PDA

View Full Version : '02 X30 with engine alarm sounding

mengee
08-07-2011, 04:47 PM
On my '02 X30 with 330 HP engine, the engine alarm has started to sound, but no check engine light comes on (light works as it does flash when key is turned to "start" position). (I searched and saw some similar posts, but not one that seemed to help, so appreciate the feedback).

It happens after I have been running for a while, generally 20 mph or above. After it sounds, if I stop, turn off engine, and then back on, the alarm stops (but don't think this is a good long term solution). It got more frequent as the day went on. All the gauges read fine. There is enough oil and coolant in the boat. One other piece which is odd and could be connected is that when the alarm sounds, the stereo cuts off (though other electrical systems seem OK - such as Perfect Pass). It makes me wonder if perhaps there is a short somewhere, but not sure why it gets more frequent as the day goes on.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

oldairboater
08-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Sounds like a loose connection or floating ground. Good luck with that problem. They are easier for me to fix when they quit and don't reset.

mengee
08-07-2011, 06:28 PM
oldairboater -

Thanks, I will give that a look.

Jsboat
08-08-2011, 04:52 PM
I have the same problem, unsure what or where it is. Again with the 02 x-9 though.

G-Star
08-08-2011, 06:45 PM
I had this problem as well... Alarm but no light.

I took the advice of some on here and put a good charge on my battery, and it hasn't happened again since. Apparently the LTR engine has a pretty small alternator, and if you're running stereo gear, and ballast pumps, and other stuff, sometimes it can't quite keep up.

bcboy
08-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Sounds like a low voltage alarm and that is why your stereo is cutting out..charge your battery(s)
well and see if the problem goes away.
How old are your battery(s)...may be time fore new one(s)

76S&S
08-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Yep, low voltage alarm.

hoskis1
08-11-2011, 02:28 PM
With this problem... Has anyone ever installed a larger Alternator.. If so what brand would be recommended !!