My favorites:
Jeff Gordon (currently no.1)
Kyle Busch
Jimmie Johnson
Gordon and Hendrich Motorsports rule!

MarkP
08-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Stevo

I donít know a lot about the nascar.. So, um, well, GO Jeff Gordon!

Uh, get a full pass Jeff:confused: ...

Knoxes
08-26-2004, 03:49 PM
ugh... I'm sorry. Can't stand it. And I bet I can throw a rock and hit half a dozen shops.

east tx skier
08-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Yeah, sorry. Not really my bag either. I'm more of a Cannonball Run kind of a guy. :cool:

bcampbe7
08-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Been to one race, about 6-7 years ago, in Darlington, SC. It was pretty fun for the first hour. After that I was ready to go home.

Stevo- Have you heard the Tim Wilson song on Bob & Tom about Jeff Gordon?

Ric
08-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Never been a fan but it looks like fun.
Stand on the couch with your shirt off on Sunday. Have a favorite driver and be able to scream booogy boogy boogy when they drop the flag!

Knoxes
08-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Been to one race, about 6-7 years ago, in Darlington, SC. It was pretty fun for the first hour. After that I was ready to go home.

That's not far from where I saw the body.

bradamerry
08-26-2004, 06:24 PM
I enjoy the races alot. We go to Talladega twice a year. I'm a Rusty Wallace fan, I know his old and getting slow, but he is my driver. I'm a Ford guy, so I pull for them after Rusty crashes, which happens alot these days :mad: !

bradamerry
08-26-2004, 06:26 PM
Oh, about the Jeff Gordon thing. NO COMMENT!

stevo137
08-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Doesn't matter what they say, look at the stats.
OBTW, that name inside the oval on the hood is also no. 1 :D

rem_p
08-26-2004, 11:37 PM
Ford man as well...i bet my first couple of years of college i was payin all of rusty's bills Brad. I figure rusty owes me and my buddies at least a couple of old tires and parts along with some tickets...Im a big Mark Martin fan...been one since i was 6 and he was driving the Valvoline car. I dont like dale jr, or jeff gordon and his crowd...and i damn sure dont like tony stewart. Talladega is only like 30 or 45 minute ride up the road from here. been going since i was a kid havent been since the last time i went when i spent the nite in Talladega couty jail :uglyhamme :toast: :friday:

by the way brad you gettin ready for the big game september 18? im goin on the road with my buddies here in a couple of weeks to an LSU game..their band is playin a frat party or somethin down that way... so if you see the RiverRun Band playing any where come looke me up...i'll buy you a cold...........

NatesGr8
08-27-2004, 12:07 AM
F1 is where it's at, turning left gets boring. That's right...I said it.

east tx skier
08-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Never been a fan but it looks like fun.
Stand on the couch with your shirt off on Sunday. Have a favorite driver and be able to scream booogy boogy boogy when they drop the flag!

Ric, that rules! :purplaugh

lakes Rick
08-27-2004, 01:46 PM
While I consider myself a car guy, Nascar is SSOOOOOO boring.. I call it the 200 mile traffic jamb....

Jeff Gordon BETTER be going fast.. He will NEVER make enough money to pay off his EX.... He should be the poster child for "why rich and famous people should NOT get married"......

Of course Brook is "single"... And rich.........

MarkP
08-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Ok,

Brook is now my new favorite.. GO Brook!! Get a full pass:headbang:

captkidd
08-27-2004, 02:22 PM
I've been a Bill Elliott fan since about 1984, the year before he really started winning a lot. My dad was a big David Pearson fan when we were growing up, and after Pearson retired it was pretty much anybody that drove a Ford. My loyalty switched to Dodges when I bought my truck, but Fords are my next favorite. Now that Bill has semi-retired I'm pulling for his replacement, Kasey Kahne.

Say what you will, I'll bet that most guys on this board would jump at the chance to get behind the wheel of one of those Richard Petty Driving Experience cars at a track like Charlotte, Atlanta, etc. That's my fantasy birthday gift; 150mph on a high-banked oval.

While I enjoy watching NASCAR races on Sunday afternoons, I usually wind up napping through about the middle half of the race. I appreciate the exoticness of the F1 cars, but how boring is it to watch one person win 12 out of 13 races, watch cars that you have no brand loyalty to (Ferrari, Lotus, Williams, etc.), and watch cars that can't even bump into each other without flying into a thousand million-dollar pieces?

ski_king
08-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Maybe we should all be fans of Robby Gordon, he drives a Mastercraft!

http://www.robbygordon.com/cgi-bin/Imagefolio31/imageFolio.cgi?direct=06_HAVING_FUN!!!/Mastercraft_X10&img=

bcampbe7
08-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Awesome!!!

bradamerry
08-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Rem P, I ready for the big game, just hoping my Tigers are ready. Not real sure about the new quarterback?? I need to come visit us in April at the race for some cold beer and fun! We are coming in October, but just driving in and out. We will be camping in April!

lakes Rick
08-27-2004, 09:49 PM
I've been a Bill Elliott fan since about 1984, the year before he really started winning a lot. My dad was a big David Pearson fan when we were growing up, and after Pearson retired it was pretty much anybody that drove a Ford. My loyalty switched to Dodges when I bought my truck, but Fords are my next favorite. Now that Bill has semi-retired I'm pulling for his replacement, Kasey Kahne.

Say what you will, I'll bet that most guys on this board would jump at the chance to get behind the wheel of one of those Richard Petty Driving Experience cars at a track like Charlotte, Atlanta, etc. That's my fantasy birthday gift; 150mph on a high-banked oval.

While I enjoy watching NASCAR races on Sunday afternoons, I usually wind up napping through about the middle half of the race. I appreciate the exoticness of the F1 cars, but how boring is it to watch one person win 12 out of 13 races, watch cars that you have no brand loyalty to (Ferrari, Lotus, Williams, etc.), and watch cars that can't even bump into each other without flying into a thousand million-dollar pieces?

I understand brand loyalty but the cars we buy and drive have NOTHING to do with the cars raced at Nascar.. It is more like F1 than the "good ole boys" days when they were all just booze runners..
Hey I would love to drive ANY racing vehicle out there.. Just don't understand the ford/chev/dodge mentality anymore....

Its all about MONEY...........

bradamerry
08-27-2004, 09:57 PM
No different than being a MC man. I even waited a year to buy the MC, until I found one with a Ford engine that was in good shape. I passed on several with chevy motors in them.

soacj
08-27-2004, 10:21 PM
NASCAR's not really my thing racing-wise either, but I did do the Petty Driving Experience about 4 years ago and it was cool. This was at the track at Disney (a legitimate track, IRL raced there for a number of years), not a super speedway unfortunately. In fact, at the time, they wouldn't let you attend an event at one of the big tracks prior to trying one of the "small" tracks.

