PDA

View Full Version : Help with instrument cluster problem

LanceD
08-21-2011, 08:42 PM
I own a 99 prostar 190 for last two years. Today in the middle of the day my wife had the instrument cluster stop working. All gauges not responding. The were working normally prior to this. Can any help with what I can check.

For what it's worth, it starts fine, the bilge pump is working, the blower is working.

Not sure if the following is counfounding issues, but since I bought the boat, the temp gauge has only worked about 10% of the time. It would work only very rarely, and randomly. Also, I missed blowing out the lines to the pitot tubes last fall and this destroyed the MDC-1600 board (i researched the problem and this is the only reason I know the name of this board). Thus, my two speedometers haven't been working all summer.

Any help on the dead instrument cluster would be appreciated.

Lance

RMUDBUGS
08-22-2011, 01:34 AM
The MCD-1600 is the control module that controls all the gauges. My is bad(water leaked in from the speedo and shorted it out) and none of my gauges work.

LanceD
08-24-2011, 05:41 PM
thanks for the reply.

I probably shorted my MCD-1600, but after the speedometer problems. Is the MCD-1600 a straight forward replacement? (it looks like it is). Do I need to do anything special when I replace it?

Thanks

Willski
09-06-2011, 11:35 AM
??? I have a similar issue now on my 07. My dash gauges all go dead, and I get a constant beeping sound. None of my switches work now either. If the beep isn't on, and I touch any switch, the beep starts again.

Either I have a bad module, or maybe a grounding issue?