PDA

View Full Version : Bow is up! '94 Prostar 190

slalom4lyf
08-01-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm a new MC owner and don't love the wake as much as other Prostars. Am I stuck? What about a trim plate? Weights in the bow?
Adjustment to prop shaft? It feels like the bow is up more than it should and rooster tail is high with uneven turbulence.
Hopeful,
Karen

rodltg2
08-01-2005, 03:16 PM
thats weird because that boat should have one of the best wakes. my 93 is awesome.

east tx skier
08-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Karen, I'll second what Rod said, that wake should be nothing but perfect (unless you're wakeboarding). Are you wakeboarding? ;)

Quick threadjack,
Rod, saw your 197 on ebay today. Did the last guy back out?

rodltg2
08-01-2005, 03:21 PM
yep, i had a feeling too, he was flaky and always prosmissing tomorrow, tomorow. he still wants it but im not waiting for him.

east tx skier
08-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah, the summer's waning. Don't wait for him.

Now back to Karen. Which other prostars did you find more preferable? Perhaps some pictures of that wake?

rodltg2
08-01-2005, 03:36 PM
the only draw back to your boat compared to a new prostar will be the bump at 22 and chine spray .the bump its not that bad or too hard and unless your skiing shorter than 35 off the spray will not bother you. otherwise that boat should track on rails and have a small , soft wake.

wakesport
08-01-2005, 03:56 PM
My '94 has one of the best wakes. Everyone that skis behind this boat raves about the wake. Not sure what the problem is. How about a picture. Here's some video of my wake at 32 mph from last October.

http://personalpages.tds.net/~wakesport/Lake_Monona_Ski.WMV

east tx skier
08-01-2005, 03:59 PM
This is from a 93 205 so your's should be a little flatter. But does it resemble this?

slalom4lyf
08-02-2005, 03:12 AM
Thanks for the pic - the wake looks amazing! I'll see if the MC rep will come take a ride in the boat and tell me what is wrong. The roostertail is very high at 30 mph and at 32 better with a strong curl on one side of the wake. The service guy suggested looking in the bilge for water - don't know how to get in to it. I had the boat shipped across country from Connecticut to Washington and never saw it on the water - just had a mechanical survey. The boat is in immaculate shape, just not the wake I expected.
Thanks for your reply! It was fun reading from everyone.
Karen

slalom4lyf
08-02-2005, 03:14 AM
Would love to see your video - must be from a MAC? Windows Media Player couldn't open it. If you have another version, please send.
Will get a mechanic out to check on the wake - I was expecting the wake of my friend's '92 Prostar - to why I searched for the same hull in the '94.
Thanks for your reply!!!
Karen

jimmer2880
08-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Would love to see your video - must be from a MAC? Windows Media Player couldn't open it. If you have another version, please send.
Will get a mechanic out to check on the wake - I was expecting the wake of my friend's '92 Prostar - to why I searched for the same hull in the '94.
Thanks for your reply!!!
Karen

WMV is a windows media file. Maybe it's of a newer version than what you have though. Works fine on my XP system with Windows Media Player 10

Smooth wake - looks nice. Was that 36 mph?

bret
08-02-2005, 07:58 AM
Owning a 94 myself, it IS one of the best wakes you can ski behind - other than a 94 Bud Pro Tour boat which had a couple of small hull mods for spray. May I ask if the boat is doing 30 mph, why your in the rooster tail or are you just noticing it being sort of high? Just curious about the 30 mph speed because if this is for a novice skier, give em some more rope, even at 15 off you should be behind the rooster tail about 10 feet or a little more.

Couple of things to help out the wake - half a tank of gas (unless your going to the other side of the lake) when you're going to ski. If a marina is close, you can always get gas. At the slower speeds, most 190's will ride to the side of the driver, if he's alone, causing a shift in the way the water exits the hull, thus causing a bigger rooster tail. Keep all the gear to the sides of the engine box or in the bow, not in the stern.

One other thing to check, check the "hook" on the hull, underneath at the rear. When you take the boat out of the water, don't get all the way forward, pull it out of the water. Take a look underneath, there should be an area, about 3/8 - 1/2" long that goes down at about 20.

PegLeg
08-03-2005, 11:59 AM
93 PS205 @34mph, best yet.

JDK
08-03-2005, 12:44 PM
The roostertail is very high at 30 mph and at 32 better with a strong curl on one side of the wake.

This sounds like more of a propeller issue than hull weight thing. What prop does you boat have?
4 blades wll push up more roostertail at ski speeds than a 3 blade, and different cupping on the blades can 'adjust' for bow or stern lift at higher speeds.

G-man
08-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Where are you located? Maybe one of us "experts" can give you a second opinion after we drive and ski with you. I will volenter if your in my area.

east tx skier
08-03-2005, 01:56 PM
By the way, that wake shot above is at 36 with a full tank of gas and a driver/observer. At 30 or 32, the wake is a little taller. But I've been skiing at 30 and 32 a lot lately and hardly notice a bump at 15 off. My boat is running an Acme 13x12 3 blade (and was in the picture).