PDA

View Full Version : Tri Star 19 Help

MATFOW
08-28-2011, 10:59 PM
I bought a 1990 Tri Star 190 this season and I have been having a great time on it. Yesterday, we took on a little water (up to the floor) due to the drain plug not being in. The boat survived (so did we thanks to the bilge and ballast pumps) and today I removed the floorboards and doghouse to let things dry out. I also drained the gas tank and will refill with new gas.

It seems that there is water on the drivers side under the side ski compartment and going back about 75% of the boat. I can hear it sloshing around when I rock the boat on the trailer. I am concerned because I live in an area that freezes and do not want to pop out any joints if the water stays in there.

I think I am going to cut an inspection port under the drivers seat and then going in with a wet dry vac. What is in there? Is it foam or is it hollow?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thank you in advance!

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Don't know if this helps but this is from my 89 tristar brochure however i think the open bow is a little different

MATFOW
08-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the image. Any chance you could scan the tristar brochure and send it to me via email?