PDA

View Full Version : 310 HP Increase?

TayMC197
08-27-2011, 01:14 PM
What are the available mods to make the predator 310 have a little more HP? With the prop change, I'll be loosing speed but gaining torque. The current prop would be good with a little more HP. Any thoughts?

TayMC197
08-27-2011, 02:40 PM
What are the available mods to make the predator 310 have a little more HP? With the prop change, I'll be loosing speed but gaining torque. The current prop would be good with a little more HP. Any thoughts?

Mods, don't move my posts. If I wanted them in the engine section, I would have posted it there.

robin
08-27-2011, 05:10 PM
If your exhaust manifolds are needing to be replaced, use could switch to the indmar etx aluminium exhaust headers. You would gain maybe 10 ponies, loose a lot of weight, and have a different look. I priced them new at $800 each, but i have seen them used on ebay too.

JohnE
08-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Mods, don't move my posts. If I wanted them in the engine section, I would have posted it there.

When you get your own forum you can decide where your threads can be.

I kid. :D I have no problem leaving it here. I have no answer to the thread either. Good luck.

tommcat
08-27-2011, 06:31 PM

i dont know about your motor for sure, but i know that when i looked at adding power to my LT1 i found it not worth the time or money. adding airflow generally equals adding hp, but if yours is like mine and has no mass air flow sensor then it wont know that you added more airflow and therefore wont add the extra fuel need to keep the fuel mixture correct.
you would need to change the programming in the ECU and i couldnt find anyone that could do that without flying a MC engineer out to custom tune my boat.....which would obviously be expensive.

thatsmrmastercraft
08-28-2011, 12:27 AM

I kid. :D I have no problem leaving it here. I have no answer to the thread either. Good luck.

Great answer JohnE:toast:

03 35th Anniversary
08-28-2011, 02:27 AM
I did some hunting on Google looking for the engine specs (runner & valve sizes) on the RTP. I couldn't find them.

Your biggest bottle neck is going to be the ECM.

TayMC197
08-28-2011, 09:38 AM

LOL Thanks John

TayMC197
08-28-2011, 09:40 AM
I did some hunting on Google looking for the engine specs (runner & valve sizes) on the RTP. I couldn't find them.

Thats what I came up with. I think I'll just drop an LY6 in it and be done.

1redTA
08-28-2011, 09:48 AM
finding people to tune LT1 engines is a hard task for a car, I couldn't imagine one for a boat. There is a company swapping a LS1 PCM and harness to work on the LT1 and LS1 tuners are everywhere btw.

tommcat
08-28-2011, 01:04 PM
finding people to tune LT1 engines is a hard task for a car, I couldn't imagine one for a boat. There is a company swapping a LS1 PCM and harness to work on the LT1 and LS1 tuners are everywhere btw.

but i assume that LS system uses a MAF sensor and the boat is speed density. i guess you could hook a maf up in the system but then you get back to the question of is it worth the time, effort and money.
personally i think the 330 horses in mine gets the job done pretty well so i'm leaving it alone

pram
08-28-2011, 02:53 PM
what does a 2400lb boat need with more than 310 horses?

Heck my 190 with a std 240 hp will rip the rope from your hands if your not set up for the pull

but either way, pull the heads, port and polish, drop in a new cam, punch it out a bit, shave the heads, change the exhaust, rip the efi off add a carb and NOS

Footin
08-28-2011, 03:04 PM

Heck my 190 with a std 240 hp will rip the rope from your hands if your not set up for the pull

I cannot agree more, my 275 horsies do all ask then more.

03 35th Anniversary
08-28-2011, 03:09 PM

but either way, pull the heads, port and polish, drop in a new cam, punch it out a bit, shave the heads, change the exhaust, rip the efi off add a carb and NOS

I cannot agree more, my 275 horsies do all ask then more.

Paul, Mike.......

When it comes to HP we have 3 kinds of people!

People who have it!
People who what it!
People who are Scared of it!

Where do you to fall in at??? :uglyhamme

1redTA
08-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Paul, Mike.......

When it comes to HP we have 3 kinds of people!

People who have it!
People who what it!
People who are Scared of it!

Where do you to fall in at??? :uglyhamme

people who want more!! The 400+ my LT1 had to the tires wasn't enough

tommcat
08-28-2011, 04:46 PM
people who want more!! The 400+ my LT1 had to the tires wasn't enough

it's a disease, i suffer from the same condition. too much is almost enough for me

pram
08-28-2011, 04:54 PM
well it's good then for the economy people like you who waste their money (IMO) on unnecessary upgrades

03 35th Anniversary
08-28-2011, 05:03 PM
well it's good then for the economy people like you who waste their money (IMO) on unnecessary upgrades

A boat as a whole falls in this category no matter how much HP it has.

JimN
08-28-2011, 05:10 PM

The biggest bottleneck will be the throttle body, not the ECM. The program can be changed but the throttle body will only allow so much air to pass by it and that's why it will be the most restrictive thing on this engine. These ECMs can be used on a big block, small block or, if needed, on a motorcycle. The same can't be said about this throttle body.

JimN
08-28-2011, 05:17 PM

Make it breathe better. That's about the only way to make it produce more power. Heads, valve job, punch it out- the intake is already a good one. The throttle body, as I mentioned, is a limiting factor because it restricts air flow just by being where it is.

tommcat
08-28-2011, 05:52 PM

hey, some guys are perfectly content on having less then other people. if that's your thing then cool, not sure anyone on a mastercraft has any place deciding what's "necessary" though.

tommcat
08-28-2011, 05:55 PM
The biggest bottleneck will be the throttle body, not the ECM. The program can be changed but the throttle body will only allow so much air to pass by it and that's why it will be the most restrictive thing on this engine. These ECMs can be used on a big block, small block or, if needed, on a motorcycle. The same can't be said about this throttle body.

so jim, does than mean on his engine the computer has the ability to detect added airflow and compensate fuel flow accordingly which would be different than my LT1?

03 35th Anniversary
08-28-2011, 05:55 PM

Then how do you rewrite the ECM code?

TayMC197
09-16-2011, 06:38 PM
I want more horse power so I can gain torque, while maintaining speed. Currently the boat feels sluggish in comparison with my 92 190 285 horse...