PDA

View Full Version : Family Plan Pricing

BriEOD
07-29-2005, 09:47 AM
G' Morning,

I'm am curious to hear what y'all have to say about the auto markets family plan pricing. My wife and I are looking to pick up a new vehicle but were leaning towards doing it more towards X-mas time frame. However, this family plan turns off Aug 1st. Now, I was at the Ford Dealer the other day to pick up my wife's vehicle from some service and I was nosing around the F-150's and saw the prices. I guess what I'm getting at is do you think I'll miss this "fantastic deal" by waiting or do you think this is more of hype looking to generate revenue. I've read a few articles but mainly they were more advertisements rather than critiques. Any thoughts on the subject would be most appreciated. Thanks.

OhioProstar
07-29-2005, 09:56 AM
I would think it is hype. Sales managers will have the ability to cut similar deals to move 2005 stock. We bought our '03 Z71 in July of that year and got the employee's discount for anything on their lot. It has been an option for them to close the deal for a while and I don't see them changing that. I sell to the largest companies in the world and every purchasing agent knows that once a discount is offered it will almost always be extended. That is why we sell on value not price; kind of like what the high end car companies do.

ski_king
07-29-2005, 09:56 AM
From everything I see, it is a great deal. Employee pricing, plus rebates.

Once this "sale" is over, you can get close to employee pricing most anytime using the X-Plan. This is the plan that is offered to Ford supplier employees. I think Mag bought his truck using the PIN number someone on this site gave him.

I bought my last car (Mazda Tribute) using this plan and it worked out great.
One way to get on this plan is to join the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) for $40. Only problem is they now have a rule that you must be a member for a year before you are elgible to use the plan.

You may be able to get a simular deal without the plan, but this plan cuts out the haggle.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-29-2005, 09:58 AM
G' Morning,

I'm am curious to hear what y'all have to say about the auto markets family plan pricing. My wife and I are looking to pick up a new vehicle but were leaning towards doing it more towards X-mas time frame. However, this family plan turns off Aug 1st. Now, I was at the Ford Dealer the other day to pick up my wife's vehicle from some service and I was nosing around the F-150's and saw the prices. I guess what I'm getting at is do you think I'll miss this "fantastic deal" by waiting or do you think this is more of hype looking to generate revenue. I've read a few articles but mainly they were more advertisements rather than critiques. Any thoughts on the subject would be most appreciated. Thanks.
My opinion:
They are trying to CLEAR the lots for the '06's. What 05's & '04s they don't sell will be discounted over the next few months. They are hurting for sales, regardless of what they tell us on TV. Sales are/were slow, what they try to do is get you to rush in so their 1/4 looks great therefore giving them a boosted number to work with, and make sales look better, therefore making their stock prices rise.
Its all a scam anyway, I just stopped in at a GMC lot other than where we just bought our Yukon and the employee price was a tad bit more than we paid a few months ago. So don't rush in the the gag deal.
What I would suggest, get the bottom line price now, and when you are ready, give them the number you get when you go back at the end of year. But make sure you are comparing A to A. Believe me, they aren't losing money.

JEREMY79
07-29-2005, 09:58 AM
This is my opinion, I dont figure it will change your mind anyway.

When you buy a new car dude, they start decreasing in value as soon as you drive over that curb leaving the parking lot. You would be much better off to buy a used 04 or 05 (from an individual) than you would be to buy an 06 from the dealer. It would actually save you money in the long run. And if 6 months from an 05 to an 06 is gonna kill the car then you need to continue shopping anyway.

What are the reasons you want new?

OhioProstar
07-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Since you are military I would think you would apply for GS pricing.

BriEOD
07-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the replies. I guess I just don't want to miss a good oppurtunity. I tend to believe it's a decent deal. With it being the end of the month and the end of the this program I would think it might be a decent time to consider buying. I just don't want to get 6 months downt the road and wish I had bought during this program.

djhuff
07-29-2005, 10:01 AM
Talked to a friend of mine who works at a Ford dealer. He said it is a good deal, but....