Just sitting there idling w/ 600hp under your right foot is worth the price...

Jay :steering:

Leroy
08-28-2004, 10:59 AM
I enjoy all of the races, and I have one each here, IRL, Nascar, and F1. Went to Indy and it was a really great race this year. Missed the Brickyard and F1 unfortunately.

ski_king
08-28-2004, 11:19 AM
Leroy,

Looks like you had a great seat at Indy!

Leroy
08-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Yes, first turn penthouse, best seats in the whole track, you can pretty much see cars all the way around except for 3rd and 4th. We had pretty good seats, but after the rain, just walked up there!

captkidd
08-30-2004, 04:40 PM
I certainly agree that NASCAR has gotten to the point that "it's all about the money". They've turned their backs on the folks that made them what they are and are now doing whatever they can to chase a buck. I also agree that there is very little (nothing) about the cars they race that has anything to do with the cars on the street. I miss the old days when they took a car off the production line, welded the doors shut, welded in a roll cage, made a few other modifications and went racing. Heck, at one time they actually drove the cars to the track (o.k., that was before my time). Now it's just a bunch of pretty boys who couldn't change their own spark plugs, even if they knew what they were.

I haven't been to a race in several years, but I do watch most of them on TV. Guess when you grow up with it all around you it kind of gets in your blood. Besides, I only live about 2 miles from Richard Petty, and close enough to their Victory Junction Gang Camp that we can hear them through the woods. All of us in the surrounding neighborhoods got to tour the camp before it opened. It's a really neat place that has the unenviable task of making these kids' lives a little better.

Footin
08-30-2004, 04:50 PM
I just got back from Bristol, great race and I don't think we left any beer in the county.

bradamerry
09-07-2004, 03:28 PM
I can't believe my man Rusty is letting go after next year. I do like him calling it his LAST CALL TOUR. Fitting for the sponsor he has!

rem_p
09-07-2004, 10:58 PM
hey nows my chance to get to drive the miller lite dodge! woo hoo :dance:

bradamerry
09-08-2004, 09:07 AM
I just wish it was still the Miller Lite FORD!

stevo137
09-22-2004, 11:02 PM
What can I say, I'm a Hendrick fan.

captkidd
09-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Can NASCAR get any more inconsistent in their punishments? Robbie Gordon (MC owner that he is) tells his crew and all of the NASCAR officials who were listening that he was going to intentionally wreck someone, then goes ahead and does it, and they don't fine him, dock him any points, or put him on probation. They thought that Jimmy Spencer did the same thing the week before and they were going to park him for the rest of the race, until they decided that it was really an accident.

NASCAR needs a written policy defining what penalties will be assessed for each type of incident, and they need to be consistent in penalizing those who break those rules. If an incident occurs that isn't on their list and they penalize someone for it, then they should add it to the list so that the next time someone does the same thing they get the same penalty. As it is now, it's like the NFL penalizing a team 50 yards for being offsides, just because the other team is 3 points behind.

stevo137
09-24-2004, 05:57 PM
You have a good point Capt.
Here's one from the good old days. I got some decent shots from the pits at this race at MIS about 10-12 years ago. It was Petty's 20th aniversary if anyone knows the year, let me know. Richard had an injured foot from a crash and I remember watching him walk to his car on crutch's. A young Rusty W. and the late, great Dale E. were also in this race, I have a few more pics of them that I can post after I scan them.

SkySkiSpokane
09-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Robby Gordon drives and mastercraft and rides a Sky Ski!!! Take a look at the link!!:woohoo:
http://www.hydrofoil.org/

ski_king
09-24-2004, 08:03 PM
More Robby Gordon Sky Ski photos

www.robbygordon.com/cgi-bin/Imagefolio31/imageFolio.cgi?direct=06_HAVING_FUN!!!/SkySki (http://http://www.robbygordon.com/cgi-bin/Imagefolio31/imageFolio.cgi?direct=06_HAVING_FUN!!!/SkySki)

rem_p
09-30-2004, 03:25 PM
this is from and article i seen a few days ago in the birmingham news...
With this weekends race at Talladega, have any of you wondered just how fast these cars could go with out a restrictor plate? heres part of the article:

Published on June 11, 2004, Birmingham News (AL)

RUSTY HITS 228 WITHOUT THE PLATE

FAST 'DEGA RUN TESTS RADIO SYSTEM

NASCAR wanted to know the answer to a question race fans have been asking for years: How fast could an unrestricted Nextel Cup stock car go at Talladega Superspeedway?

The wondering is over. The answer is 228 mph.

Rusty Wallace, with the restrictor plate off his No. 2 Dodge, hit that speed powering down the backstretch on Wednesday afternoon. The average speed for his fast lap was 221 mph, well above the track record of 212.809 mph set by Bill Elliott 14 years ago before

Now i dont know about the rest of the fans out there, but i say if the cars can go that fast, let em run.....i think it would make for much better racing at Talladega & Daytona...but hey you know just my :twocents:

mgurley
09-30-2004, 04:05 PM
I agree it would be amazing to watch, however I think it would be way to risky for the drivers. If you asked Rusty if he wants them off now I would bet he would say hell no. Also I think the roof flaps become uneffective after 198 or so.

I want to see them go fast as much as anyone :headbang: but I don't want to see anyone get hurt either. Hopefully one day the safety technology will catch up with the racing technology and we can experience those speeds much more safely.

ski_king
09-30-2004, 04:18 PM
...... Hopefully one day the safety technology will catch up with the racing technology and we can experience those speeds much more safely.
Do you remember a couple of years ago when CART had to cancel their open wheel race at Texas Motor Speedway. The drivers were coming close to blacking out during pratice. The combination of the CART speeds and the track layout let them go wide open the whole way around the track. The G forces were to high.
http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.net/_disc/00000161.htm

mgurley
09-30-2004, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I sure do they were pulling like 5g's or something wern't they. I don't know if nascar drivers would experience similar symptoms at Talledega w/o restrictor plates. Only because the track is so much larger than Texas at 2.66 miles compared to Texas' 1.5. Possibly the turns not being as sharp could help this problem. But you definitely don't want guys out there geting verdigo going 230mph :steering: inches away from 30 other 3,000lbs stock cars or IRL cars for that matter.

Those speeds would be exiting though. :popcorn:

rem_p
10-01-2004, 12:42 AM
I agree it would be amazing to watch, however I think it would be way to risky for the drivers. If you asked Rusty if he wants them off now I would bet he would say hell no. Also I think the roof flaps become uneffective after 198 or so.

