PDA

View Full Version : New Phoenix waterski meetup group

tlenard45
08-17-2011, 12:22 PM
The North Phoenix Die Hard Waterski Meetup Group

I started this group because I'm new to the area and I'm looking for other passionate slalom water skiers.
The purpose of this group is to meetup for early morning and some late evening slalom water skiing on Bartlett lake or Lake pleasant.
You should join this group if you are a passionate slalom waterskier who craves glass water.
If you have a waterskiing addiction... no problem... we can help with that.

http://www.meetup.com/The-North-Phoenix-Die-Hard-Water-Ski-Meetup-Group/

AZDave
08-17-2011, 12:35 PM
I have been skiing in AZ for 25 years. I currently ski at Firebird, the best game in town, but salt water. Are you guys looking to pursue a slalom course on a public lake? I would be interested in that. Free skiing is going to require a lot of patience, and getting up at 4 am in the summer. Roosevelt is the best lake, Pleasant the worst. (Very windy). Saguro best in-town lake, but jet skis and wakeboarders out in force. Weekdays at sunrise works about everywhere, just check the wind forecasts.

tlenard45
08-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the info dave, the group is now up to 18 skiers (11 guys 7 girls) with 3 boats and is working out very well. We have a meetup today. I live in cave creek, so Bartlett and Pleasant are the closest for me. We do have one group member who sets up a portable ski coarse on lake pleasant. (on calm days at sunrise)

I will look into Firebird, salt water? I know that the ASU ski team goes there.

If you know anybody that may be interested in joining, please send them our link.
http://www.meetup.com/The-North-Phoenix-Die-Hard-Water-Ski-Meetup-Group/

AZDave
08-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Yes Firebird is salt, and it destroyed my trailer in 5 years. It is about $2000 for a single membership. I am looking to quit, ski less. To quantify the cost, I feel like I need to ski a lot. Great group out there. I

mikeg205
08-19-2011, 04:18 PM