PDA

View Full Version : to the new fathers on the board

milkmania
07-31-2005, 05:45 PM
for future reference:

when your kid begs you for coffee at 1:00 a.m. and you give in.........

DENY EVERYTHING!

wife was pissed when she wakes up at 4:00 to see a 7 year old on top of the dining room table cleaning a 72 piece crystal chandolier

dang, it was only 14 ounces of coffee....
in a 16 ounce cup:rant:
but hey, it's the cleanest it's ever been:purplaugh

MarkP
07-31-2005, 08:51 PM
A man has got to do ,

What a man has got to DO!!;)

jimmer2880
08-01-2005, 06:53 AM
so - if you give them 28 oz - will they wax the boat?

bradamerry
08-01-2005, 07:04 AM
so - if you give them 28 oz - will they wax the boat?
classic MC thinking there Jimmer!!! ;)

Leroy
08-01-2005, 08:09 AM
My boys certainly don't ask for coffee at 1:00 am :friday:

6ballsisall
08-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Thats funny Milk!! Right now I am the only one (well ok, only two, wife as well) sucking down the coffee. Sleep deprivation has set in :noface:

Mag_Red
08-01-2005, 09:18 PM
I was lucky.......Amanda slept all night from the time we brought her home. Still does :D

jimmer2880
08-02-2005, 05:45 AM
classic MC thinking there Jimmer!!! ;)

thank you - I try my best.

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 10:44 AM
This is what happens when they play to hard!! This is right now, lil' man is crashed. :)

JEREMY79
08-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Just crashed right there huh :purplaugh Thats pretty funny

east tx skier
08-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Brian, surely you had an empty bottle of Bourbon somewhere you could've slipped in his little hands for the photo op. ;)

I hope my kid is half as photogenic.

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Yeah man, I was sitting in their chair on the laptop and saw him lay down for a second. I typed something looked up and he was out!! :purplaugh

It's hard being a baby, ya know.

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 10:51 AM
OK, bad idea Doug!! I slipped a Cuervo bottle under him and now he is awake and pissed off! At least his big sister is now awake and playing with him. :purplaugh

tex
08-02-2005, 11:43 AM
The great thing about being a father. Mine squid just turned 5 and I still feel like a new dad!

6ballsisall
08-02-2005, 11:59 AM
OK, bad idea Doug!! I slipped a Cuervo bottle under him and now he is awake and pissed off! At least his big sister is now awake and playing with him. :purplaugh

I didn't know you had two kids Bri, how old is the older one?

east tx skier
08-02-2005, 12:29 PM

My bad. Maybe he just isn't the tequila man that Mark is. :friday:

jraben8
08-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Just wait until he crashes in the middle of his lunch...

MarkP
08-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Did someone say Tequila??:smile:

Leroy
08-02-2005, 03:46 PM
When are you going to get the little guy something to play with! ;) Cute pix!

This is what happens when they play to hard!! This is right now, lil' man is crashed. :)

Ric
08-02-2005, 04:14 PM
looks like he already polished off a jug of tropicana! no wonder he's passed out

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah man, that OJ is some hard hittin' stuff. ;)

BriEOD
08-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Kid just passed out right in his walker!! :D

bcampbe7
08-08-2005, 09:45 PM
:uglyhamme

Maristar210
08-08-2005, 10:18 PM

Looks like he's done drinkin; that fifth, can I have a hit?

Steve

6ballsisall
08-08-2005, 10:30 PM
I am sitting here on the couch hangin out with my little one. She is the coolest ever! It's amazing how each day the grow and look so different.

6ballsisall
08-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Oh, Hailey and I discussed it tonight. She is definetely left foot forward. I figure a few more weeks and we'll start dry land practice :uglyhamme

milkmania
08-08-2005, 10:52 PM
I am sitting here on the couch hangin out with my little one. She is the coolest ever! It's amazing how each day the grow and look so different.

