PDA

View Full Version : Gel coat spider crack

imracin68j
08-07-2011, 02:13 AM
Can these be fixed or should I try to ignore it. I got one thats 12 inches long. Its on the top near the rear cup holder. I'd like to have it fixed. It's white.

robin
08-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Yes they can b fixed. White can be difficult to match, but a good fiberglass shop can. These gell coat cracks usually Occur because of stress in the glass; anchor points, etc. Make sure you check/ eliminate these stresses before repair.

gusolah
08-07-2011, 05:52 PM
I have the exact same boat as you...even the same color! We just installed a radio over the weekend and have a few questions for you if you have a sec. I recently noticed that when we have the key in and turned to the accessory position that i am hearing a clicking sound around every ten seconds or so. Does yours do this? Also our stereo sounds great but am a little fustrated that everytime we kill the engine the radio shuts off. We turn it back to the key back to the accessory position and it turns back on. Then when you start the boat it turns off for a second and then comes back on. Just curious if you did something different on wiring or do you have the same issue?

imracin68j
08-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Well I didn't hook the stereo through the key. I went direct to the battery. I would not go through the key. I had some of the popping you are talking about. Take the ground off and clean it. The one on your engine.