PDA

View Full Version : Moved Threads

psychobilly
08-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Sweet! They're getting put where they're supposed to be. ;) I was starting to think everything on here was "General Discussion" lmao

agarabaghi
08-26-2011, 10:19 AM
thats annoying. no one ever checks the other forums.

scott023
08-26-2011, 10:21 AM

What? There sure a a heck of a lot of posts in them. Must be some members checking them.

Sodar
08-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Apparently agarabahi has not found the "New Posts" button.

psychobilly
08-26-2011, 10:34 AM
I check them, but no one ever bothers to post things in the proper place. lmao

CantRepeat
08-26-2011, 10:47 AM

The single best feature of the boards.

I check them, but no one ever bothers to post things in the proper place. lmao

Looks like they will find their way to the proper location now.

thatsmrmastercraft
08-26-2011, 10:47 AM

That "New Posts" button works, and it's easy to find being right in the middle.:rolleyes:

tommcat
08-26-2011, 10:57 AM

Agreed 100%

CantRepeat
08-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Agreed 100%

I think the organization is wonderful. I can now find stuff about engines in the engine thread. ;)

tommcat
08-26-2011, 12:19 PM
I think the organization is wonderful. I can now find stuff about engines in the engine thread. ;)

yep, only problem is those forums dont get that much traffic so a lot of people will miss a post that may have been put in the general forum for more exposure

gatorguy
08-26-2011, 12:21 PM
I think it's nice to have everything in its right place. OCD!!

thatsmrmastercraft
08-26-2011, 01:07 PM
I think it's nice to have everything in its right place. OCD!!

Nothing worse than a bad gig line.:D

bobx1
08-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Why are all the threads being moved???? I think most of the stuff that has been moved would constitute a "general discussion" item.

This is not my site, it is free, and I will abide by any rules. Just curious....

psychobilly
08-26-2011, 01:38 PM
yep, only problem is those forums dont get that much traffic so a lot of people will miss a post that may have been put in the general forum for more exposure

I think that was the reason for the "new post" button. lol :D

psychobilly
08-26-2011, 01:44 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25975

so when you search for something you can find it.

jwardenjr
08-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Why are all the threads being moved???? I think most of the stuff that has been moved would constitute a "general discussion" item.

This is not my site, it is free, and I will abide by any rules. Just curious....

I agree plus things are moved into categories that I would not look for them ? I read post's because they are new and would not necessarily go searching for them .. someone got carried away.

psychobilly
08-26-2011, 02:01 PM
I agree plus things are moved into categories that I would not look for them ? I read post's because they are new and would not necessarily go searching for them .. someone got carried away.

I think "someone" is doing a great job. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes to keep a forum up and running properly and smoothly.

You may coax an equine quadruped to the matter of specific gravity, but you may not compel him to imbibe thereof

CantRepeat
08-26-2011, 02:01 PM

This is a good way to see all new post everytime you visit.

SkiDog
08-26-2011, 02:03 PM
I just wish they'd put a 'New posts' buttom at the bottom of the page!:mad:

psychobilly
08-26-2011, 02:06 PM
We are trying to get organized. Every thread does not belong in the General Discussion area.
[/B]

Thanks man!

LMAO!!!!

CantRepeat
08-26-2011, 02:08 PM

I think that would requiere a php hack to do.

bobx1
08-26-2011, 02:15 PM
.....we will need to discuss why and make the appropriate adjustments.

Thanks for all you (and others) do Cam!

With that being said, I tend to treat the General Discussion page as a Google News page as it tends to be a "catch-all" page which is what I personally like. For example, the Lime Green thread started a broad discussion on the nice looks of the colors, comments on the tower, etc. and that was moved to "For Sale". The thread ended up being interesting whilel also showing some great pictures. I never check the "For Sale" section as I am not buying anything.

The X1 question/advice thread created some interesting and helpful comments (i.e. weighting the boat for surfing, 06/07 tower pros/cons, how to keep sunpad dry, etc.).

Again, thank you and the other mods for all you do!

Sodar
08-26-2011, 02:16 PM

Little steps, Eddie. Little steps.

In the mean time, make a bookmark to the URL: http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/search.php?do=getnew

If you do this, no matter where on the page you are, you can click on your bookmark at the top of the page and get your new posts.

psychobilly
08-26-2011, 02:17 PM

I never check the "For Sale" section as I am not buying anything.

Try using the new post button as everyone else has mentioned. There is a pic f it on page 2 of this thread

Sodar
08-26-2011, 02:19 PM

With that being said, I tend to treat the General Discussion page as a Google News page as it tends to be a "catch-all" page which is what I personally like. For example, the Lime Green thread started a broad discussion on the nice looks of the colors, comments on the tower, etc. and that was moved to "For Sale". The thread ended up being interesting whilel also showing some great pictures. I never check the "For Sale" section as I am not buying anything.

The X1 question/advice thread created some interesting and helpful comments (i.e. weighting the boat for surfing, 06/07 tower pros/cons, how to keep sunpad dry, etc.).

Noted. We will try our best to make adjustments for things like this.

This said, because of certain members, we have to create a standard protocol for dealers posting pictures/advertising on this site. If we allow one, we must allow for them all! ;)

MariStar-Man
09-01-2011, 04:51 PM
:D I don't mind but it seems like, "Team Talk" is now, "Moved Post..."

MariStar-Man
09-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Oops i wrote this in the wrong forum, Can a Moderator please help put it here:

Team Talk Forum Help- Forum Issues Only

Sodar
09-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Done and Done.

tommcat
09-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Oops i wrote this in the wrong forum, Can a Moderator please help put it here:

Team Talk Forum Help- Forum Issues Only

dont worry, it will definitely get moved

lintwurm
09-02-2011, 08:30 AM
that "new posts" button is a winner

Age Fighter
09-21-2011, 10:50 PM

Yeah, but everybody who might not have been needing engine information, but who might have BEEN ABLE TO ADD INFO TO IT will now miss it because nothing will be casually browsed anymore - everything will be like a research project.

What about just logging on to talk boats----

CantRepeat
09-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Yeah, but everybody who might not have been needing engine information, but who might have BEEN ABLE TO ADD INFO TO IT will now miss it because nothing will be casually browsed anymore - everything will be like a research project.

What about just logging on to talk boats----

What?

You don't need engine information, but you can't add information about engines because you can't browse casually anymore?

What? :rolleyes:

Lets face it, if you were looking for information about engines and you didn't look in the engine forum you were missing a ton of important information.

NOW, if you want to find out about engines you know where to go!

Age Fighter
09-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Whatever - all I know is last spring I posted about a change I was going to try on my boat and I immediately had a lot of folks who really wanted to know how it came out. Several days ago I posted the follow up, and virtually no one has found it yet. It's buried in some category I never ever visited and it's an inappropriate category at that. It should have stayed in the General Discussion.

tommcat
09-22-2011, 08:47 AM
What?

You don't need engine information, but you can't add information about engines because you can't browse casually anymore?

What? :rolleyes:

Lets face it, if you were looking for information about engines and you didn't look in the engine forum you were missing a ton of important information.

NOW, if you want to find out about engines you know where to go!

what he meant is, let's say someone needed engine info and posted a question about it and it got moved to the engine specific forum. i may have an answer but since i'm not looking in the engine section i wont see his post and therefore will not answer it.
had the post been left in the general discussion forum i would have seen it and possibly helped someone out.

you could still have found it doing a search, you could still see it using your new post button and it wouldnt have hurt anyone leaving it where it was, but moving it may cause someone to not get the info they need.