I want to see them go fast as much as anyone :headbang: but I don't want to see anyone get hurt either. Hopefully one day the safety technology will catch up with the racing technology and we can experience those speeds much more safely.

well all my life ive had a need for speed, got my first fourwheeler when i was 5 and ive been racin anything there is to race since then...My dream job is to be a Nascar racecar driver...now i know i havent been much over 100 mph only a few times in my life, but i think if i was racing and had the chance to go wide open thats what i'd want to do. seems like its one of those things that becomes a part of you, you either have it or you dont. sure saftey is a big issue, but its one of those things that you have to accept having a profession like this. would definately be exciting tho :toast:

mgurley
10-01-2004, 09:47 AM
Yeah, rem I have never driven but my dad has been driving stockcars :steering: for over 30 years now in southeastern circuts such the old All Pro cars and the Southern All Star series. So I too have a deep passion for racing. Nice to talk to others who share that passion.

stevo137
10-01-2004, 08:06 PM
This was a pit shot of Dale Sr. in the same race that I mentioned earlier in this thread.

bradamerry
10-01-2004, 08:53 PM
I have to miss the race this weekend :( ! Sick brother in law has me staying home.

Double D
10-01-2004, 10:57 PM
There is no doubt that Jeff Gordon Rules!!! There is only one reason to miss a race. And thats to SKI, Wakeboard, Barefoot, and Kneeboard behind a competition MasterCraft SKI Boat on a lake that looks like glass. Best place to see a race is Martinsville!!

stevo137
10-01-2004, 11:44 PM
DD, Gordon does rule! Thnx man! ;)

rem_p
10-02-2004, 01:53 AM
I have to miss the race this weekend :( ! Sick brother in law has me staying home.

that sucks brad, i was gonna have us a few cold millers to sip on while we sat around shootin the **** before the race...maybe we can do it at next april's race...sorry to hear bout the sick bro-n-law :toast:

bradamerry
10-02-2004, 07:52 AM
We will be camping at the April race next year.. So we can get together before and after the race and let the traffic die down :noface: .

rem_p
10-03-2004, 09:50 PM
nascar sucks....and so does DALE JR.....I doubt i waste my money again next year to go see him win again brad :mad:

on a positive note, we left out for the race this mornin a little after 7...by 8oclock we were all done with our biscuits and drinkin beer :D the race was over around 5 and i pulled in the driveway here at the house about 6 30.....traffic wasnt that bad cause all the people were in there watchin jr party...man i hate that **** :noface:

stevo137
10-03-2004, 10:52 PM
Editing option.

stevo137
03-03-2005, 10:54 AM
It's that time again!

GORDON RULES! :D

bradamerry
03-03-2005, 10:57 AM
It's that time again!

GORDON RULES! :D
Gordon :rant: :rant: :rant: Last year for my man Rusty. Hey he is 8th in points after two races!

jsonova99
03-03-2005, 11:23 AM
I will say this about NASCAR, TV doesn't do it justice. I never got into it, but we went to the Daytona 500 this year, and holy S*#T those cars are moving. Really puts it into perspective. Of course by the end I was screaming my head off for Dale Jr. I guess if your new to following a sport you might as well start cheering for the most popular.

stevo137
03-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Gordon :rant: :rant: :rant: Last year for my man Rusty. Hey he is 8th in points after two races!

Brad,
I still have great respect for Rusty.
Remember this pic?
Rusty in his prime.
It was a great day in the pits!
The security wasn't as high back then, they allowed me to get pretty close.
I still remember that day very well.

Leroy
03-03-2005, 11:48 AM
And of all of the sports, you don't hear about steroids, drug use and shootings with the Nascar guys. Nascar does a good job promoting the sport as family fun. Living in Indy, going to a 500 and going to the brickyard are incredibly different events at the same place. THe 500 was always a month long party with race daying finding many passed out along the street as you walk in and for the brickyard the fans came to see a race. Every year the track has done something to clean up their 500 image beginning with eliminating the snake pit in turn one about 10-15 years ago. Always liked Richard Petty as a kid, now it's Go Go Gordon!!! The boy from Pittsboro (near Indy) drives a smart race!

stevo137
03-03-2005, 11:55 AM
My man Leroy!
Same race, Petty walked to his car on crutches!
Injured foot from a crash and he raced anyway.
These guys were the Great ones.

bradamerry
03-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Great shots Stevo!! :headbang:

tex
03-22-2005, 02:43 PM
The wife hard at work in Vegas. Hopefully the pic comes out.

86PowerSlot190MC
03-22-2005, 08:58 PM
I enjoy all of the races, and I have one each here, IRL, Nascar, and F1. Went to Indy and it was a really great race this year. Missed the Brickyard and F1 unfortunately.

What the hell have they done to F1 this year...............One set of tires? Come on people!!!! All these regulation to slow the cars down, faster is better I say.

mbeach
03-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Going to Bristol next weekend for races. High school buddy of mine lives in Johnson City, TN, and has season tickets. Been for last 2 years, and really love it. Even with ear protection, my ears ring for days. Beer helps!!!!!!!!

Leroy
03-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Nice shot Tex, dare I ask hard at work at what (guess I can say that to you?) You two seem to have great jobs with the show skiing, travel, Vegas and now racing! I'm envious!

The wife hard at work in Vegas. Hopefully the pic comes out.

ljothen
03-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Gordan fan here too, been to one race in my life, went to Chicago the second year Nascar raced there, Kevin Harvick one. Got to meet Kevin before the race, that was cool. Sometime in my life it is a dream to watch Daytona in person!!

tex
03-23-2005, 10:17 AM
One for the Gordon fans!

Larryp
03-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Hey Tex,

Did you meet Labonte. He is the man.

tex
03-23-2005, 11:53 AM
Hey Tex,

Did you meet Labonte. He is the man.
I did not get to make the trip. The wife had pre-race lunch with him and the crew. She was standing on pit road with him when they did the national antham. She said he was really cool and laid back.

NatesGr8
03-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Nascar is for wimps, start watching F1, it'll change your life.

86PowerSlot190MC
03-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Nascar is for wimps, start watching F1, it'll change your life.

I'm not to sure now Bernie Ecclestone and his FIA budes have restricted the cars to one set of tires on race day!!!! :mad:

rem_p
03-23-2005, 06:18 PM
you might be a redneck if......well hell there aint no might about it....:toast:

rodltg2
03-23-2005, 06:55 PM
i have a feeling that tpttool loves nascar!