How are you at negotiating? I was talking about getting a new truck with my friend, he told me to come in and he would work it out. The thing is, you are getting the Employee price, but without the rebates that normally are running on these vehicles. I can gaurantee that the employees are not buying cars right now. When they buy, they get the employee price, and all rebates offered.

I am in the same timeframe as you Bri, and my friend told me to wait. Said it might cost me $500 extra to wait until Dec. and I can get an 06. This is on a F250 Powerstroke.

ski_king
07-29-2005, 10:02 AM
The deal will be there 6 months fromnow, and maybe a better truck.

BriEOD
07-29-2005, 10:05 AM
I'm not opposed to a used truck Jeremy. In fact I chatted with T Scott briefly about one he had on his website. My only thing would be if I'm going to spend the money I want something with a warranty.

OhioProstar
07-29-2005, 10:06 AM
From my experience with the employee pricing and rebates, you end up wiping out a chunk of depreciation and if you pay the taxes up front you will be in a better position to sell or trade if you intend to have a newer vehicle every few years. I just looked at a Z71 crew thinking that if I could reduce the payments I currently have and get a new truck with four doors it would be a no-brainer. The Crew listed for $36 and it was down to $25.8k. Fiscal responsibilty took over and I am staying with my current rig until Chevy redesigns the 1500. If you want it buy it!!!

BriEOD
07-29-2005, 10:10 AM
Yeah, tough call. My Toyota is paid for and has been for awhile. I'd love a new F-150 but not sure I want the payments. My wife really wants me to get a new vehicle. In fact I've never had a new vehicle before, ever. Everytime we get something new it's for the boss.

Some good discussion here. When I do go buy something can you all come with me and help me negotiate? I could just take the laptop and give you the play-by-play.

BTW, that F150 King Ranch is bad @$$. They had one in the lot at the dealer and I was drooling over that interior. Probably way more than I need but so nice.

JEREMY79
07-29-2005, 10:10 AM
Most people dont agreee with me here but it is true.

Buy a wreck. Pay someone trustworthy to fix it. Most rebuilds still have the warrenty.

Two weeks ago I did (and sold) a 2004 Chevy 2500 4x4. It had 10,000 miles power everything. It was a duramax. When the truck was finished and ready to go all that we had in it was $12,496.00. I sold the truck for 18,000 the first day I put a for sale sign in it.

BriEOD
07-29-2005, 10:14 AM
I wouldn't want to buy something like that Jeremy. I would think to much risk involved. What if something didn't get fixed correctly and developed more problems?

JEREMY79
07-29-2005, 10:17 AM
That is why you use someone you can trust. THere is risk in everything dude, You telling me there is no risk in expolsives?

Workin' 4 Toys
07-29-2005, 10:21 AM
BTW, that F150 King Ranch is bad @$$. They had one in the lot at the dealer and I was drooling over that interior. Probably way more than I need but so nice.[/QUOTE]

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
In case you needed some moral support.
I am not sure how some feel, but after buying over 40 vehicles in my life and getting the usual someone elses problems they didn't want any more, there is just something about getting a NEW one. Used, is just used, no matter how used it is and the spin the used dealers put on it. "predriven" "preowned" IT's USED!!
I could probably save my self a few bucks and buy everything used if I really wanted to, like a toothbrush, toilet paper, underwear, socks, shoes, it "could" add up. :eek:

6ballsisall
07-29-2005, 10:25 AM
Most people dont agreee with me here but it is true.

Buy a wreck. Pay someone trustworthy to fix it. Most rebuilds still have the warrenty.

