PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump 05 MCX in tank fuel system

bmargol
08-07-2011, 09:31 PM
anyone know where I can purchase a fuel system/ pump for an 05 MCX in tank fuel pump and filter system?
Thanks
Bruce:)

André
08-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Do a search here on fuel pump replacement.
It's a D.I.Y. job and save a lot of $$$.

bigmac
08-07-2011, 09:43 PM
anyone know where I can purchase a fuel system/ pump for an 05 MCX in tank fuel pump and filter system?
Thanks
Bruce:)

Fuel pump problems are one of the single most-discussed subjects on this forum. If you're talking about the whole module, you have to get it from a MasterCraft dealer. Call Bay Area Water Sports or PM Jim@BAWS here on TT. That module is around $450.

If you're talking about only the pump itself, you have to check the threads here for the various pump replacement parts, and to familiarize yourself on how it's done. Pay particular attention to what you do with the tubing that connects the pump to the pressure regulator. Ordinary fuel line won't hack it...you need something suitable for gasoline submersion.

bmargol
08-07-2011, 09:49 PM
thanks I will check

CoreyWakeboard
08-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Unfortunately, its probably best to bite the bullet and purchase a new module. Although seemingly simple construction, there is maritime safety built into the device, ie specific types of clamps etc. The last thing you want is to have your boat blow up be cause you save a few hundered dollars.

bmargol
08-08-2011, 06:02 PM
I have looked @ the module and the fuel pump is inside it. There are no maritime or marine issues with a fuel pump immersed in a gas tank as it has the same responsibilities as an in tank fuel pump on a car. The design on this module is unnecessary and should be simplified. The problems are numerous with the tank and the module as you cannot fill the tank fully and cannot use all of the fuel in it. Car companies have design teams to engineer parts to last, boat companies who knows or it is bought off the shelf and maybe not a good application for the product or becomes a maintenance issue.I put Stabil marine with ethenol treatment every time I put in fuel so no moisture in my tank or other issues.