Mag_Red
03-23-2005, 10:02 PM
you might be a redneck if......well hell there aint no might about it....:toast:That's just disturbing.http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/ack2.gif

rem_p
03-24-2005, 12:12 AM
That's just disturbing.http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/ack2.gif

what you dont like the picture of my mom and dad? :uglyhamme

bradamerry
03-24-2005, 12:33 AM
That's just disturbing.http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/ack2.gif
We will see worse than that at Talladega next month :confused: !

rem_p
03-24-2005, 12:39 AM
yep and i cant wait.... :woohoo:

bradamerry
03-24-2005, 12:45 AM
yep and i cant wait.... :woohoo:
I will be having alittle cookout, just me and Brandy at the truck, before both races.. Join us for a beer!!!!

rem_p
03-24-2005, 12:48 AM
I will be having alittle cookout, just me and Brandy at the truck, before both races.. Join us for a beer!!!!

i will have to do that....im thinkin about getting my parents camper and heading up there and camping out for the weekend....definately gonna be drinking some beer tho :friday:

bradamerry
03-24-2005, 12:50 AM
i will have to do that....im thinkin about getting my parents camper and heading up there and camping out for the weekend....definately gonna be drinking some beer tho :friday:
Sounds great, as it gets closer, we will have to talk :D !!

rem_p
03-24-2005, 12:53 AM
yes, indeed :toast:

stevo137
03-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Hey, I have one of those car pics too! ;)

bradamerry
04-25-2005, 04:42 PM
rem_p, we are getting close to the big race :D .. Are you folks still going???

rem_p
04-25-2005, 04:53 PM
yea man im suppose to be...had some ladie i was wanting to take but my little brother wants to go so i guess im gonna be takin him...gonna be the good older brother....we'll probably head up there sunday...but go ahead and mark it down, in the fall im bring the camper, women and beer.....you gonna have to come back for that party too :friday:

bradamerry
04-25-2005, 04:56 PM
PM me for my cell digits!!!!

River Rat
04-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Jeff Foxworthy on you might be a redneck :D

If your 6 months old walking around barefooted in a flea market with a soggy diaper and a bottle full of Coke you might be a future NASCAR fan.

Donít shoot me Iím just repeating it!!!! :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

LakePirate
04-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Guys Have fun at 'Dega. Unfortunatly I will be missing the spring race this year. 1st time in 4 years. My lake house is about 40 minutes from the track. Give me a shout in the fall if you guys want to grab a pull. How do you like that 42 car of Jamie MacMary (McMurray)

rem_p
04-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Brad, you like the new avatar?

Lake Pirate, you on Lake Martin? its bout 45 minutes south of the track

bradamerry
04-26-2005, 09:20 AM
Guys Have fun at 'Dega. Unfortunatly I will be missing the spring race this year. 1st time in 4 years. My lake house is about 40 minutes from the track. Give me a shout in the fall if you guys want to grab a pull. How do you like that 42 car of Jamie MacMary (McMurray)
Lake House??? Where's the key??? Brandy will clean up after me!!!!! :headbang:

bradamerry
04-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Brad, you like the new avatar?

Lake Pirate, you on Lake Martin? its bout 45 minutes south of the track
Didn't know you liked Rusty!!!!! ;)

LakePirate
04-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Lake Wedowee, Sorry been training a new employee all day. One who will be able to do my job so I can go to the lake. The place is probably unlocked.

bradamerry
04-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Lake Wedowee, Sorry been training a new employee all day. One who will be able to do my job so I can go to the lake. The place is probably unlocked.
We need directions dude!!!! :rant: I may have to make Brandy stay home on this trip!!!!! :uglyhamme

LakePirate
04-26-2005, 05:50 PM
431 South from Anniston...Bring your own booze..The locals have bumper stickers that say "Stop Satan Keep Randolph County Dry" :cry: You can't drink...but the next county down you can fight chickens :confused:

bradamerry
04-26-2005, 05:52 PM
431 South from Anniston...Bring your own booze..The locals have bumper stickers that say "Stop Satan Keep Randolph County Dry" :cry: You can't drink...but the next county down you can fight chickens :confused:
Cool!!! Who's going to bring a boat??? :steering:

LakePirate
04-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Where are you guys sitting at Dega? You know they have the crazy little cooler rule there.

bradamerry
04-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Where are you guys sitting at Dega? You know they have the crazy little cooler rule there.
Start--Finish line for us!!! :D

LakePirate
04-26-2005, 06:05 PM
The Higher up the better

bradamerry
04-26-2005, 06:08 PM
The Higher up the better
About half way up..

LakePirate
04-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Park over by the airport at the turn 3 and 4 end of the racetrack and you can sneak in behind the haulers as they are leaving and get right out. They get the haulers on I-20 as fast as they can so if you are in the draft you get out too

bradamerry
04-26-2005, 06:17 PM
We sneak out on a county road north of the track..

LakePirate
04-26-2005, 06:36 PM
I have never made it to that side of the track
From what I understand there is some super sneaky way to get back to the Wedowee from the north side

bradamerry
04-26-2005, 06:38 PM
I have never made it to that side of the track
From what I understand there is some super sneaky way to get back to the Wedowee from the north side
Takes us about 30 minutes to get back on I-20.

LakePirate
04-26-2005, 06:39 PM
Go west young man

bradamerry
04-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Go west young man
And fast!!!!!! ;)

rem_p
04-26-2005, 08:21 PM

believe it or not i was in class last nite and we had a speaker come talk to us...and he talked about the dry/wet issue....he said only somethin like 11 counties in alabama are wet.....you can buy beer in certain dry counties because they have wet cities....good thing ole Tallapoosa County is wet :toast:

rem_p
04-26-2005, 08:31 PM

- Soft-sided coolers or insulated bags are allowed into the grandstands provided they fit the required size requirement:
6"X6"X12" or smaller. ONLY ONE SOFT-SIDED COOLER OR INSULATED BAG ALLOWED PER TICKET HOLDER

- Clear plastic bags are allowed into the grandstands provided they fit the required size requirement:
18"X18"X4" or smaller. ONLY ONE CLEAR PLASTIC BAG ALLOWED IN CLEAR PLASTIC BAGS

- Food & Beverages ARE allowed
- Items such as binoculars, radio scanners, cameras and seat cushions are still allowed in the grandstands. Talladega Superspeedway asks that fans utilize neck straps and belt clips to bring those items through the gates.
- All items brought through the gate areas are subject to inspection
- The track is not responsible for any items left at the gates

yea my cooler didnt pass inspection back in the fall at one entrance so i went on down to another one where it did pass....better bring can sasporillas....stuff as many in your pockets as you can cause that sun drains you and i guarantee you will drink them all :dance:

rem_p
04-26-2005, 08:40 PM
dont know where im sitting.....my aunt is giving me tickets and i dont even know where they are at, i'll probably be to drunk to even know a race is goin on :uglyhamme

mbeach
04-26-2005, 08:53 PM
have done bristol summer races last 3 years and will do this year also. did the march races also this year. hs buddy of mine lives in johnson city, tn, has season tickets, and has got me hooked. like being able to take beer and food into race. also like checking out the babes, especially at the summer race. only complaint is that 8 out of every 10 people seem to smoke and all seems to blow in my face. nutin that beer cannot cure, however.

rem_p
04-27-2005, 05:12 PM
just picked up my tickets.....Lincoln section...pretty good seats...right at the entrance of pit road.....good view of turn 4 and tri-oval.....not moss-thornton...but they were free so its cool :D

LakePirate
04-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Free tickets are the best tickets.