Two weeks ago I did (and sold) a 2004 Chevy 2500 4x4. It had 10,000 miles power everything. It was a duramax. When the truck was finished and ready to go all that we had in it was $12,496.00. I sold the truck for 18,000 the first day I put a for sale sign in it.

uh, jeremy next time you get another one of those give me a ring, you wouldn't even need to put up a for sale sign

captkidd
07-29-2005, 10:30 AM
There's definitely advantages to buying a very slightly used vehicle. A lot of people buy a new vehicle and then within a few months decide that they either can't afford the payments or that they wish they had bought something else. Nothing wrong with their current vehicle, but they decide to sell it anyway. You can save a lot of money by searching for these vehicles (do you have Truck Trader magazines in SC?) and buying from an individual, and the large majority of the warranty is still there.

With all that said, it's hard to beat the feeling of buying a new vehicle. It's nice to know that no one else has ever owned it, no one has mistreated it, etc. If you plan to keep it forever, then the depreciation doesn't really matter. I agree with the suggestion to go in now, get their best employee/family/military/rebate price on the truck that you would buy if you were going to buy (and get it in writing), then go back when you're ready to buy and use this as your bargaining price. Even if the price goes up a few hundred $, that's a pretty small percentage of the total price, and you won't have been making payments for that period of time anyway. Good luck; it's a tough decision.

Workin' 4 Toys
uh, jeremy next time you get another one of those give me a ring, you wouldn't even need to put up a for sale sign
JR,
There are thousands of those deals in your state. Just look at the local paper. It would cost me dearly to pull that off here, so I don't bother. You have to have them inspected by the state after your done with a rebuild, and you have to have the title stamped with a rebuild title, so the buyers know they are buying what was a total.

bigmac
G' Morning,

"Fantastic Deals" come along all the time in the auto biz, but mostly they come along in late summer/early fall so that dealers can clear out inventory for the new model year.

So, yes...if you wait until Xmas, I'll bet you'll miss this particular "fantastic deal" and will have to wait until the next one comes along 9 months later.

Note that there are all kinds of other ways to save a lot of money on a car, such as internet bidding, or finding a previous model-year vehicle. December is a pretty good time to look for holdovers.

JEREMY79
07-29-2005, 10:31 AM

sure. I will probably start looking for one next week. give the boys something to do while I am in Cancun.

east tx skier
07-29-2005, 11:16 AM
There was something on the Today Show yesterday morning about how it might not be all it's cracked up to be. Since I don't tend to buy new, I look at the "family" prices and no I can get it for less. I bought my 3 year old exped for around $10k less than the family prices I estimate. Only maintenance so far, knock on wood, is a new battery.

Andyg
07-29-2005, 11:23 AM
My wife just got a new job so she had to give up her company car and buy a car for work. I did some research on the Ford Family pricing and I believe it is a good deal. We purchased a 2005 Explorer Limited last week using the program. MSRP for the vehicle was $44605 which I know no one ever pays. Invoice for that vehicle is $40,171 per Ford's website. There was a package discount of $1750 off of MSRP and then about $5775.45 for the Employee discount and then $4000 in rebates. Final price without taxes and license was $33079.55. So for a truck that has a $40,000 invoice I think we got a pretty good deal.

east tx skier
07-29-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm in shock. The 05 explorer has a $44K price tag? Wow!

Andyg
07-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Unfortunately most explorers are significantly less than this one was, but the wife wanted the limited. Her car is her office so she wanted something nice. This thing is ridiculously loaded, leather, DVD, rear climate controls, third row seat, V8, 4X4, Tow Package, reverse sensing, side airbags, chrome steps, chrome roof rack, power adjustable pedals, 2nd row bucket seats and the list goes on.

east tx skier
07-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Wow. Quite tricked out indeed. I be the 2nd row buckets make it a lot easier to get to the 3rd row.

I think my exped is the XLT Sport, which has the rear climate, third row, v8, adjustable pedals, tow package, power pedals, larger tires, etc., etc.

Do you have pictures of the DVD system. Is it integrated in the rear a/c control overhead panel somehow?

BriEOD
07-29-2005, 11:52 AM
A friend of mine has a F-150 King Ranch and he has 2 buckets in the rear rather than the bench seat. It's pretty sweet.

