PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Beverage of choice (off the water)

Workin' 4 Toys
08-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Found myself into
Long Island Iced Tea's
(Without the tea.):D

What's yours?

BriEOD
08-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Ice water with a lemon.8p

2RLAKE
08-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Here is something to enjoy at the lake ... We call it TN summer beer

One can MinuteMaide Limeaide
One can (12 oz) vodka
Two beers

Mix and serve over ice ... Enjoy just be careful about it creeping up on you

chawk610
08-08-2011, 08:46 AM
That sounds really good actually...

We are Vodka Soda fans... but just a couple!

dietdewboy
08-08-2011, 09:07 AM

One can (12 oz) vodka
Two beers

We call that a "Skip and go naked" or "Skippie's" for short.

oxberger
08-08-2011, 12:25 PM

One can (12 oz) vodka
Two beers

I've never heard of this one. Sounds great! Definately gonna try it. Generally a vodka drinker who enjoys a beer every now and then.

TahoeKen
08-08-2011, 12:46 PM

One can (12 oz) vodka
Two beers

That sounds pretty tatsty. How do you mix? In a blender? I would think the beer would make it all foamy if you mixed in a blender.

deminimis
08-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Stella Artois or Full Sail Session
http://www.fullsailbrewing.com/client/session-landing-page3.png

wrobins1
08-08-2011, 02:15 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=532&pictureid=3396

Great Dark RUM!

jdl xstar
08-08-2011, 03:29 PM
vodka tonic. kettle one preferably.

Willski
08-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Still Tanqueray and Tonic!

ShamrockIV
08-08-2011, 03:34 PM
pepsi max!!!

or cold refreshing miller lite

GT500 MC
08-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Still Tanqueray and Tonic!

I think I could hang with willski--tanqueray/tonic/lime on the deck looking out on the lake...

Iskidaily
08-08-2011, 04:25 PM
water til the sun sets, then +1 on the T&TI think I could hang with willski--tanqueray/tonic/lime on the deck looking out on the lake...

TxsRiverRat
08-08-2011, 04:38 PM
i stick with simple stuff

beers:
leinenkugels
corona light

mixed:
gin n tonic
cuba libre

frozen:
margarita swirls

BWB-745-
08-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Usually beer, not far enough out of college to turn my nose up at Natty and Busch, still like them.

Football tailgating- Bourbon and coke or yellowhammers.

Summer time- Gin and Tonic or Vodka tonic.

Margaritas anytime!

MattsCraft
08-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Dave - I had this on Chris's dock during the poker run over the weekend and have to say it is fantastic. Thanks for the recipe!:D

Buy the way, we did win the poker run!

After leaving Sequoyah marina Saturday night we were just past Shanghi on our way back to Springs and we came about 30' or so from broadsiding a Pontoon boat running without any lights on. We were running at about 25, (probably too fast at night) and I thought I saw a reflection, had 2 boats further up from the Pontoon coming at me on my Port and Starboard, so I was watching them and someone in the bow said, "Is that a Boat dead ahead"? Sure enough, I grabbed the throttle straight to reverse, which at plane killed the engine. Screamed at them to turn their lights on and their response back was "We don't have any" What complete morons!!!:eek: Put my heart back into my chest and made it back to Springs. There is no dought if I would have hit them, my boat would have launched right onto the pontoon deck and probaly killed somebody! Still gives me shivers to think about it.

One can (12 oz) vodka
Two beers

CantRepeat
08-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Coors Lights

Sam Adams - lager

or

Mai Tai

Ingredients

12 oz Pineapple Juice
12 oz Island Guava Juice
6 oz Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
3 oz Meyer's Dark Rum

Preparation Pour it all into a pitcher and mix well. What else, pour over ice and enjoy! Make sure you walk the dog and do whatever chores you need to do before you start drinking, because you wont be going anywhere once you start!

BlackMV8
08-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Summer Shandy or Jack and Coke :)

Jerseydave
08-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Makers Mark & Coke

Mike's hard lemonade in the summer chillin with the wife.

Blue Moon or Corona w/lime when I'm in the beer mood.

Panda Cub
08-08-2011, 06:12 PM
HOP SKIP AND GO NAKED!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

We call that stuff TODD JUICE!!! One of my friends turns into Chris Farley as a super fan (Todd) when he drinks it!

deminimis
08-08-2011, 06:23 PM
We've got some hardjar-pounding lushes on this here forum. I must be at the right place.

captain planet
08-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Either my brown ale, my red ale, my XX clone, or my Belgian Wit.

I'll let you know how my Oktoberfest is rates in a couple weeks after it is done fermenting.

Fast50dad
08-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Coors Light, then once the boat is in the lift a couple loaded coronas. Pop the top off the corona, fill the neck with patron, put a lime in and you're go to go. They'll catch up to you. Receipe from Margaritaville, Las Vegas.

tex
08-08-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

shepherd
08-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Mai Tai

Ingredients

12 oz Pineapple Juice
12 oz Island Guava Juice
6 oz Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
3 oz Meyer's Dark Rum

Preparation Pour it all into a pitcher and mix well. What else, pour over ice and enjoy! Make sure you walk the dog and do whatever chores you need to do before you start drinking, because you wont be going anywhere once you start!