Bristol and Atlanta will let you take a 16' cooler in the race
you can get a case in one of those bad boys

You can pick up as many coolers as you want about 10 minutes after the race starts
I lost my bad boy cooler with all my stickers on it 3 or so years ago when they changed the policy

mbeach
04-27-2005, 07:02 PM

You can pick up as many coolers as you want about 10 minutes after the race starts
I lost my bad boy cooler with all my stickers on it 3 or so years ago when they changed the policy
don't know about hotlanta, but have to hoof it at bristol even riding bus (old yellow blue bird) to within 500-yds of track. problem is beer in cooler is heavy and there is a 30-deg grade that must be negotiated. must grab 2x granny gear with my rebocks and trade off cooler half way up to make it all the way up hill. bud darn, that beer at top sure tastes good. :friday:

erkoehler
04-27-2005, 07:50 PM
The sacrifices you make! :eek:

LakePirate
04-28-2005, 10:50 AM
After several failed attempts at creating some device to carry the cooler like a backpack and all the scanners and whatnot we bought a little all-terrain trailer and pull that. Got it for like 15 bucks at one of those deals where a company shows up in an abandoned big box store and they unload a couple of trailers and sell just about anything you could ever imagine. We have a bike chain on it and chain it to the fence,(the outside fence a 'Dega or they will cut it off and take it). Bristol is like Dad's trip to school, up hill both ways.

rem_p
04-29-2005, 01:10 AM
we've got a clear plastic....small sized backpack....i took it one time....fill it up with beer and ice and back pack it on in...... :woohoo:

erkoehler
04-29-2005, 04:27 AM
:D The backpacks that were designed so that kids couldn't hide anything in them without it being seen are now being used to carry BEER!!!

:uglyhamme

bradamerry
04-29-2005, 10:35 AM
rem_p, you going to the Busch race?

captkidd
04-29-2005, 05:25 PM

16' cooler! Man you could camp out in that thing. :D

rem_p
04-29-2005, 06:31 PM
nope i got a pre-wedding party to go to saturday nite....followed up with a date with a girl who told me she is "sexually deprived"....(she just dont know shes gonna be sexually frustrated sunday :D) but sunday im goin to the race man...i gotta ride with 2 jr fans and one jeff gordon fan :rant: i will holla at you when i get there....what time you plan on gettin there

rem_p
04-29-2005, 06:32 PM
:D The backpacks that were designed so that kids couldn't hide anything in them without it being seen are now being used to carry BEER!!!

:uglyhamme

yea good stuff huh :D

LakePirate
05-02-2005, 01:20 PM
So did you boys have a big time at 'Dega?

bradamerry
05-02-2005, 01:21 PM
So did you boys have a big time at 'Dega?
Yes I did, but me and rem_p just couldn't get together... Big place..

LakePirate
05-02-2005, 01:24 PM
No doubt, you almost have to go together or have a designated meeting place. Were you stuck in that storm friday and saturday?

bradamerry
05-02-2005, 01:30 PM
No doubt, you almost have to go together or have a designated meeting place. Were you stuck in that storm friday and saturday?
We were some of the folks in the rain waiting for the Busch race! :confused: !!!!

LakePirate
05-02-2005, 02:35 PM
I have that waiting in the rain for the race to start down to a fine art. I think that it rained every race weekend in Atlanta for like 10 years

rem_p
05-02-2005, 05:10 PM
yea big place....me and my buddy had 4 girls ride to the race with us....(yes 4!!!! 2 for each of us)....they were sitting down on the other end of the track from us, closer to where brad was....anyway we waited on them after the race and it took them 50 minutes to get to us.....but we still had a good time (even though Rusty and Mark and just about every other car wrecked) still had fun and drank beer.... in october we are gonna meet up before the race and party :headbang:

LakePirate
05-02-2005, 05:12 PM
I will be there in October, we will have to all meet up and have a cold one. :toast:

bradamerry
05-02-2005, 05:16 PM
I will be there in October, we will have to all meet up and have a cold one. :toast:
Not sure about October, but I may.

LakePirate
05-02-2005, 05:23 PM
I wanted to see what it was like to watch it on TV after I had been several times. It was a bust. You have to go and hear the crowd yell when the 8 car passes anybody.

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 03:35 PM
The man at Dega!!!

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Another pic from Dega..

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Last one..

stevo137
05-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Brad, nice shots but you forgot the one when no. 24 crossed the finish line first! :D

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Brad, nice shots but you forgot the one when no. 24 crossed the finish line first! :D
I was on the way to the truck, when that happened.... ;)

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Them be fightin words.

I have never been to a nascar event. From the sounds of it they are better in person than on TV. Maybe I'll make a trip out to the Chicago Motor Speedway.

rem_p
05-09-2005, 11:29 PM
The man at Dega!!!

hey that thing got a hemi? :uglyhamme

bradamerry
05-09-2005, 11:49 PM
hey that thing got a hemi? :uglyhamme
Glad this is the last year I will be pulling for a Dodge!!! :eek:

bradamerry
05-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Rem_p, did you see where Rusty flipped Tony Danza on a go-cart track?

LakePirate
05-10-2005, 11:34 AM

That was great.

rem_p
05-10-2005, 10:12 PM

nope, i sure havent...i bet that would be a trip.....brad please tell me your not gonna be pullin for chevy's next year

bradamerry
05-10-2005, 10:15 PM
nope, i sure havent...i bet that would be a trip.....brad please tell me your not gonna be pullin for chevy's next year
He!! no the Chevy thing. The Rusty go cart deal is on espn.com.

rem_p
05-10-2005, 10:55 PM
cool, im gonna check it out
:toast:

LakePirate
09-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Any of you clowns going to 'Dega this weekend?

bradamerry
09-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Any of you clowns going to 'Dega this weekend?
No sir....... :wavey:

shepherd
09-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Been to 'Dega once. It's a great big party, but probably (IMO) the worst track to actually WATCH a race. It's so big, you can barely see the cars on the back stretch.

