PDA

View Full Version : Help...Starting issues 2001 X30

Jbaba
08-15-2011, 02:32 PM
I am a new owner of a used 2001 x30 w/330LTR... My MC left me stranded after running for about an hour, no radio, no would not crank over, no starting..dead.. although battery was ok, bilge and lights worked. also when this happened, the intrument panel guages were stuck, i.e. oil pressure showed 40, temp 160, tach at 0, speedo at 20, volts at 13 and fuel full,(although i know there was about 1/2 tank). After checking all connections and sitting in the lake dead, was about to tow in and the boat started. I replaced the ignition/key switch which seemed to work fine when running it on the driveway using the engine flush for about 20 minutes shutting off and starting again. took it to the lake and once again after an hour of cruising, I shut off the engine to float and listen to tunes and no radio, no ignition, no start..."dead in the water" again... this time had to tow in...
Has this happened to anyone else? any ideas on the problem?

rem_pss308
08-16-2011, 04:34 PM
first thing is check your kill switch. sometimes the prongs get formed. you can reshape the plastic so it makes a good connection.

rem_pss308
08-16-2011, 04:42 PM
There is also a large connection plug under the dash. Mine is zip tied together. there are about 10 wires it is the connection from the dash to the rear of boat. that could have a bad connection.