PDA

View Full Version : Ballasts are fantastic!!!

NatesGr8
08-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Just thought i'd let everyone know about the new ballasts i've recently bought and used.

THEY'RE AWESOME AND THATS ALL THERE IS TO IT

I picked up a pair of Big Bumps (750#'s each) from http://www.gethighsports.net along with they're pump and double hitter (to fill up both bags at once). My wake was easily tripled in size and the bags weren't even filled to full capacity. If anyone is looking for some ballasts i suggest them.

Enjoy the rest of the season everyone, I know i will. :banana: :dance: :banana:

soacj
08-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Where are you putting those twin 750 lb.er's? I've got a Launch Pad 650 lb. bag that sits where the back seat normally rides and a single 300 lb. "Fat Buddy" that sits in the bow under the deck.

All in all, not a bad wake but what a pain in the a## to fill and empty!

Jay

NatesGr8
08-27-2004, 10:14 AM
I put one on each side of the engine and they came with an attachment that allows me to fill them both at the same time with one pump. For emptying i just switch the direction of the pump. So far it works pretty good. I'm hoping to have wake pictures this weekend.

east tx skier
08-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Has anyone put a small ballast tank under the observer seat to even things out when it's just driver/rider? I know MC offers it on the 190/197s now up to 185 lbs or so.

NatesGr8
08-27-2004, 08:22 PM
When I have just a driver i place the cooler on the observer side of the boat, it seems to work nicely :headbang:

mitch
09-01-2004, 08:00 AM
East Tx, My buddy is also looking to add the MTS 180lb under spotter's seat. Has anyone done this?