I got a pair of tickets to Martinsville (VA) for October 23 race. Anybody want to buy them? Face value. You can even have our reservation at the Mountain Rose Inn -- about 1 hour drive from the track in the Blue Ridge Mountains ( http://www.mountainrose-inn.com/ , it helps to convince the wife to go...)

I'm starting to get into the IRL more every year. I'm getting tired of dealing with the traffic and expensive tickets for the Nextel Cup tickets. Went to the Richmond IRL race twice and the crowds were a lot smaller, tickets a lot cheaper, and it's easy to get a pre-race garage pass to meet the drivers/owners -- more relaxed atmosphere, and the racing is just as exciting. We usually go to the Truck race in Daytona during Speedweeks. Those are more exciting than the Cup races IMO. Also cheaper and less crowds.

We go to Daytona every year for the July Cup race. But are thinking about letting those hard-to-get tickets go eventually due to the prices ($140 each seat). I'm tired of getting ripped off -- $100+ tickets, $59 hotels who charge $250+/night with 3-night minimums during race weekends, parking lots (at Daytona) who want to charge $50 for parking, $5 for a lukewarm beer at the track... :rant: (stop rant)

Bradamerry, Rusty's in 2nd!

LakePirate
09-27-2005, 04:07 PM
If you get high enough at 'Dega you can see the whole track. There is nothing as intense as seeing those guys 3 wide for 500 miles.

I would agree that prices are getting out of control.

shepherd
09-27-2005, 05:08 PM
I could see pretty much the whole track, but the cars on the backstretch were so far away, they looked like little ants! At any rate, the best place to WATCH a race is on TV IMO, you see more, but still there is no substitute for being there in person and hearing the sounds, smelling the fuel and tire smoke, and partying with the people. Oh, and walking along the fence at Daytona when the pack goes by at 200 mph :eek: -- don't think you can do that at Talladega (?).

Looks like you're in the Atlanta area. Ever been to that track? I haven't but they have some awesome races there. We've been to Charlotte several times which is similar I think, but Atlanta is closer to home here and a bit faster.

LakePirate
09-27-2005, 05:24 PM
Atlanta is awesome. You can sit anywhere and see the whole track. Traffic is a mess but if you tailgate after the race for about an hour it clears some.

With the NBC/TNT coverage it is all Kasey Khane all the time, gets rather annoying. There is so much racing that you don't see when you watch it on TV.

At the Monster Mile last weekend, I only saw Bobby Labonte's car once as he was getting lapped and they didn't even mention him. Not that I am a huge Bobby Labonte fan but he is a former champion and that should get him some air time. And what about Klye Petty who had a great day for that race team and he only got mentioned in the final laps as a sub-plot to JJ running away with the race.

Sorry, rant done.

stevo137
10-30-2005, 02:15 PM
It was nice to see Gordon in the winners circle again. The new crew chief made a difference. JJ's not doing to bad either.
GO TEAM HENDRICK!

Cloaked
10-30-2005, 02:47 PM
It was nice to see Gordon in the winners circle again. The new crew chief made a difference. JJ's not doing to bad either.
GO TEAM HENDRICK!
I knew there was something good about you that I liked.... :D

stevo137
10-30-2005, 02:51 PM
I knew there was something good about you that I liked.... :D
I know, you need to dig deep with me my friend.
He has a shot in Atlanta today.

SkiDog
10-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Didn't gordon fall on the OTHER side of the fence? :uglyhamme

Cloaked
10-30-2005, 03:00 PM
Didn't gordon fall on the OTHER side of the fence? :uglyhammeLame.... you'll get it someday... ;)

stevo137
10-31-2005, 09:19 AM
Hey, 2nd in Atlanta aint bad...

pilot02
10-31-2005, 10:01 AM
Huh???? Did somebody say something???

Sorry, I still can't hear. Worked security literally on the fence (exit of turn 4 and entrance to pit row yesterday). 3 hours of literally being sandblasted every time the cars came around. Not sure I'll volunteer for that one again even though it was for a good cause.

ski_king
10-31-2005, 10:06 AM
I think MasterCraft should sponsor a car. :)

tex
10-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Anybody going to the FW race?

meggsy1221@aol.com
10-31-2005, 12:38 PM
stevo for my 50 th b day my wife and i went to california speedway in fontana watched the truck race at night busch race and the cup race on sunday got my my fill of nascar incredible experience,the whole weekend was amazing 93 thousand people in the stands plus another 30 thousand in the infield wild on the freeways leaving after the race on sunday

shepherd
10-31-2005, 06:53 PM
Huh???? Did somebody say something???

Sorry, I still can't hear. Worked security literally on the fence (exit of turn 4 and entrance to pit row yesterday). 3 hours of literally being sandblasted every time the cars came around. Not sure I'll volunteer for that one again even though it was for a good cause.

One of the joys of going to the race IMO is being able to walk along the fence and watch the cars come at you and go by at 180+ mph and feel the wind and rubber bits smack you in the face :steering: . But I guess being down there for the whole race might get kind of old.

Do they have a walkway around the track at Atlanta? Were you one of the guys who had to keep telling people to "keep moving!" ??? ;)

shepherd
01-13-2006, 12:05 AM
Well, one more month until Speedweek. The wife and I are going to slow down and not attend more than one or two races this year.

We got reserved seats at the July Nextel Cup race at Daytona every year, but we decided to go only every other year now. We went last year so would like to go to a different race this year. Anybody got some tickets to a different race they might want to trade? Our first choices for trade would be Atlanta (either race) or Daytona 500, but will also consider others.

The July Daytona race is held during 4th of July weekend each year. Our seats are front stretch (Keech Tower) and high up so you can see the whole track (we'd want comparable seats in trade). If you've never been to a night race at Daytona, it's awesome! And they have a great fireworks show after the race.

LakePirate
01-13-2006, 01:11 AM
Shep are you going to check your pm? If so I will ship you one about Atlanta and some race info.

shepherd
01-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Shep are you going to check your pm? If so I will ship you one about Atlanta and some race info.

Yeah, LP, I'm starting to check it more regularly now. But, I'm heading out of town later this morning so I probably won't see it until Monday night.

tex
01-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Anybody going to the Daytona or the Vegas race?

stevo137
01-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Wow! The season is almost here already!

RexDog1
01-13-2006, 11:37 AM
I do not know much about NASCAR
But Go Jeff Score a touchdown
:toast:

milkmania
01-13-2006, 11:49 AM
put your foot down and turn left!:steering:

http://www.volny.cz/nascar/images/mikelaughlin.jpg

Footin
01-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Can't beat the Bristol night race, I go every year.

