PDA

View Full Version : ESPN, Heber Springs AR Saturday.

bret
07-28-2005, 09:03 PM
ESPN - "50 States in 50 Days" will be in Heber Springs this Saturday to film the Annual Cardboard Boat Races. The sound truck is there, as is the ABC affiliate from Little Rock,AR KATV, to link satellite signals. We don't know who the ESPN reporter/anchor will be but the sound guy said Chris Berman wanted to come and play golf at the Red Apple Inn
www.redappleinn.com

We talked one of the camera guys who will be shooting "footage" today and told him we would be skiing early Saturday morning, as our course is just to the edge of Sandy Beach(where the Cardboard Boat Races are held), along the south shoreline; he said he would be there to shoot some footage but couldn't promise what would get used, if any. We said no problem, you shoot, we ski, we take you to breakfast and come back in time for the races- "Deal".

So, if you see a guy run 32 or 35 off on ESPN Saturday night during that segment, that will be our club president. If you see a guy bust his butt at 22 off, around #5, getting late, that will probably be me! :) Everyone have a great and safe weekend.

BriEOD
07-28-2005, 09:42 PM
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

Mag_Red
07-28-2005, 09:55 PM
:toast: Here's hoping they use some footage.

6ballsisall
07-28-2005, 10:55 PM
go get em BRET!!

bradamerry
07-29-2005, 07:40 AM
Farmer this sounds like a road trip.... :rolleyes:

bret
07-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Ok, just got the broadcast times and re-broadcast times. ESPN my go live during the 9 or 10 am CST broadcast or have some tape on the 10am edition, so check your local listings if you're in from an early ski. There will be tape at 6 and 10pm, and also at 12am. There is one entry coming in from Nevada, he should get the farthest traveled award.

bret
07-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Well, let's see if the footage gets on the air tonight.

They shot both Jackie and Larry skiing this morning, I was driving; besides, Larry's 32 off was almost perfect. We all got 50/50 hats from the production manager and the token license plate.