PDA

View Full Version : Northern WI, Resort Recommendation?

nauti-dreamer
08-02-2011, 11:38 AM
We are looking for a good venue to host a family get-away in Northern Wisconsin. Does anyone have a good recommendation for either a resort style property or a private home rental that is large enough for 10 adults? Also looking for the following: nice lake for boating/fishing, family friendly, well kept and modern facilities.

Looking for a minimum week rental.

MasterKraftS&S
08-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Sorry I can't help you BUT word to the wise. Be sure to ask about restrictions on the lake. Hauled our boat 7hrs up North and got the boat in just after Dinner. Water was glass after 1st slalom run someone yells from shore - NO WAKE after 6pm y'all might git a ticket. It's light till like 9:30 - talk about torture! The gentleman ADDS - that goes thru 10am TOO! I guess they hold true to their "Fisherman Rule". The WIND is on a timer up there and seems to blow steady from 10am - 6pm which doesn't bother the Fisherman a bit!
Well we had NO fishin' poles OR lic. so we pulled the boat and went to another lake.(proly has same rule but I haven't seen DNR there in 15 yrs) - GREAT WEEKEND tho!

duckguy
08-02-2011, 01:29 PM
This year?

thatsmrmastercraft
08-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Shady Rest Lodge on Hwy 8 near Tomahawk, WI is a nice place. It is on a small clear lake that does not have time restrictions on the lake. They offer lodging with or without meal plans. It isn't the fanciest place, but it's hard to find a more beautiful location. Caution: the water can be kind of cold as the lake has many springs.

If you call, talk to Brad and mention Peter from MN referred you. I will be there with the family for a week this month.

http://www.shadyrestlodge.com/

Kevin 89MC
08-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Long Lake near Birchwood & Rice Lake have several resorts. My wife's cousins have cabins in one bay, pretty big lake with no wave restrictions. Long & skinny in some areas so we can always find calm water somewhere. One resort is Lincolnwood http://www.lincolnwoodresort.com/bizweb.asp
Another one is Sunset Resort (can't find a website) and there are others I am drawing a blank on at the moment.
Good luck,
Kevin

Hanse1
08-02-2011, 02:27 PM
In Tomahawk there is Lakewood resort that is on Lake Nokomis. No restrictions on skiing time and 2400 acres. There is always a spot to ski. If you go let me know and I will show you our skiing hideaways.

Poulin
08-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Sorry I can't help you BUT word to the wise. Be sure to ask about restrictions on the lake. Hauled our boat 7hrs up North and got the boat in just after Dinner. Water was glass after 1st slalom run someone yells from shore - NO WAKE after 6pm y'all might git a ticket. It's light till like 9:30 - talk about torture! The gentleman ADDS - that goes thru 10am TOO! I guess they hold true to their "Fisherman Rule". The WIND is on a timer up there and seems to blow steady from 10am - 6pm which doesn't bother the Fisherman a bit!
Well we had NO fishin' poles OR lic. so we pulled the boat and went to another lake.(proly has same rule but I haven't seen DNR there in 15 yrs) - GREAT WEEKEND tho!

All's good if there is no fishing from 10am to 6pm.

thatsmrmastercraft
08-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Long Lake near Birchwood & Rice Lake have several resorts. My wife's cousins have cabins in one bay, pretty big lake with no wave restrictions. Long & skinny in some areas so we can always find calm water somewhere. One resort is Lincolnwood http://www.lincolnwoodresort.com/bizweb.asp
Another one is Sunset Resort (can't find a website) and there are others I am drawing a blank on at the moment.
Good luck,
Kevin

Lincolnwood is one of our snowmobile stops when riding out of Rice Lake. Fine bar and they serve some good burgers.

ssippiriverrat
08-02-2011, 04:13 PM
I would check out famous daves cabins on round lake near Hayward...round is the premier lake up there...sugar-sand bottom...and 30 ft visibility (had a friend that was a real estate agent up there). Haven't stayed in the cabins but they look nice.

ssippiriverrat
08-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Lincolnwood is one of our snowmobile stops when riding out of Rice Lake. Fine bar and they serve some good burgers.

If you go to long lake...check out the restaurant Props on the lake... Great place ...dam tasty food....was there like 3 weekends ago, our family cabin is 15 min from long lake

MasterKraftS&S
08-02-2011, 07:10 PM
All's good if there is no fishing from 10am to 6pm.

Oh, YAH Hey der! Der will be NO restrictions on da fishin'! Cry eye! dey can cast dem lines out FAR dey need ta git in the rite spot. ya no!?! Cry pete!:rant:

thatsmrmastercraft
08-03-2011, 12:02 AM
If you go to long lake...check out the restaurant Props on the lake... Great place ...dam tasty food....was there like 3 weekends ago, our family cabin is 15 min from long lake

I will have to check it out. Make sure to leave the cabin key under the door mat. :D

erkoehler
08-03-2011, 04:37 AM
We have a cabin in St. Germain, Wisconsin. Absolutely love it up there!

Look up a local chamber of commerce and you'll find plenty of great resorts.

dietdewboy
08-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Check out the Eagle River, Three Lakes area. Tons of great resorts and rentals. Just google it. Rumor has it the movie The Great Outdoors was based on that area, Belushi and Ackroid use to go up there regularly.

nauti-dreamer
08-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Anyone ever been on Camelot Lake near Nekoosa? East of Petenwell?