PDA

View Full Version : Denver lakes

mcprostar197
07-29-2005, 09:07 PM
Which lakes do all of you Denver area boaters go to? I refuse to take the MC down to dirty a$$ Peeblo resevoir, and was wondering if there are any good lakes/resevoirs in Denver other than Chatfield. Can you find smooth enough water to have a good day of wakeboarding? How about for slaloming? Almost all of the lakes/resevoirs south of C. Spgs are out of the question.

6ballsisall
07-29-2005, 09:13 PM
My family has had a membership to Empire Reservoir since 1993, its a great lake. Located close to Wiggins, CO. Depending where you live in Denver it's probably about an hour or so for you. Memberships aren't that bad, I seem to remember $1100?

Ric
07-30-2005, 01:53 PM
Which lakes do all of you Denver area boaters go to? I refuse to take the MC down to dirty a$$ Peeblo resevoir, and was wondering if there are any good lakes/resevoirs in Denver other than Chatfield. Can you find smooth enough water to have a good day of wakeboarding? How about for slaloming? Almost all of the lakes/resevoirs south of C. Spgs are out of the question.
You and your middle sister can do some bad things out there at peeblo 197

CoFooter
08-15-2005, 03:17 PM
197, used to live in the Springs and had the same problem. Pueblo sucks unless you're just going to hang out or get up at 6AM. Even then you deal with the fisherman rollers. USed to go to Navajo for long weekends which is awesome, not too crowded or out east but most of those lakes are or have been low. Don't know about this year. Now, live north of Denver. Lot's of private lakes up here - haven't been on public water in two years.

DonMunro
02-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Can you give me some names of some private lakes north of Denver?

rlyons124
02-07-2007, 10:37 AM
I am looking to move to the denver area but I cant find any lake either. That would be great if someone could drop some names of some private lakes. Thanks.

Kyle's_prostar205
02-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Can you give me some names of some private lakes north of Denver?
I live in Parker and I looking to join Cottonwood Ski Club which is in Brighton. The lakes that I know of are: Cottonwood (Brighton), Laku (Windsor), Lake Mirage (Fruita) Kodiak (Carbondale), Upper and Lower Bergen (Morrison), Empire, Frei Gravel Pit @ I-76 and 88th Avenue, Hidden Lake, Aloha Lake. There are several up near Fort Collins and some near Greeley as well. PM if you want specific names of people to contact at those lakes.

skisix@38
02-07-2007, 11:50 AM
There are a lot more than Kyle listed. PM me and I can give you some names & # to call if you're interested.

Bottom line though is that there isn't much between Springs and Denver, there is a bunch North of Denver though.

Kyle's_prostar205
02-07-2007, 11:53 AM
sixsix I know there are a lot more but couldnt think of the rest. Thanks for responding to help these guys out! Where are you skiing at?