PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Watersports Complex

DemolitionMan
08-16-2011, 09:49 AM
The wife and I are going to the OWC next month. Does anyone have any recommendations?

http://orlandowatersports.com/

agarabaghi
08-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Recommendations as in?

It's a fun place, do you hit sliders and stuff? will you be doing boat sets?

DemolitionMan
08-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Recommendations as in?

It's a fun place, do you hit sliders and stuff? will you be doing boat sets?

I have never been before, I will be riding the cable park only and yes I want to hit the sliders. What are the best days to go on and time of day. We will be staying at the Hard Rock Hotel.

agarabaghi
08-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Not to sure where the hard rock hotel is, but the weekdays are always less crowded. On the weekends you get a lot of kids. You might want to check if the summer camps are still running, im not sure how that affects the schedule.

Hit me up if you want a boat pull.

DemolitionMan
08-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Not to sure where the hard rock hotel is, but the weekdays are always less crowded. On the weekends you get a lot of kids. You might want to check if the summer camps are still running, im not sure how that affects the schedule.

Hit me up if you want a boat pull.

We are staying at universal studios.

agarabaghi
08-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Ah, that makes more sense. I live about 20/30mins from there, so if the slider park isnt treating you right you can always make the trip over and ride behind a boat haha

DemolitionMan
08-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the invite. We are hitting the parks for 3 days and the owc for 1 day.

agarabaghi
08-16-2011, 10:05 AM
nice nice, if you go to disney you can ride behind the boats at the contemporary

DemolitionMan
08-16-2011, 10:07 AM
nice nice, if you go to disney you can ride behind the boats at the contemporary

I will be back there in December.:)

Jim@BAWS
08-16-2011, 11:19 AM

That will cost ya...great opportunity !!!

agarabaghi
08-16-2011, 11:33 AM
our buddy use to work there, so we rode for free. but its wasnt much fun riding behind a 197 with no weight

76S&S
08-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Thread jack, sorry

Thinking about going to OWC the week of Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if it is usually crowded that week?

Jerseydave
08-16-2011, 03:19 PM
My friends and I hit OWC the week before thanksgiving for the past 2 years....not very crowded at all. Not sure about thanksgiving week though.

For November bring a heater top, sometimes the air is a bit chilly...water in the 70's.
We usually bring our boards rather than use the rentals. 4 years ago I rented a board and the bindings were so worn out my feet came out of them just doing ollies. Maybe they are better now, but the boards are usually pretty beat up.

McCormicks is in Seffner a little over an hour away, more fun if you ride regular because it's a clockwise cable.

There's always "the projects" with their sesitec 2.0 cable.....we did that last year and it was fun. They have sliders too.

If you want good coaching, try Shaun Murrays place www.theboardingschool.com

agarabaghi
08-16-2011, 03:20 PM
The projects and the boardingschool are both at the same location so that makes less trips

Jerseydave
08-16-2011, 03:21 PM
agarabaghi, I'm going to look you up next time I'm down there :D

agarabaghi
08-16-2011, 03:25 PM
for sure man. we'll palma and steve edwards out there to show us how it's done.

76S&S
08-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the info guts.

End thread jack

DemolitionMan
08-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the info guts.

End thread jack

You are not thread jacking. Feel free to ask questions I am new to the cable parks and I am trying to find out more about them.

agarabaghi
08-16-2011, 03:37 PM
be prepared to be schooled by a bunch of littles 12 yr olds. But just remember most of them cant ride behind a boat ha

DemolitionMan
08-16-2011, 03:39 PM
be prepared to be schooled by a bunch of littles 12 yr olds. But just remember most of them cant ride behind a boat ha

I figured that. I don't ride goofy footed but the wife does.

Jerseydave
08-16-2011, 03:47 PM
OWC has lights.....it's really cool riding at night. Just check their schedule first to make sure they are open late when you are there.

http://www.perfski.com/ is who supplies the pro shop there but if you're looking to buy anything go to their store on Orange Blossom Trail for a better deal.

My other suggestion is if you have to rent, just rent a board and take your own bindings. Bindings are easier to pack in your bag, plus you won't have to deal with their worn out stuff. Bring your own helmet if you have one.

Boat sets/coaching is also available at OWC. I think you need to call ahead.

Mgboyd25
08-16-2011, 03:53 PM
My friends and I hit OWC the week before thanksgiving for the past 2 years....not very crowded at all. Not sure about thanksgiving week though.

For November bring a heater top, sometimes the air is a bit chilly...water in the 70's.
We usually bring our boards rather than use the rentals. 4 years ago I rented a board and the bindings were so worn out my feet came out of them just doing ollies. Maybe they are better now, but the boards are usually pretty beat up.

McCormicks is in Seffner a little over an hour away, more fun if you ride regular because it's a clockwise cable.

There's always "the projects" with their sesitec 2.0 cable.....we did that last year and it was fun. They have sliders too.

If you want good coaching, try Shaun Murrays place www.theboardingschool.com

Couldn't agree more,
Mike mcCormick has an awesome set up where you can ride cable or jump over to the boat lake and take a slalom set.
Shawn Murrays place would be a blast too as he is one of the nicest guys

If you make the trip from universal to Orlando try and check out the Usa waterski hall of fame and facility. I've always wanted to

DemolitionMan
09-22-2011, 03:07 PM
OWC pics, That place is fun.

76S&S
09-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Looks like you had a good time, hope we get to go in Nov.

???'s
1. Did you take your board?
2. Is it a cable board...ie does it have a grind base?
3. How much abuse did it put on the board?

DemolitionMan
09-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Looks like you had a good time, hope we get to go in Nov.

???'s
1. Did you take your board?
2. Is it a cable board...ie does it have a grind base?
3. How much abuse did it put on the board?

1. Yes
2. They have an intermediate side that goes 16 MPH with 4 jumps or kickers. Then they have the expert side that goes 20 MPH with all of the rails, jumps, kickers, and sliders.
3. Not much just a little rash.

I loved it, It is a work out compared to riding behind a boat. If you fall at the owc you have to swim back to shore and then walk back.

76S&S
09-22-2011, 05:05 PM
What kind of board do you have; is it made for cable parks or is it a normal "wake" board?

DemolitionMan
09-22-2011, 05:44 PM
What kind of board do you have; is it made for cable parks or is it a normal "wake" board?

http://www.evo.com/wakeboards/ronix-bill-wakeboard-frank-boots.aspx#image=39566.Size.LengthCM_142_Image.jpg