PDA

View Full Version : X14

jay_richa
08-01-2011, 02:15 PM
We have been trying to figure out how do get a decent wake behind our new X14. Any suggestions on where to put the weight. Our best results have been full port, full KGB and a 540 lbs sac with everyone sitting on that side. It still does not seem to be able to get enough push.

mramerman@gmail.com
08-01-2011, 02:40 PM
We have been trying to figure out how do get a decent wake behind our new X14. Any suggestions on where to put the weight. Our best results have been full port, full KGB and a 540 lbs sac with everyone sitting on that side. It still does not seem to be able to get enough push.

I assume your boat is a DD?

In my 14v we put a sack in the ski locker and another in the aft locker as well. This is the only way to get a full, ridable wake.

CantRepeat
08-01-2011, 03:31 PM
I assume your boat is a DD?

In my 14v we put a sack in the ski locker and another in the aft locker as well. This is the only way to get a full, ridable wake.

I was going to ask that as well. DDs are not the best hull for wake surfing. It can be done and in my 92 it needed a lot of weight. It ended up being more weight then the boat should have so I sold it. Rather abuse the DD I had it just made more sense to sell it and get VD. :D

jay_richa
08-02-2011, 12:02 PM
It's a DD. I will try adding the fat sac in the ski locker. We have had it right along the engine and it did not seem to work that well. Just got the boat, so not looking to trade up anytime soon. If it can surf, it might be one of the best all around boats I have owned.

mramerman@gmail.com
08-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Let us know how it goes. As I mentioned, I have a 14v that has the additional stern locker where I can get at least 500 additional pounds.

There are other threads that talk about swim deck interference with the wake. Some guys have created home made shorter platforms as a result. A bit more trouble than I want to go through to improve the wake.

I might add plug-and-play to the ballast system for easier filling.

trunderw
08-07-2011, 10:00 PM
What about putting the weight on the swim platform? I put two full coolers on it last time we wake surfed. Also 4 adults on the back, full kgb, full side tank...still couldn't surf it without the rope :(

jay_richa
08-16-2011, 03:21 PM
We finally got a pretty decent surf wake out of the boat. We filled up a 540 lbs sac in the locker and put everyone in the back of the boat. The key is weighting down the front of the boat, not the back. I still can't let go of the handle, but my wife can. I need just a little more wake.

MCVOLS
08-17-2011, 10:42 AM
you say a 540 lb sac IN the locker? Do you have a 214 or X-14? If X-14, is the 540sac in the walk-thru on top of the locker (where the hard tank is)? All factory tanks full?

Just trying to get a clear picture, as I want to try the same thing.

jay_richa
08-17-2011, 10:44 AM
The 540 is actually in the ski locker. All tanks are full with people in the back and front. You have to make the boat plow thru the water to get the curl.

ntidsl
08-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Actually if you take out all the weight and just have a driver and a passenger the wake should be really nice at 28 off, 34 mph...ensure you PP is set to the correct crew weight. Nice wake.

trunderw
08-19-2011, 05:28 PM
I guess the X14V and the X14 are different because I don't have a ski locker--it's got the kgb ballast. I have no other storage except behind the driver's seat and under the front seats/below the dash where I could put water...
where can I fit another 540lb sac?

mramerman@gmail.com
08-21-2011, 04:05 PM
I guess the X14V and the X14 are different because I don't have a ski locker--it's got the kgb ballast. I have no other storage except behind the driver's seat and under the front seats/below the dash where I could put water...
where can I fit another 540lb sac?

Sorry. I have an x14v and have a ski locker that runs the length of the boat on the Port side. I should have remembered the DD boats don't have this.

From my experience, I weight in three places on the side in which someone is going to surf. I ride Port side----the v has two lockers along the transom. I put one 540 in the port aft locker. The v also has a ski locker that runs the length of the boat on the Port side. I put another 540 there. I used to wedge a 540 between the engine and gunnel on my PS190---guessing you could do the same. From there I fill Port ballast and KGB.

This set up at 12 mph seems to surf well.

I hope this helps.