PDA

View Full Version : General discussion

tommcat
08-27-2011, 02:38 PM
since pretty much every thread posted in general discussion is getting moved, as i'm sure this one will, i have to ask exactly what is considered "general discussion" at this time? what kind of topic will actually be left here?

jwardenjr
08-27-2011, 02:40 PM
since pretty much every thread posted in general discussion is getting moved, as i'm sure this one will, i have to ask exactly what is considered "general discussion" at this time? what kind of topic will actually be left here?

I second that ...

ksdaoski
08-27-2011, 02:46 PM
No point having general discussion if everything has a specific location. Seems like a good way to make a board less relevant.

thatsmrmastercraft
08-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Are you guys really complaining about about this forum getting too evolved with more specific topics? :confused:

scott023
08-27-2011, 03:07 PM
X2

Why shouldn't the threads be in the section they belong in?

tommcat
08-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Are you guys really complaining about about this forum getting too evolved with more specific topics? :confused:

were people really complaining about threads being left in the general discussion area?

and to answer your question, i'm asking a question. one i thought was pretty legit considering quite a few people were wondering the same thing. sorry if you and others found my question offensive:rolleyes:

tommcat
08-27-2011, 03:14 PM
X2

Why shouldn't the threads be in the section they belong in?

so what BELONGS in "general discussion"?

my question about oil pressure gauge issues, is that an engine, electrical or general/other in the maintenance forum?

seriously, i can understand a wakeboarding specific question like which board to choose being in the wakeboard section but someone is getting a little too picky about moving every single thread in here.

scott023
08-27-2011, 03:22 PM
so what BELONGS in "general discussion"?

my question about oil pressure gauge issues, is that an engine, electrical or general/other in the maintenance forum?

seriously, i can understand a wakeboarding specific question like which board to choose being in the wakeboard section but someone is getting a little too picky about moving every single thread in here.

Perhaps they are, but they have the buttons and we don't. You have to remember that this is a free forum for us, so we can't really complain when the provider runs the site the way they want to. :twocents:

thatsmrmastercraft
08-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Properly categorized threads allow for less work when searching using the advanced search functions.

tommcat
08-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Properly categorized threads allow for less work when searching using the advanced search functions.

personally i find the search feature useless anyway, seems it always has a problem with one of the words i try searching for. it's either too long, short or too common:mad:

03 35th Anniversary
08-27-2011, 04:29 PM
General Discussion looks like the only place anybody starts thread no matter what the subject it or where it belongs.

shepherd
08-27-2011, 05:22 PM
General Discussion looks like the only place anybody starts thread no matter what the subject it or where it belongs.

Been noticing that lately. :rolleyes:

GENERAL DISCUSSION: General discussion of MasterCraft boats and anything that relates to them

I always assumed that if a specific category didn't fit a thread, stick it in General Discussion, or Off Topic if it doesn't relate to MC boats.

thatsmrmastercraft
08-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Been noticing that lately. :rolleyes:

GENERAL DISCUSSION: General discussion of MasterCraft boats and anything that relates to them

I always assumed that if a specific category didn't fit a thread, stick it in General Discussion, or Off Topic if it doesn't relate to MC boats.

I think you have the concept.:toast::D

shepherd
08-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Makes sense to me! :D

shepherd
08-27-2011, 05:38 PM
remember that this is a free forum for us, so we can't really complain when the provider runs the site the way they want to. :twocents:

That never seemed to stop a lot of other guys on here. :cool:

JohnE
08-27-2011, 05:39 PM
I don't know why everyone gets up in arms about thread locations. I typically click on "new posts" when I log in and browse the titles. I don't pay attention to which forum they are in. But if i were not on here regularly I would browse by forum. So it's helpful that they are in the proper forum. I'm on an electrical forum and the mods there are very strict about thread placement.

BallBushing
08-27-2011, 06:12 PM
General discussions are just like "chit chat", sometimes initiated by the question, "what are you thinking" in other words, they have no point. Just like this post

quincyfirefighter
08-28-2011, 11:44 AM
I don't know why everyone gets up in arms about thread locations. I typically click on "new posts" when I log in and browse the titles. I don't pay attention to which forum they are in. But if i were not on here regularly I would browse by forum. So it's helpful that they are in the proper forum. I'm on an electrical forum and the mods there are very strict about thread placement.

Agree. The only way to browse ;)

scott023
08-28-2011, 12:16 PM
That never seemed to stop a lot of other guys on here. :cool:

You're not kidding. :D

MasterKraftS&S
08-28-2011, 12:22 PM
General discussions are just like "chit chat", sometimes initiated by the question, "what are you thinking" in other words, they have no point. Just like this post

WELL SAID! For those STILL scratching their head wondering WHAT goes in Gen. Discussion - Look at your SCREEN! That is of course until they see a trend and create a "BASH the Mods" thread section. I'm w/JohnE on this one!:cool:

psychobilly
08-28-2011, 05:18 PM

prolly to keep things like this from happening. Seems as this topic has already been discussed just yesterdee......

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=43412

Try this the next time you come it.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=43471

tommcat
08-28-2011, 05:49 PM
prolly to keep things like this from happening. Seems as this topic has already been discussed just yesterdee......

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=43412

Try this the next time you come it.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=43471nope, i checked those and nobody really made it clear what will be left in general discussion, but thanks for your input, it was oh so usefull.

CantRepeat
08-28-2011, 06:18 PM
nope, i checked those and nobody really made it clear what will be left in general discussion, but thanks for your input, it was oh so usefull.

Probably anything MC related that doesn't fit in one of the more specific forums.

tommcat
09-07-2011, 03:29 PM
might as well rename it the "moved thread" forum, that would clear it up

CantRepeat
09-07-2011, 03:39 PM
might as well rename it the "moved thread" forum, that would clear it up

There is a forum for "suggestions" (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=4) this is not it. lol :D

tommcat
09-07-2011, 03:48 PM
There is a forum for "suggestions" (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=4) this is not it. lol :D
I didnt even see that one, i'm sure this will get moved there though:rolleyes:8p

Age Fighter
09-21-2011, 10:45 PM
personally i find the search feature useless anyway, seems it always has a problem with one of the words i try searching for. it's either too long, short or too common:mad:

X2 - I find the search function almost useless..

Age Fighter
09-21-2011, 10:48 PM

Which I think is totally missing why most people come here most of the time. I personally come to talk boats and see what other people are talking about. That's about 99%. Maybe 1% I come to find a specific piece of information.

Running this thing like it's just an information forum is penalizing the 99% for the 1% IMO.

psychobilly
09-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Which I think is totally missing why most people come here most of the time. I personally come to talk boats and see what other people are talking about. That's about 99%. Maybe 1% I come to find a specific piece of information.

Running this thing like it's just an information forum is penalizing the 99% for the 1% IMO.

I come in here mostly for the same reason you do bud and I have no problem clicking the new post tab... It's just as easy as hitting the mastercraft in your area tab or the less popular general discussion tab... I find by using the new post tab it's like reading my outlook.... All recent post are right there in a row, just like outlook. That way you don't miss nothing.....

Oh well, it's a free forum, and I don't pay nut'n to some in here, and there's some GREAT information here..... ;) :rolleyes: :D :) :cool:

You may coax an equine quadruped to the matter of specific gravity, but you may not compel him to imbibe thereof.