PDA

View Full Version : 2005 X7 engine stopped no restart

TI Skiier
08-28-2011, 11:42 PM
X7 with MCX, 400 hrs. Last weekend the Boat was running at 36mph and engine stopped. It restarted easily. Yesterday, boat ran great all day, pulling skiers & surfers.
Today,I was pulling a surfer at 11mph and boat died. Would not restart. Turned over fine, motor started briefly,less than 1 second, then died. Let it sit for an hour and same deal. It would run for a couple of seconds then die. Tried starting with throttle open, and no start at all. Checked coil wire, it was fine. Any suggestions?

mark g
08-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Just going on all the recent problems a lot have had I'd check the fuel pump do you hear it prime when the key is turned, have you checked fuel pressure, lots of info regarding the fuel pumps on this site.

ntidsl
08-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Could be.

Rather than dumping money into it though, why dont you take it to your dealer and let him run the codes and do a test?

Years ago I had an issue with my 05...every code in the book came up...turns out a wire rubbed on the engine mount bolts enough to work through the casing and was grounding out...sometimes it would touch metal, sometimes not...replaced the wire but a piece of electical tape and a slight repositioning of the wire would have been a temp fix.

See your dealer.