PDA

View Full Version : tower speaker help

B-rad
08-03-2011, 08:38 PM
I have four towers, the two outer are the Hlcd's. One of outer cans broke at the clamp and LUCKILY fell on my bimini and not overboard. I had the aluminum can fixed and put it back up all fixed right, no now the two inner speakers are not working. Ive checked the obvious but cant seem to figure it out. Any Ideas? thanks

Thrall
08-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Hard to tell without knowing how the speakers are wired up.
Are the middle speakers in series or parallel off of the one that fell and maybe came disconnected?

B-rad
08-03-2011, 10:04 PM
parallel of the one that fell. I had to completely disassemble the can I had welded the cone, the horn and the crossover were in good shape. THe simple answer was the wire from the outer cans to the inner cans but that doesnt seem to be it. thanks

bsloop
08-11-2011, 01:08 PM
There is nothing "obvious" when people work on electrical 8p

Something is not right with your answer of both inners being parallel with the existing HLCD.
A parallel all the way across would be 1ohm, not likely. If you have a 4 channel amp each is independent.

Suspect it is a 4 channel. Check and see what your voltage is to the three at both the amp and speaker. It will be very low (like .3v possibly) , you can use the one outter that is working for reference. If you have voltage from the amp connection and not at the dead speakers then....
One thought may be when the speaker fell, it pulled a connection or splice somewhere along the cables or if you have really thin wires, may have broken them internally? If the wire bundle was zip tied tight, the jerking from one could have pulled on the bundle.
There will almost always be a disconnect for tower removal so check connections and voltage there to narrow the problem.

What speakers and amp specifically are we dealing with? tower pic?