My Hailey is 9 now.
I'm sure you've already come to the realization that you will fight to the death for you children. It's only just strting for you and I'm happy for you.

she was approx. 6 years old in this pic.
http://www.writeonrice.com/hailey.jpg

MarkP
08-08-2005, 10:55 PM
I am sitting here on the couch hangin out with my little one. She is the coolest ever! It's amazing how each day the grow and look so different.They sure are and sure do!
Just donít raise her on the kind of tequila Brian is using. At least go for the middle shelf. :cool:

MarkP
08-08-2005, 10:57 PM
My Hailey is 9 now.
I'm sure you've already come to the realization that you will fight to the death for you children. It's only just strting for you and I'm happy for you.

she was approx. 6 years old in this pic.
http://www.writeonrice.com/hailey.jpgGreat shot Milkman:wavey:

6ballsisall
08-08-2005, 10:58 PM
They sure are and sure do!
Just donít raise her on the kind of tequila Brian is using. At least go for the middle shelf. :cool:

Oh my little girl will get nothing but top shelf! She's already a daddies girl!

6ballsisall
08-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Great pic Milk! Can't wait to watch mine grow up like yours is!!

milkmania
08-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Great shot Milkman:wavey:

Thank You
I still get teary eyed when I dig that picture out.
I've got it printed & framed on my desk, but it's behind me so I don't just look at it, like when it's on the monitor.

milkmania
08-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Great pic Milk! Can't wait to watch mine grow up like yours is!!

I keep running that part of BadBoys2 through my mind where Martin Lawrence and Will Smith give that young kid grief about taking his daughter out.

I can't wait to intimidate young hooligans trying to date my daughter! and if I don't scare them, I'm going to sic big brother on them 6'5" 290 lbs.

parks_jr_55
08-08-2005, 11:54 PM
I keep running that part of BadBoys2 through my mind where Martin Lawrence and Will Smith give that young kid grief about taking his daughter out.

I can't wait to intimidate young hooligans trying to date my daughter! and if I don't scare them, I'm going to sic big brother on them 6'5" 290 lbs.

If shes not in by 10....chitty chitty bang bang.

I know you have a gun too (pitbull story)

milkmania
08-09-2005, 12:42 AM
If shes not in by 10....chitty chitty bang bang.

I know you have a gun too (pitbull story)

yes, and I like it:purplaugh

this is the 9mm XD Springfield Armory
mine is the .40 XD...
pretty close to the same frame

http://www.writeonrice.com/XD9202Large.jpg

BriEOD
08-09-2005, 07:54 AM

[/size]

Well you know "Uncle" Mark if you don't like it you are free to send some good stuff for the kid. You have the address...

BriEOD
08-09-2005, 07:56 AM
yes, and I like it:purplaugh

this is the 9mm XD Springfield Armory
mine is the .40 XD...
pretty close to the same frame

http://www.writeonrice.com/XD9202Large.jpg

I think the best 2 things for home defense are a 12 gauge pump action and a revolver. I have a 2" snub nose .357. If I'm not home and my wife needs to use it I don't have to worry about it jamming, etc. You just keep pulling the trigger....it'll go off.

mgurley
08-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Get a Glock it'll "go off" everytime!

Ric
08-09-2005, 10:02 AM
I've never handled the springfield, in the pic it looks like it's safety is much like a glock?

east tx skier
08-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Man, it always amazes me how modern pistols look like the toy pistols I had growing up.

/loves his vintage 1911A army Colt .45 even if he can't hit much with it these days. must be the barrel.

east tx skier
08-09-2005, 10:05 AM

I didn't know they made shot bars that small.

BrianM
08-09-2005, 10:57 AM

Get a Sig. Love the 'de-****' feature. Put a round in and de-****. First round is double action then keep pulling til empty. Never had mine jam... Ever.

Thats funny the board doesn't like **** but male chicken is ok 8p .

mgurley
08-09-2005, 12:13 PM
I've never handled the springfield, in the pic it looks like it's safety is much like a glock?

Yeah it does look like the dual trigger used on the glock but the pressure plate looking deal on the heel of the gun looks alot like the safety mechanism that Lorcin used to use.

I have had my glock for several years with absolutely no problems.

Only misfired once on the first shell out of a brand new box of remington shells. Heard the primer "pop" and nothing so I cycle the action and a empty hull is ejected. Checked the bore and sure enough the bullet is lodged in the barrel.

Sent the shells and gun to Glock who dealt with Remington for me. Turns out the shells had no powder.

You can not beat the service I got from Glock they were great.

milkmania
08-09-2005, 12:46 PM

unlike the glock, it's also got a grip safety...
just the grip safety and the trigger safety.

mgurley
08-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Here's how the Glock safeties work.

http://www.glock.com/_safe_action_.htm

dmac
08-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Just tell them you don't have a problem going "back to prison". That generally gets the attention.

