PDA

View Full Version : Wiring diagram '87 Pro Star

Dino Don
08-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Anyone have a wiring diagram for a '87 Pro Star?? Does such a thing even exist? :confused:

dpcsar
08-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Anyone have a wiring diagram for a '87 Pro Star?? Does such a thing even exist? :confused:

I have several generic ones. I am not sure how close to my '89 pro star it would be.

There are several posted in the form. The in this form helped me a little but was not completely correct. http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=565225#post565225

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-07-2011, 12:08 AM

What exactly are you looking for.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Just click indmar forms and you can search away, lot of information however mostly newer stuff

http://www.indmar.us/

Dino Don
08-07-2011, 08:43 PM
What exactly are you looking for.

Need to see the diagram of the wiring to the bilge pump--how it is wired back through the switch. Mine has the auto and manual switches. Got to replace pump some wires have apparently come lose. Also there is a orange wire from the ballast going somewhere and I need to know where and if I can totally disconnect it. Put elect. conversion on dist and would like to elimanate the ballast but that orange wire does something and goes somewhere?????

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-07-2011, 10:44 PM
As far as the orange wire on ballast you can remove it to simplify ei conversion, as for the bilge pump you'll have to do that the old fashion way with a meter and trace out the wires, mastercraft does not release diagrams.

Dino Don
08-07-2011, 10:58 PM
As far as the orange wire on ballast you can remove it to simplify ei conversion, as for the bilge pump you'll have to do that the old fashion way with a meter and trace out the wires, mastercraft does not release diagrams.

Do you know where that orange wire goes or feeds?

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
08-08-2011, 10:53 AM
From the starter solenoid for a bypass of the ballast resistor so you have full voltage/current while cranking

east tx skier
08-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Is it Indmar? If so, this is what Engine Nut posted several years ago. Not sure if it's different from PCM or not, but just in case.

woodrowskis
08-08-2011, 11:59 AM
I had an 1986 and it had a electrical schematic in the owners manual. That year was still PCM engine. I am not sure when the Indmar change happened. I no longer have the boat but if yours is PCM there is a pretty good schematic to be found.

But the bilge is easy. 3 wires at the pump. One hot wire goes to the auto switch, one the manual switch, and one to ground. Pretty is to look and see which is which. The distributor is a little more fun.

Dino Don
08-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Thanks guys but nothing in my manual on wiring and mine is an Indmar. The PCM info I have seen is different on wiring from what mine is. There are some items that are compatible but other stuff is not at all like mine.

I thought someone would for sure have a diagram-----

east tx skier
08-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys but nothing in my manual on wiring and mine is an Indmar. The PCM info I have seen is different on wiring from what mine is. There are some items that are compatible but other stuff is not at all like mine.

I thought someone would for sure have a diagram-----

Check the attachment in my post above. That is an Indmar diagram from Indmar.

Dino Don
08-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Check the attachment in my post above. That is an Indmar diagram from Indmar.

Thanks, I'll chase mine from that diagram and see how it checks out--