PDA

View Full Version : O'Neill--the law vest

oldairboater
08-12-2011, 12:07 AM
I ordered an O'Neill the law ski vest after dinging some ribs almost two week ago. I actually wear an XL shirt. I buy XXL shirts because loose shirts don't bother me and I don't like tight collars around my neck. I ordered this vest XXXL because I saw a review that said the O'Neills were sized small. This vest is cool looking except it is heavy and it is tight on the chest. It should help protect the ribs. I told my girlfriend when I step off of the platform and if I don't float----leave the boat in neutral. Ski and myself will be up floating shortly.

Hammer
08-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Noticed the same thing about mine, It's heavy. But it actually floats quite well. I've tested out the rib protection a few times and it seems to do pretty well. :)

TNH2oSkier
08-12-2011, 09:24 AM
I recieved a law for a gift last year, and thought it was the bulkiest vest I'd ever seen. I sent it in for the outlaw, and really like it. As for rib protection I've got a friend with an HO that looks like it might stop a bullet, not sure what it is, but its much thinner than the law, and is cga aproved.

silverblueBP
08-12-2011, 05:04 PM
I've been using the law for a couple years after the last rib break. It's saved me from a couple more! Agree that it is a little bulky, but it's better than not skiing for 2 months while I heal!

blakehardesty
08-16-2011, 11:02 AM
I have one and only wear it when the real "LAW" is on the lake. It is very bulky

Jerseydave
08-16-2011, 04:05 PM
My LAW vest works great when I'm trying to fly.........

It's pretty comfy for wakeboarding too

TxsRiverRat
08-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Nothing wrong with a USCG approved vest, as long as you don't mind looking like the Michelin Man wearing it... :D

tommcat
08-16-2011, 05:48 PM
i'd need to be completely wrapped in bubble wrap, and THEN wear a uscg approved vest if i actually wanted to float. i sink like a rock