Sounds great!

There are hundreds of recipes for drinks called "Mai Tais." Of those, there are dozens that claim to be the "original Trader Vic's recipe." One feature of those is that there is no fruit juice at all, except for a squeeze of lime. Here's the one I use.

1 oz. Myers Rum
1 oz. 17 year old Barbancourt Rum
1/4 oz. almond liquor
1/2 oz. Cointreau
1/2 oz. simple syrup
juice from 1/2 lime
Shake and pour over ice.

I had a couple last night. Yeah, I'm a cocktail snob. :cool:

I like the sound of your recipe though. Might try it some time. :friday:

trickskier
08-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Budweiser before 5pm - Cutty & H2o after 5pm ---

1redTA
08-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Crown, Corona, Blue Moon and Ungrateful Bastard

CantRepeat
08-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Sounds great!

There are hundreds of recipes for drinks called "Mai Tais." Of those, there are dozens that claim to be the "original Trader Vic's recipe." One feature of those is that there is no fruit juice at all, except for a squeeze of lime. Here's the one I use.

1 oz. Myers Rum
1 oz. 17 year old Barbancourt Rum
1/4 oz. almond liquor
1/2 oz. Cointreau
1/2 oz. simple syrup
juice from 1/2 lime
Shake and pour over ice.

I had a couple last night. Yeah, I'm a cocktail snob. :cool:

I like the sound of your recipe though. Might try it some time. :friday:

Wow, that does look good. Any chance I can borrow some 17 year old Barbancourt Rum?

2RLAKE
08-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Dave - I had this on Chris's dock during the poker run over the weekend and have to say it is fantastic. Thanks for the recipe!:D

Buy the way, we did win the poker run!

After leaving Sequoyah marina Saturday night we were just past Shanghi on our way back to Springs and we came about 30' or so from broadsiding a Pontoon boat running without any lights on. We were running at about 25, (probably too fast at night) and I thought I saw a reflection, had 2 boats further up from the Pontoon coming at me on my Port and Starboard, so I was watching them and someone in the bow said, "Is that a Boat dead ahead"? Sure enough, I grabbed the throttle straight to reverse, which at plane killed the engine. Screamed at them to turn their lights on and their response back was "We don't have any" What complete morons!!!:eek: Put my heart back into my chest and made it back to Springs. There is no dought if I would have hit them, my boat would have launched right onto the pontoon deck and probaly killed somebody! Still gives me shivers to think about it.

Holy cow ... That's crazy ... Glad you got home safe ... Great to see ya again let us know when you are coming back down and we'll go get those ribs again... Chris and I took a few runs at 45 last night ... Great water at sunset

Might have to match a batch of Summer Beer this weekend!

curtish
08-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Mojito. Have to make them ourselves. No local bartenders can make a decent one.

76S&S
08-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Mixed up some blue lagoon margaritas over the weekend.

1/2 cup lemon/lime soda
1/2 cup tequila
1/2 cup blue curacao
1/3 cup frozen limeade concentrate
2 cups of ice

The recipe I found said to put it all in the blender and grind away. Since it was so d@mn hot, I just pourded the ingredients over the ice and it was pretty good.

shepherd
08-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Wow, that does look good. Any chance I can borrow some 17 year old Barbancourt Rum?

No you can't borrow some, but you can have some. :o

Come on over for happy hour!

shepherd
08-09-2011, 12:01 PM

True gentleman.

shepherd
08-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Mojito. Have to make them ourselves. No local bartenders can make a decent one.

Funny, we've never been able to make a good mojito at home but can get goods ones at the local bar. I know, the recipe is simple.

oxberger
08-09-2011, 12:53 PM
We've got some hardjar-pounding lushes on this here forum. I must be at the right place.

As my wife and I say "We're not alcoholics... we're alcohol abusers." I'm a lush from way back. I wish I could make half the stuff everybody has recipes for, but the liquor doesn't stay around long enough to make anything.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that great beverage made by true southerns... Moonshine!

charrison327
08-09-2011, 02:58 PM
"Woody and Wheat"

1/2 Blue Moon and 1/2 Wood Chuck Cider

funk
08-09-2011, 03:55 PM
50% sweet tea vodka
50% lemonade

I call it the Drunken Arnold Palmer.. DELISH.

Fast50dad
08-09-2011, 04:05 PM
50% sweet tea vodka
50% lemonade

I call it the Drunken Arnold Palmer.. DELISH.

Replace the lemonade with water and you have the Michael Phelps...aka weed and water.

curtish
08-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Funny, we've never been able to make a good mojito at home but can get goods ones at the local bar. I know, the recipe is simple.

The key is to give the limes and mint leaves a good muddling.

lanep82
08-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Miller Lite!

Yellow X9
08-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Bev of choice, here

ShamrockIV
08-10-2011, 03:28 PM

man i think u and a homeless guy that lives under bridge i walk by on my way to lp field are the only ones that drink this stuff! lol