PDA

View Full Version : kgb ballast for surfing?

shwapx15
08-12-2011, 12:39 PM
all im running now is the stock ballast but i will be picking up some sacs before next season. with stock ballast is it necessary to fill the kbg when surfing? ive got port ballast full with tons of people in the back corner. my boat also has surf tabs... should i be using kgb and surf tabs or just ballast or just tabs etc? thanks

kwilkinson
08-12-2011, 01:08 PM
I also have an X-15 stock setup. Yes fill the kgb along with the port side. Throw people in the back port side, I would also put a couple of people in the front on that same side as well. ~10 mph

I too am planning on getting the piggy back system before next summer. :-)

CantRepeat
08-12-2011, 02:24 PM
I think your 15 is like my 30 but just a couple of feet shorter. I'd start by putting as much weigh in the rear corner that you plan to surf on and then add weight to the side you surf on. I would not put weight in the front or use the KGB unless you need to clean the face of the wake up.

Rod Mastrud
08-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Yeah, fill the KGB and your port ballast, it will clean the wake up and make it more solid to puch the board. I try to add a sac on that side corner also, along with bodies. I'll put a couple in the front also if I have a boat full of people or at least in the observer seat to the back corner.