PDA

View Full Version : Tranny fluid leak? Did I overfill?

93Prostar190
08-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Ok fellow TT'ers .... I have a 2008 MCX PS 214 ... and I changed my tranny fluid for the 2nd time since I had it just recently.

I don't think I spilled any ... but it feels like I may have a small leak but I cannot find it.

Checked tranny cooler, hoses, seal areas ....

I have cleaned the bilge to clear up the residue and all seems well ... is it possible that I overfilled it a bit and it came out from somewhere? It seems to be better but I still have a touch of the fluid in the bilge (lite trace) ... I'll continue to clean the bilge since maybe it is leftover .. but I swear I did not spill .... wonder if it is coming from somewhere else ....

Tranny fluid level seems fine ... at the high mark when warm ..... maybe I over-filled and it vents out from somewhere is that possible?

Thanks in advance.:confused:

bobx1
08-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Based on your dipstick readings, are you losing fluid? I still have traces of tranny fluid in my bilge since my dealer flushed it last year.

Also, you may not have put the cap/dip stick back on tight (that also happend to me a couple of years ago).

Watch the dip stick level over the next couple of outtings and your question will be answered.

sp00ky
08-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Yes there is a vent and purge excess. Does it look frothy or have air bubbles. Does it hiss when you remove the dipstick?

93Prostar190
08-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the responses so far, does not look frothy on the dipstick....... When I remove the dipstick it does feel like it is under pressure bit noreal hiss.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

sp00ky
08-31-2011, 12:18 AM
Don't worry about overfilling except the bilge mess. The relief valve will regulate the level

CantRepeat
08-31-2011, 07:16 AM
Don't worry about overfilling except the bilge mess. The relief valve will regulate the level

Very important point, if the relief valve becomes clogged or crushed you can build enough over pressure to blow out your rear seal.

93Prostar190
08-31-2011, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the great info, on an 2008 MCX, where would I find the relief valve? Somewhere on the tranmy housing?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express