PDA

View Full Version : X25 Surfing

ShawnB
08-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Post your X25 surfing setup. I'd like to see what everyone else's wave looks like.

Right now we've got more than enough weight plumbed in but we're trying to see what works best.

Port side:

Stock Tank
450 in locker
250 in front of locker
500 under long seat
250 under bow seat
Stock KGB

Now maybe it's just my pictures (or my Go-Pro's lens) but it looks so small compared to other people's wakes.

CantRepeat
08-01-2011, 11:05 AM
I'd suggest only filling the back surf side first. Get as much weight in that rear corner for size. Once you have it as big as it will go then start adding weight under the side seat for length. I would not put any ballast up front and then only enough to clean up the lip.

vision
08-01-2011, 01:42 PM
I'd suggest only filling the back surf side first. Get as much weight in that rear corner for size. Once you have it as big as it will go then start adding weight under the side seat for length. I would not put any ballast up front and then only enough to clean up the lip.

I second CantRepeat's suggestion. Definitely empty your KGB. Use your surf tab to clean the lip as well.

CantRepeat
08-01-2011, 02:10 PM
I second CantRepeat's suggestion. Definitely empty your KGB. Use your surf tab to clean the lip as well.

I use my trim tab for this and don't put any weight up front, but I don't have an X25. I've heard mix reports about what the trim tab does to other models.

What I have noticed from most peoples setups, which aren't set in stone, if the boat is an 06 or later it seems most of the models do better with no weight up front, other then the X2. If it is an 05 or older model they seem to need "some" weight up front.

There were some rather big changes from 05 to 06 on some models, but it seems the basics still hold true for most years.

Weight the rear side you surf on as much as possible.

Weight the side you surf on to get length.

Weight the front to clean the lip and gain "some" length, but no more then needed to clean the lip. Once you start to lose push from the wave you've added to much and some boats hate weight up front.

dlamont
08-05-2011, 04:27 PM
you want to get as much in the back corner as possible. Then put everyone on the surf side. If you have surf tabs, and you surf on the port side, put the right tab down 100% and your center down about 50%, depending on the weight. The X25 is a little different than most waves because the biggest part of the wave is further back than most boats. You can also go pretty fast with the X25, we just got it up to 15.5mph today!!
Our set up port side:
stock tank
400 lbs in rear corner
600 lbs in port side locker
230 lbs man in rear port side seat
200 lbs man driving on the port side

Good luck!

ShawnB
08-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the advice. We've moved the weight back and we're getting great results. I have decided I don't care if it's not as tall as others because it's damn fun to ride on. Here's a little video I put together from Saturday's three rides as well as a pic from the wave itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuRjTU1DN4o&hd=1

vision
08-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Looks great!

V-man
08-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Nice edit!

sand2snow22
08-07-2011, 11:26 PM
What do you mean officer? I can't sit here? There is a built in seat.......

Nice 360!

sugardaddy
08-07-2011, 11:55 PM
I have found that the more wt I put in my 25 the faster I need to go. Mostly been using people plus stock p
Ballast. I filled all seats recently without any ballast, set speed at 11 and had an epic wake!

CantRepeat
08-08-2011, 07:08 AM
I'm glad it's working out for you.

I feel the same way. I like a wave that has a long pocket rather then extremely rampy.

You do need to becareful sitting in those rear facing seats while the motor is running.

The thing about carbon monoxide posioning is you DON'T know it's happening to you. At the point you do start to feel the affects it can become deadly very fast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_monoxide_poisoning