Andyg
07-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Official thread hijack.

The rear climate controls are actually in the front overhead console with the map lights and moon roof control. I guess that keeps the kids from fighting over the control. A lot of good that does us since we don't have any kids. Each passanger has their own vent in the second and third row that comes out of the ceiling, but all are controlled by the control in the overhead console in front.

Getting into the third row seat, which is a total waste I think in an Explorer is definetly easy with the bucket seats in the 2nd row. It flips up totally out of the way. We wouldn't have gotten this option, but all of the vehicles that we could find with the options she wanted came with the third row seat.

The DVD system is built into an over head console just behind the moon roof, no pictures yet. I maybe able to get some tonight if I have time. The DVD system has a single flip down screen that is right in the middle of the truck. Again another option I wouldn't have gotten if I had the choice.

RackAtak
07-29-2005, 12:00 PM
This is going the way of the Erk boat buying thread. I suggest you do your research on KBB.com, find a price you are willing to pay and do it. Don't worry about what they are not giving you. Remember, you will get the best deal on the current model year vehicle that is newest on their lot. Example...when a vehicle is on a dealer lot for 60 or 90 days the dealer has already made loan payments on that vehicle, the vehicle has taken up square footage on their lot, they have had to wash it multiple times, and they have put a lot of effort into trying to sell the vehicle. All these thing have a cost associated with them that the dealer has to recover so his profit margin on an "older" new vehicle is less. Believe ot or not, he is more willing to make a screaming deal on a vehicle that he just got into stock. Good luck. :steering:

6ballsisall
07-29-2005, 12:02 PM
A friend of mine has a F-150 King Ranch and he has 2 buckets in the rear rather than the bench seat. It's pretty sweet.

Hey Brian, those King Ranchs are bas arse!!! Everytime I see one it makes me want to do like Mag and "go wax the truck" :D (ok, tmi :D )

Go for it Brian, I think they are very good deals. I am little suprised I havent heard anything about a possible extension of those deals, they may or may not do it, hard to say. There are several employee plans but I think with a few hundred dollars or so you are getting the best deals available. If you arent dead set against a Dodge 1/2 ton I priced out a pimped out one that stickered for 39k'ish and you could pick one of those up for 27k as Dodge does also have rebates as well as employee pricing.

6ballsisall
07-29-2005, 12:08 PM
This is going the way of the Erk boat buying thread. I suggest you do your research on KBB.com, find a price you are willing to pay and do it. Don't worry about what they are not giving you. Remember, you will get the best deal on the current model year vehicle that is newest on their lot. Example...when a vehicle is on a dealer lot for 60 or 90 days the dealer has already made loan payments on that vehicle, the vehicle has taken up square footage on their lot, they have had to wash it multiple times, and they have put a lot of effort into trying to sell the vehicle. All these thing have a cost associated with them that the dealer has to recover so his profit margin on an "older" new vehicle is less. Believe ot or not, he is more willing to make a screaming deal on a vehicle that he just got into stock. Good luck. :steering:

rack, I respectfully beg to differ on that. You are probably right some dealers may look at it this way. I worked in the auto industry for years and my experience with alot of dealer thinking is just opposite. Flooring as you said is typical where no payments for 60-90 days depending on their dealer transactions etc.... but the dealers I have worked with became very interested to move cars with whatever deal it takes as they began making flooring payments etc..... the thinking I have been exposed to is that cars that are "fresh" have time to sell before they have to get excited about it.
Sorry not trying to stir up the pot Rack just sharing my experience in the biz. I think what you are sharing has as much validity as what I said, the bottom line is it boils down to the business mindset of the Sales Manager, GM, and owner (and in some cases the CFO) of the dealership.

