PDA

View Full Version : Over heating problem

Pappy12
08-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Took delivery of my 2011 X25 in mid May. From day one it has been overheating at idle, if run for more than about 6-7 minutes. Barley enough time to get out of the no wake zone at my marina! The boat is kept on a lift. After engine start there is water flowing through the sea strainer. My dealership has acknowledged that some MC boats have this issue, and that MC is working on the problem. It has been suggested that I run the engine up to 1500-2000 RPM after start. I have had limited success with this.

Is anyone else having these issues? It would be good to compare notes if so.

Thanks,

John
2011 X-25
Ilmor 5.7

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-20-2011, 12:15 PM
If it was me that boat would been sitting at dealer for repairs until it the overheating is resolved, you don't want to damage a new engine to overheating and then warranty declines the repairs because they said YOU overheated it and damaged it. my:twocents:

mikeg205
08-20-2011, 01:51 PM
I would be all over dealer and MC for that problem after spending that kind of cash...

gerbzguy
09-12-2011, 08:57 PM
John,

I have the same engine in my 2011 X45 and the same annoying issue!!! I called my dealer and they said they would look at it during my 10 hour service. I live 3 hours away from them so I have to make my trips count. Mine runs up to 230 degrees in about 5 minutes after starting. The engine temp light comes up on my BIG and then it switches to service engine after that. When we get out of the no wake zone, i have to putt around to get it back to low temps, then take it out of gear, and then it is fine. I took it to the 10 hour service and they checked it out and mentioned the strainer issue. It was wet when I picked it up so they had it in the water. They said it was good to go and that they couldn't get it to run hot. Within 5 min of being back in the water, it was hot again. Not impressed... One of my friends mentioned that it could be the temp sensor. The engine does not run any differently when it's hot and it does not get the hot oil smell either. Another thing that has me thinking it is a sensor is that the temp drops to about 120-140 once we get going. To me, this is not a realistic thing that could happen. How does my engine drop from 230 degrees to 120 within 30 seconds? I'm taking it back to them in a few weeks to have them fix my power tower and I'm going to make sure this problem is resolved when I pick it up. I am not happy with this situation after spending $94,000 and then being told it was fine... I will let you know what the verdict is!

X45fun
09-15-2011, 02:29 PM
I have a 2010 that I bought new this year(couldn't pass up the savings for the last 2010 at my dealer). The motor has never gone above 170 degrees (LY6 Indmar). I have a strainer too but not sure if it is the same type.