PDA

View Full Version : Replace X-14 tower wake rack w/ ski rack

rvharris
08-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Interested in replacing one side of the factory wake board clamps on my tower with a clamp that is suited for slalom skis. I hear they exist but haven't seen any for sale yet (just starting). Anyone have experience doing this?

93Prostar190
08-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Interested in replacing one side of the factory wake board clamps on my tower with a clamp that is suited for slalom skis. I hear they exist but haven't seen any for sale yet (just starting). Anyone have experience doing this?

If you sell the Wake rack .... call me / text me / I want one!

Slalom racks are out there .. they are extensions to your current hardware.

Lance
08-01-2011, 11:27 AM
I did this on my X-14 by ordering a kit from MC dealer (Rambo Marine). The kit is spendy and simply modifies the existing wake rack by putting a spacer between the exisiting clamp locations and the new clam location.

Process is:
1: remove existing clamps (leaving the swivel portion attached);
2. Mount spacer to existing clamp location using 3 hex bolts;
3: mount clamps to other end of spacer

Easy job and they work well.

There may be cheaper ways of doing this but I didn't want to lose the swivel capability (for getting into boathouse) and keeps the mastercraft feel of it all.

Lance

MCVOLS
08-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Here is a link to a set of extentions in the Market. Posted July 9, so not sure if they are still available. Not mine, nor affiliated, but I have one side with slalom on my x-14, and they work great.

http://www.mastercraft.com/market/showproduct.php?product=4137&cat=13

rvharris
08-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Thanks all! Have completed a bit of research, and keeping the 360 swivel feature is key as we are already tight in the dock with the "antlers" (as my kids call them) flipped in. If I can get one side replaced for ski storage and the wake rack it replaces is no longer needed, I'll follow back up.

Lance
08-01-2011, 08:53 PM
The link in mcvols post takes you to an eBay sale (ended) but the picture is or the type I used. They work well.

Antlers... Mind if I use that term? It fits.