanks!

KYshooter
09-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Just letting everyone know it ended up being fuel pump in case someone else runs into this. No sure why there was no spark. I wonder if ECM somehow knew there was nonfiel pressure.