X2M
08-09-2005, 05:40 PM
This thread cracks me up. How the heck did it go from advice for new fathers to high-end alcohol to firearms? Amazing. :D

When I went on my first date(double date really) my dad sat in his recliner with a beer and a shotgun propped up next to him and grilled the heck out of the guys. At the time I was not happy. But looking back it was pretty funny. They were itimidated. :D I can totally see my husband doing the same thing when it comes time for my girls to date.

BriEOD
08-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Milkman=THREAD JACKER!!!

Leroy
08-09-2005, 06:16 PM
On the dating thread....I already have my form ready. This has been around a long time in different forms!

6ballsisall
08-09-2005, 10:53 PM
On the dating thread....I already have my form ready. This has been around a long time in different forms!

rotflmao!!! :purplaugh :purplaugh

BriEOD
08-10-2005, 06:42 AM
I've seen that before and it's pretty funny. :purplaugh

Ron Grover
08-10-2005, 10:05 AM
All these young kids sure look like fun but then they GROW UP!!!!!!!!! They turn into teenagers.............and they drive!!!!

I have 3, my youngest in now 17............26 year old girl, 19 year old girl and the 17 year old boy.

All good kids but when they truned into teenagers there were times you feel abortion should be legal up to the age of 18. Many times have ask the wife what in thee world were you thinking getting pregnant. Guees the old saying is you have to pay to play.

BriEOD
08-10-2005, 10:45 AM
They are fun. Cody is crawling now. The carpet cleaners are coming today so I've spent the better part of the morning moving furniture and pre-cleaning and vacuming. He's followed me around the entire house and stayed right on my heels just jabbering away. He kills me! :love:

Yes than they become evil, selfish teenagers with black hair and pants hanging off their arses with chains. You want to meet someone that knows EVERYTHING, talk to a teenager. :D

Hey Ron I like your signature. :toast:

X2M
08-10-2005, 11:12 AM
BriEOD - Just wait till he can actually talk. My 8 year old daughter used to do the same thing. I called her my shadow. And to this day if she is away from me for more that 2 hours she has to follow me around to to tell me everything I missed. There are times when she gets a "talking time-out". I tell her that my ears and brain can not process all that info as quickly as she is giving it.

I can hardly wait till my 11 year old becomes a teenager. She is already evil and wants to show off her belly button & wear makeup. NOT!! The battle is on.

You know that Staples/Office Depot commercial about the back-to-school supplies. With parents that are so excited about the kids going back to school and the kids hating it? For the first time I am one of those parents. I can hardly wait till August 25th. I will be paroled!! :D

BriEOD
08-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Yeah I hear ya Nichi. My daughter started talking and now she won't shut up!! :purplaugh School started back for us yesterday. Nothing like playing chicken in the school parking lot with 40 mom's driving Suburbans. :D

milkmania
08-10-2005, 11:21 AM
I can hardly wait till August 25th. I will be paroled!! :D

mine go back tomorrow!!!
whoo hoo Happy Dance go me!!!

milkmania
08-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Yeah I hear ya Nichi. My daughter started talking and now she won't shut up!! :purplaugh School started back for us yesterday. Nothing like playing chicken in the school parking lot with 40 mom's driving Suburbans. :D

Suburbans???
only Escalades for the Redneck Nascar Fans round here:rant:

X2M
08-10-2005, 11:32 AM

It's just not fair. Why can't mine be back to school now? (Trying to imitate the girlies whine a bit, they must be rubbing off on me. :eek: )

When I had my kids minivans where the vehicle of choice for the stay at home mom. I wanted to be different so I got a Suburban then went to the YukonXL. Now I see them everywhere. I wonder if I do a 6 inch lift and some huge nobby (sp?) tires will set mine apart? Hmmm.

Milk - my husband drive a 2003 Monte Carlo SS. Nascar fans in NorCal too. :D

milkmania
08-10-2005, 11:42 AM
Milk - my husband drive a 2003 Monte Carlo SS. Nascar fans in NorCal too. :D

/me wants a 2003 Monte Carlo SS:steering:

have you seen the Mercury Marauder?
cool all blacked out sedan....kinda Men In Blackish:cool:

damn, I'm getting old
http://www.allautoreviews.com/auto_reviews/mercury/photos/marauder6.jpg

Buyers can choose from three engine-upgrade combinations: a Paxton-supercharged stock V-8, a naturally aspirated stroker V-8, or a stroked and blown V-8.

MotorTrend
http://motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0309_tun/