Once you go to "thunder valley" no other track compairs.

ski_king
01-13-2006, 10:08 PM
I just found out today that I am going to have breakfast with Benny Parsons (http://sme.org/cgi-bin/get-event.pl?--001584-000007-019651--SME-) on the 24th.

twieder
01-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Just incase anyone cares..For Race Fans Only is on now on QVC

Footin
01-13-2006, 10:27 PM
I just found out today that I am going to have breakfast with Benny Parsons (http://sme.org/cgi-bin/get-event.pl?--001584-000007-019651--SME-) on the 24th.

Cool! I talked to him in the airport a few years ago, seemed like a very nice guy.

shepherd
01-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Can't beat the Bristol night race, I go every year.

Once you go to "thunder valley" no other track compairs.

Have you been to Daytona under the lights???

Footin
01-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Have you been to Daytona under the lights???

No, only two tracks I have been to for night races are Charlotte and Bristol. Daytona would be cool though.

flipper
01-16-2006, 10:30 PM
That is one thing that sucks about living in nor cal. The only track close is Sears Point, can't remember the new name. I am a huge Dale Jr. fan, and have never got to see him race in person. Can't see spending the money to watch him on one of his worst tracks.

twieder
01-16-2006, 10:34 PM
That is one thing that sucks about living in nor cal. The only track close is Sears Point, can't remember the new name. I am a huge Dale Jr. fan, and have never got to see him race in person. Can't see spending the money to watch him on one of his worst tracks.
Infineon D@#n Corperate sponsers!

flipper
01-16-2006, 10:55 PM
That's the one, can't get over Candle Stick either.

twieder
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
ofcourse ya got Lowes motor speedway too. Thats why I don't shop there! Thank goodness for Menards and Home Depot!

Leroy
01-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Very cool!

Leroy
01-16-2006, 11:12 PM
I think Jeff Gordon is going all the way this year! Hometown boy from Indianapolis (actually Pittsboro, but close enough)

24 all the way in '06

twieder
01-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Ya got the 6 part right, but it should be #6 in'06

ski_king
01-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Very cool!
He is going to be at the SME show right in your backyard.

stevo137
01-16-2006, 11:25 PM
I think Jeff Gordon is going all the way this year! Hometown boy from Indianapolis (actually Pittsboro, but close enough)

24 all the way in '06
Good chance of that Leroy! :headbang:

shepherd
01-16-2006, 11:33 PM
No, only two tracks I have been to for night races are Charlotte and Bristol. Daytona would be cool though.

We've done Charlotte a few times for the all-star race at night. Awesome facility. Last time, they had a rock concert on the infield during the afternoon before the races -- the Goo Goo Dolls. We're not big fans of theirs, but it was just cool to go to the concert and they did rock. :guitar:

Haven't been to Bristol yet but I have a few friends who have. I hear its great (and it looks like it on TV).

Leroy
01-17-2006, 12:02 AM
I see now! Unfortunately I'll be in France next week.

This should be a good year to go to the Brickyard!

He is going to be at the SME show right in your backyard.

Leroy
01-17-2006, 12:11 AM
I'm not feeling good about Indy 500 this year based on number of teams so far. Questionable if they can field full field of 33.

Leroy
01-17-2006, 12:12 AM
And one last jack....

If anyone shows up for Formula one I'll be surprised! JK, you know the foreigners will come!

tex
01-31-2006, 10:12 PM
i hope this works.

screw it, i suck at doing pics.

milkmania
01-31-2006, 10:59 PM
i hope this works.

screw it, i suck at doing pics.

I looked at it's properties, it's in Bitmap format..... typically bitmaps are large images......open your image in paint or similar and save it as a jpg, then try to upload it

tex
02-01-2006, 12:52 AM
Is this better?

Workin' 4 Toys
02-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Is this better?
Much, you are a pro now....

tex
02-01-2006, 01:00 AM
i used to have no problems. check out the famous people pic.

shepherd
02-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Does that car have "Terry Labonte" signed over the door? Is that a Cup car?

ski_king
02-01-2006, 12:03 PM
I got to go to a breakfast last week that had Benny parsons as a speaker. I got so intreaged by his talk, I forgot to take a picture of him until the last minute when he was finishing his talk. My camera was put away, but I managed to take this "picture" of him with my cell phone as he walked off the stage. As you can see, my phone has a delay and he managed to cover his face as he walked away.... just my luck.
I did manage to shake his hand a little later.

LakePirate
02-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Does that car have "Terry Labonte" signed over the door? Is that a Cup car?

That is the 96 car. The entry from Hall of Fame Racing with Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach. It is going to be driven by Terry Labonte for the 1st 5 races so they are guaranteed a spot in the field due to the past champions provisional. After that the owners points sets the field and Tony Raines will be the driver.

tex
02-01-2006, 01:13 PM
I could not have said it better, by the way-that was Eric Stratton-Rush Chairman, and he was damn glad to meet you!

shepherd
02-01-2006, 04:46 PM
That is the 96 car. The entry from Hall of Fame Racing with Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach.

Well, I guess I'll have to be rooting for Gibbs Racing to beat that "Cowboys" car! :mad:

Less than 2 weeks to the Bud Shootout! Any of you guys going? I checked and there are still some good seats left, and Staind will be having a concert for the fans at the track that day.

Thinking about it... :rolleyes: Only $80 per seat and you get a free Staind CD with it! And an ARCA race to boot. I went to one a few years ago at Daytona. Those ARCA cars are almost as fast as the Cup cars.

tex
02-01-2006, 05:12 PM
i beleive joe gibbs is putting engines in the COWBOYS car.

LakePirate
02-01-2006, 05:20 PM

I hadn't put 2 and 2 together until now...

...As part of our relationship with Joe Gibbs Racing, we were able to use their expertise in selecting our drivers. Terryís (Labonte) and Tonyís (Raines) names were at the top of the list, and itís a privilege to have both of them in our race cars representing DLP HDTV and Hall of Fame Racing.Ē

shepherd
02-01-2006, 06:39 PM

Doh! What can I say?

Bobby
02-01-2006, 07:25 PM
How do you spell Nascar?

