PDA

View Full Version : Blue Sea Battery Switch Broke

mseller
07-29-2011, 10:54 PM
So I went to start the boat this afternoon and when I turned the key nothing happened. I went to the battery switch and turned the switch to both batteries. Boat cranked right up. Drove over to the boat ramp to take the boat out of the water. I turn the boat off to wait on the trailer then when I try to restart the boat I get nothing again. After checking every fuse and circuit breaker I begin to get stumped. I finally decide to check the wire connections on the back of the battery switch and I noticed the whole switch was loose. I began investigating more and found that the switch had broken. I found a spring, chipped piece of copper, and a white circular plastic piece. WHAT THE HELL?!? how and why would this break?? going to try and find a perko switch tomorrow morning :mad:

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
07-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Sometimes stuff just breaks.

mseller
07-29-2011, 11:09 PM
seems to be never ending....Bring Out Another Thousand...

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
07-29-2011, 11:15 PM
Yep, at least a perko is only $40 & not a grand.

RaggedEarl
06-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Same thing happened to us today. '12 X2.
Worked fine until we got 200yds from the boat ramp with the wives and three kids on board. Everything died.

chopp
06-02-2013, 08:20 PM
i had this exact same thing happen.2011 x2 . i think they have a fairly big warranty. contacted blue sea, they are sending a replacement out . haven't received it yet but i hope it turns up.