RackAtak
07-29-2005, 12:17 PM
rack, I respectfully beg to differ on that. You are probably right some dealers may look at it this way. I worked in the auto industry for years and my experience with alot of dealer thinking is just opposite. Flooring as you said is typical where no payments for 60-90 days depending on their dealer transactions etc.... but the dealers I have worked with became very interested to move cars with whatever deal it takes as they began making flooring payments etc..... the thinking I have been exposed to is that cars that are "fresh" have time to sell before they have to get excited about it.
Sorry not trying to stir up the pot Rack just sharing my experience in the biz. I think what you are sharing has as much validity as what I said, the bottom line is it boils down to the business mindset of the Sales Manager, GM, and owner (and in some cases the CFO) of the dealership.
:toast: I think both of our perspectives are good for a buyer to keep in mind when negotiating a new car deal. It's about as clear as mud!

RackAtak
07-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Oh and let me say that in my experience, the "family/employee" plans are great deals and I would have no reservation about purchasing for the promotional price and if there are rebates so much the better.

OhioProstar
07-29-2005, 12:22 PM
FIFO(First In First Out)...makes only sense to me to move the inventory that has been around the longest with better deals than to move one that just came off the truck. This method makes even more sense when you have a product with changing build costs.

maristarman
07-29-2005, 12:35 PM
This is my opinion, I dont figure it will change your mind anyway.

You would be much better off to buy a used 04 or 05 (from an individual) than you would be to buy an 06 from the dealer. It would actually save you money in the long run. And if 6 months from an 05 to an 06 is gonna kill the car then you need to continue shopping anyway.

Not necessarily true. Last October when we bought our new 04 Suburban we paid less than what used 03 and 04 used Suburbans were going for.

With all the rebates and discounts we saved almost 15k off MSRP. Used 03 and 04s, which weren't eligible for any discount actually were going for more money.

So if you can wait a few more months, I think you'll see those big rebates showing up again.

east tx skier
07-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Official thread hijack.

The rear climate controls are actually in the front overhead console with the map lights and moon roof control. I guess that keeps the kids from fighting over the control. A lot of good that does us since we don't have any kids. Each passanger has their own vent in the second and third row that comes out of the ceiling, but all are controlled by the control in the overhead console in front.

To continue this threadjack. In the 01 Expedition, there are two sets of rear climate controls. One in the front, and one for the second row. The one in front basically overrides the rear (I suppose for the kids reason you mentioned). In other words, you have to engage the front one for the rear one to work.

Ric
07-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Bri .....

Granite_33
07-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Off the CNN website:

General Motors Corp. is set to end its popular and successful "employee discounts for everyone" promotion next week, and move to more emphasis on permanently lower sticker prices instead of big rebates.

Interesting about the "permanently lower sticker prices". It will be interesting to see how GM and the dealers handle this.

Like stated earlier..........$44K for a f*ckin Explorer?? So....sticker price is always negotiable anyways. Gimmicks. :mad:

A lower sticker price might mean less sticker shock.......but you still have to negotiate anyway.

maristarman
07-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Off the CNN website:

Interesting about the "permanently lower sticker prices". It will be interesting to see how GM and the dealers handle this.

Like stated earlier..........$44K for a f*ckin Explorer?? So....sticker price is always negotiable anyways. Gimmicks. :mad:

A lower sticker price might mean less sticker shock.......but you still have to negotiate anyway.

Thanks for the Edit

east tx skier
07-29-2005, 12:55 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's a lot of extra money for that new car smell. If warranties are what you're looking for, you can get those on 2 year old cars. Looking at some of these prices, I'm starting to think my $10K figure mentioned earlier was a bit too conservative an estimate on my part (and that's not off of MSRP, that's off of final price).

Granite_33
07-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the Edit

:D My bad.

Andyg
07-29-2005, 01:09 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's a lot of extra money for that new car smell. If warranties are what you're looking for, you can get those on 2 year old cars. Looking at some of these prices, I'm starting to think my $10K figure mentioned earlier was a bit too conservative an estimate on my part (and that's not off of MSRP, that's off of final price).

