PDA

View Full Version : 2005 X7- 350 MCX: Pause out of the hole

eurosysytem0
08-24-2011, 10:12 AM
I have a real problem with my X7 with 350 MCX out of the hole.
On trickling slowly forward and then hitting the throttle to pull the skier/wakeboarder off a jetty start there is a really pronounced pause before the engine accelerates.

In normal starting, running at all speeds the engine response is fine. Its just the initial responsiveness.

The boat has new plugs leads etc.

Any suggestions on what needs doing to get the response needed.

Prior to the X7 I had Prostar 190 (1987) 240 HP Poewerslot which was fantastic out of the hole.

willyt
08-24-2011, 11:16 AM
hm... thottle position sensor?

Jim@BAWS
08-24-2011, 12:39 PM
If you have perfect pass make sure it is disengaged...If you do make sure that the
manuel rewind wheel is tight on the system

eurosysytem0
08-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Jim,
perfect pass is definitely "selected to off". Do you have a drawing of where the manual rewind wheel is- or a description. This is the first time I have had perfect pass and dont really understand the mechanics.

Any help appreciated.
Also can you help me with the suggestion from willyt on the "throttle position sensor"?

eurosysytem0
08-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Can you tell me more about the throttle position sensor.
What is it?
Where is it?
Is it adjustable?
etc

All help appreciated
Regards

mark g
08-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Do you know if it's drive by wire, if it is it won't have the rewind wheel jim mentioned, does it have a throttle cable, I only ask as I have the same year 197 with the mcx and it is drive by wire.

bjames
08-24-2011, 05:37 PM
hm... thottle position sensor?

Just had mine replaced under warranty and my boat is only 33 hours old:confused:

willyt
08-24-2011, 05:39 PM
pretty sure i'd take it to a dealer if i suspected the TPS, wouldnt want to just throw parts at it.

eurosysytem0
08-30-2011, 03:54 AM
Good question and I dont know the answer!!!!! I just assumed it had a cable.

I will check next weekend.

Nice to see another Brit on the forum.

Ian

eurosysytem0
09-02-2011, 06:52 AM
Thanks to all.
I have checked the boat throttle (which I had assumed was mechanical) and it is infact drive by wire. I have a look around and there are many wiring looms on the drivers side running from front to back.
Can anyone give me info on
a. Location of the throttle position sensor?
b. Is it adjustable?
c. If yes how is it set up to ensure:
Right idle speed- seems OK at the moment. To ensure correct position to get "instant" response when hitting the throttle out-of- the-hole
d.Are ther any other adjustable components that can affect intial throttle reponse?

Apart from this intial response problem, the boat appears to be running like a dream (albeit very thirsty compared to my old 240 Prostar.

All help from users/experts appreciated. Any diagrams and or copies of workshop manual pictures/pages wou8ld be really appeciated.
Thanks again

eurosysytem0
09-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Any help out there?

mark g
09-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Sent pm,
Sorry can't be of more help

eurosysytem0
09-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Jim,
I have checked the boat throttle (which I had assumed was mechanical) and it is infact drive by wire. I have a look around and there are many wiring looms on the drivers side running from front to back.
Can you give me info on
a. Location of the throttle position sensor?
b. Is it adjustable?
c. If yes how is it set up to ensure:
Right idle speed- seems OK at the moment. To ensure correct position to get "instant" response when hitting the throttle out-of- the-hole
d.Are ther any other adjustable components that can affect intial throttle reponse?

Apart from this intial response problem, the boat appears to be running like a dream (albeit very thirsty compared to my old 240 Prostar.

All help appreciated. Any diagrams and or copies of workshop manual pictures/pages would be really appeciated.
Thanks again

eurosysytem0
09-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Hey guys,
Isn't their anyone out there who knows about Throttle Position Sensors?
Feeling quite lonely because of lack of response.