I agree, unfortuantely the wife can not have a car that is older than 3 model years or 120,000 miles. We are in a unique position since her company is giving her a monthly car allowance and mileage expenses. I believe we were better off getting the new car and driving it for 3 years than getting a used car and driving it for 2 years or less. Well see what happens in three years when she needs a new one.

east tx skier
07-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Whole different ballgame there, Andy. I should mention that in my case, we tend to keep cars until the wheels fall off.

Granite_33
07-29-2005, 01:35 PM
I agree, unfortuantely the wife can not have a car that is older than 3 model years or 120,000 miles. We are in a unique position since her company is giving her a monthly car allowance and mileage expenses. I believe we were better off getting the new car and driving it for 3 years than getting a used car and driving it for 2 years or less. Well see what happens in three years when she needs a new one.

If your wife is a road warrior.......she will pile the miles up rather quickly.

Just be sure at the end of 3 years you are not upside down with the value......this tends to happen. We acquired a company about 4 years ago that had the sales force on a reimbursement plan. Many of them had 2-3 year old cars with 70-80K miles on them.....and were upside down.....yet had to buy another car according to company rules. They were begging to get off the plan, and go to a company provided car.

My wife BK (before kids) had a 3 state territory. Bought a new Pathfinder. 0 miles. We traded it in 3 years later with 125K miles on it. :eek3: Oh boy were we upside down. :rant: Even though she was paying like $580 per month on it. (company reimbursed)

My only suggestion (If you don't buy a 1 year used car that has already taken the big depreciation hit) would be to get the auto with a very short term loan if possible. Pay the principle down quickly.....because it will depreciate quickly. :rant:

:twocents:

Workin' 4 Toys
07-29-2005, 01:52 PM
I find that (I won't say I personally do this) my friends or family that are about to trade in a ride, do there best at getting "the wheels to fall of just before the deal." I guess one last harrahh before it goes.
Not sure I agree with the mentality, but there are the folks out there that do it, and I ain't gonna buy that.
If someone were to do a few neutral drops in a car just before trading it in, there is a good chances it won't show for a few thousand miles until the transmission falls out of it. :eek:

Workin' 4 Toys
07-29-2005, 01:56 PM
If your wife is a road warrior.......she will pile the miles up rather quickly.

Just be sure at the end of 3 years you are not upside down with the value......this tends to happen. We acquired a company about 4 years ago that had the sales force on a reimbursement plan. Many of them had 2-3 year old cars with 70-80K miles on them.....and were upside down.....yet had to buy another car according to company rules. They were begging to get off the plan, and go to a company provided car.

My wife BK (before kids) had a 3 state territory. Bought a new Pathfinder. 0 miles. We traded it in 3 years later with 125K miles on it. :eek3: Oh boy were we upside down. :rant: Even though she was paying like $580 per month on it. (company reimbursed)

My only suggestion (If you don't buy a 1 year used car that has already taken the big depreciation hit) would be to get the auto with a very short term loan if possible. Pay the principle down quickly.....because it will depreciate quickly. :rant:

:twocents:

This is why they have leases available.

Granite_33
07-29-2005, 01:58 PM
This is why they have leases available.

No mileage limit leases..yes.

Thats what my company does. Pay a set amount, put all the miles you want to on the car, turn it in at about 50K miles. Walk away.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-29-2005, 02:04 PM
granite, your issue below is exactly the reason most compnaies won't just give cars anymore. They hand you what they think they would spend, and anything over that they lay on your lap.

Granite_33
07-29-2005, 02:38 PM
granite, your issue below is exactly the reason most compnaies won't just give cars anymore. They hand you what they think they would spend, and anything over that they lay on your lap.

Excellent point. Not the "right way" to do it IMO.
But the old saying...."no one ever washes a rented car" is true. Throw some ownership into it and suddenly everybody cares!!

BriEOD
07-29-2005, 03:10 PM
I cannot believe Tom Scott hasn't chimed in yet.

east tx skier
07-29-2005, 03:57 PM
I find that (I won't say I personally do this) my friends or family that are about to trade in a ride, do there best at getting "the wheels to fall of just before the deal." I guess one last harrahh before it goes.
Not sure I agree with the mentality, but there are the folks out there that do it, and I ain't gonna buy that.
If someone were to do a few neutral drops in a car just before trading it in, there is a good chances it won't show for a few thousand miles until the transmission falls out of it. :eek:

That's obviously the risk you take when you buy used. As the buyer of a used car, all I can do is have my mechanic look it over. Knock wood, I've put close to 20K miles on it since I bought it and have only had to replace the battery.

6ballsisall
07-31-2005, 11:14 AM
Well Brian do you have a new ride to show us pics of??? :popcorn:

BriEOD
07-31-2005, 11:38 AM
No, talked to Tom Scott though. The off duty commander is saying probably closer to Nov/Dec.

6ballsisall
07-31-2005, 11:44 AM
It's all good Bri. Saves your money that much longer!

I think you need to get something with some bling bling wheels on it. Spinners maybe?? :cool:

BriEOD
07-31-2005, 12:00 PM
Uhh...How about NO.

6ballsisall
07-31-2005, 12:02 PM
Uhh...How about NO.

What no sense of adventure??? C'mon Bri, some 22" dubs with some fly spinners????

Workin' 4 Toys
08-03-2005, 11:45 AM
In the paper yesterday, they wrote the '05 vs. '06 window sticker pricing GM is going to do. Instead of the rebates and employee deals, they are going to start a program where they want less inflation of the window sticker noone pays, unless you are buying a new GT40 but thats another story. GM says the '06 window stickers will be thousands less than the current '05 stickers on 30 models of the 76 models.
They actually had the window sticker pricing listed in the paper.

BriEOD
08-03-2005, 11:58 AM
In the paper yesterday, they wrote the '05 vs. '06 window sticker pricing GM is going to do. Instead of the rebates and employee deals, they are going to start a program where they want less inflation of the window sticker noone pays, unless you are buying a new GT40 but thats another story. GM says the '06 window stickers will be thousands less than the current '05 stickers on 30 models of the 76 models.
They actually had the window sticker pricing listed in the paper.

Steve, why would this matter if you were buying a GT40. A GT40 is a Ford, right? :purplaugh

Workin' 4 Toys
08-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Steve, why would this matter if you were buying a GT40. A GT40 is a Ford, right? :purplaugh
The one I saw here yesterday sold for 50K over sticker. And yes Ford. What other dealer would I be shopping at? I was only making a point that generally normal folks pay UNDER window sticker, but some pay over. :eek:

captkidd
08-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Don't know if it still applies, but before the GT40's actually came to market there was a big waiting list, including a lot celebrities. Seems like Ford chose who got one and who didn't, and if memory serves me correctly, Jay Leno got one and Tim Allen didn't (course it might have been the other way around). Anyone seen Alan Jackson driving a white GT40 in his latest video? It is definitely bad (which of course means good).

bcampbe7
08-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Don't know if it still applies, but before the GT40's actually came to market there was a big waiting list, including a lot celebrities. Seems like Ford chose who got one and who didn't, and if memory serves me correctly, Jay Leno got one and Tim Allen didn't (course it might have been the other way around). Anyone seen Alan Jackson driving a white GT40 in his latest video? It is definitely bad (which of course means good).

Saw the video... Cool song.
It also has Williamson County tags (in the video), which is very close to where I live. I wish I would see it out in person. That is a sweet car!

Workin' 4 Toys
08-03-2005, 04:49 PM
The dealer here is on their second one in the showroom. They had it set up head to head with the Porsche carrera GT. $700,000 worth in two cars. There was a guy there trying to work the deal for the SET!!! As I was told, Jerry Seinfeld got the #1 build carrera GT.
I wonder if he got the employee discount...