B-O-R-I-N-G

I kid, I kid. and I got nuthin'.

oldschool84
02-01-2006, 10:00 PM
TOYOTA AND NASCAR Just Feels wrong, Like all I was taught in life was for NOT. I don't get it well I do get it, SHOW NASCAR THE MONEY :twocents: what a bunch of BS. :mad:
ANY WAY THINK GORDON HAS A GOOD SHOT THIS YEAR. #24 :headbang:

stevo137
02-01-2006, 10:03 PM
TOYOTA AND NASCAR Just Feels wrong, Like all I was taught in life was for NOT. I don't get it well I do get it, SHOW NASCAR THE MONEY :twocents: what a bunch of BS. :mad:
ANY WAY THINK GORDON HAS A GOOD SHOT THIS YEAR. #24 :headbang:

YOU BETCHA! ;)

shepherd
02-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Well, hopefully he won't land like this!

shepherd
02-07-2006, 02:49 PM
OK, the wife says she wants to go to the Atlanta race this year (either one). We have a pair of great tickets for the July Daytona race (4th of July weekend) to trade. Front stretch between pits exit and turn 1, high enough to see the whole track, and on the aisle which is convenient for beer runs and bathroom breaks. You can see the whole track and straight down pit road.

EDIT: to see the view from the seats, go to http://www.seats3d.com/international_speedway_corporation/daytona_international_speedway/ and pick Keech Tower Section A-C, Rows 36-45.

Anybody want to trade? Tickets come with "local knowledge" (where to eat, party, park for free, etc...)

LakePirate and Pilot02, are you interested or know anybody who might be? Feel free to shoot me a PM or respond here.

Next stop is EBay if I can't do anything here.

Thanks!

LakePirate
02-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Hey Shep, I will check and see if my brother wants them, I have to go to a wedding that weekend.

Atlanta tickets are easy to get. Unlike Bristol, Darlington or Talladega lower seats can see the whole track. We usually sit on the start finish line down low. The only real drawback for some is you come home with a little rubber on you. Atlanta still lets you bring in the big cooler, well they did last year. Let me know which one you are going to and we will meet up and have a beer or several.

Are you planning on camping? They have permanent public showers and bathrooms that are not that bad.

stevo137
02-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Neighbors having a 500 party today.

GO GORDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tex
02-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Go DLP-Finish!

stevo137
02-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Hey, it's still a Hendrick win!

WAY TO JIMMIE J! 1st 500 win.

tex
02-19-2006, 08:25 PM
15th for DLP! Not bad for starting 41st!

betsy&david Harrison
02-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Glad to see a Hendrick team win again. Welcome to California next weekend...wish I could be there...I should change my name to 20 HATER....seriously!
B

stevo137
02-23-2006, 01:14 PM
You will see this awesome car painted by Foose on Saturday the 26th in California. The pic doesn't do it justice. On the video, you can see the blue outline around the flames and an appearance by Jeff seeing the car for the first time. Also notice the black base and gray curved striped background. Great job Foose!
All I can say is after all of the work done on this car that Jeff stays clear of Tony Stewart!
Check out this vid.
http://66.162.192.122/HMSMedia/misc_site_videos/One_Hot_Ride.wmv

ski_king
02-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Nice, but I bet it gets wrecked before the drop of the green flag.

RedStar
02-23-2006, 05:22 PM
I'll bet he gets cracked right on the rainbow sticker.

stevo137
02-23-2006, 07:59 PM
I'll bet he gets cracked right on the rainbow sticker.
Rainbow sticker? The rainbow has been gone for quite some time and I believe that it was painted.
No doubt there are some jealous drivers in Nascar that can't wait to get a shot in on one of the best drivers of all time...

stevo137
02-23-2006, 08:35 PM
This pic is from the Sema show and has full decals.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-23-2006, 11:36 PM
You will see this awesome car painted by Foose on Saturday the 26th in California. The pic doesn't do it justice. On the video, you can see the blue outline around the flames and an appearance by Jeff seeing the car for the first time. Also notice the black base and gray curved striped background. Great job Foose!
All I can say is after all of the work done on this car that Jeff stays clear of Tony Stewart!
Check out this vid.
http://66.162.192.122/HMSMedia/misc_site_videos/One_Hot_Ride.wmv
This one looks photo shopped. Maybe its because its missing all the sponsors.

shepherd
02-23-2006, 11:41 PM
This pic is from the Sema show and has full decals.

The first pic was beautiful, but those decals really ugly it up. :noface:

Workin' 4 Toys
02-24-2006, 12:32 AM
Yea, but cha-ching $, cha-ching $, cha-ching $..etc.... They need the money to pay for the paint job...:rolleyes:

oldschool84
02-24-2006, 08:15 AM
NICE VERY VERY NICE, GO GORDON :woohoo:

stevo137
02-24-2006, 09:13 AM
I hear ya', too bad that they cover the flames. He has so many sponsors that want good exposure and it's tough to find space for them.

ski_king
02-24-2006, 09:19 AM
I hear ya', too bad that they cover the flames. He has so many sponsors that want good exposure and it's tough to find space for them.
I aggree, too many decals, but you will notice all cars have the same front fender decals, NASCAR mandaited.

twieder
02-24-2006, 09:55 AM
:D I just love how they stick to the gay theme. First it was a rainbow and now its a flamer flame! :purplaugh :purplaugh J/K I wouldn't want to come off as insensitive , just a Gordo hater. :D

shepherd
02-24-2006, 12:12 PM
I aggree, too many decals, but you will notice all cars have the same front fender decals, NASCAR mandaited.

Are they NASCAR-mandated? I don't think they're required, but the team will miss out on some bonus bucks for each decal they leave off. I think there was an issue with Petty a while back refusing to have any ads for alcohol products on his car. :toast: It was OK, but his team lost some bonus money for not having those particular decals...

shepherd
02-24-2006, 12:17 PM
I just love how they stick to the gay theme. First it was a rainbow and now its a flamer flame! :purplaugh

8p My wife would agree with you. So would I except for all the different hot women he seems to have hanging on his arm since he got divorced. Actually, she thinks Dale Jr. is gay too because she never sees him with a girlfriend - he only seems to hang out with the guys...

Workin' 4 Toys
02-24-2006, 12:19 PM
I would think the only ones they would have to keep are Goodyear and Nextel. The rest are paying the bills I would guess.

MYMC
02-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Top teams very seldom paint the cars, they are vinyl wrapped because it is lighter and more easier to fix/repair than complex paint schemes.

All decals and sponsors must be NASCAR approved. Some decals (and placments) are NASCAR mandated and others are to earn bonus money and participate in programs (i.e. Goodies headache of the race) (mandated placment). Team/driver sponsors must be approved and can be placed by the team in any location except for the areas reserved by NASCAR. All "paint schemes" are also subjet to approval by NASCAR.

MYMC
02-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Dale Jr. is gay too because she never sees him with a girlfriend - he only seems to hang out with the guys...
The last girlfriend I saw Dale Jr. with was stunning...about 5'9" tall shoulder length blonde hair...very nice. I believe they are still together.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Yeah, but what other driver gets his ex-mistress in playboy like Jeffy....

By the way, have you ever seen Jeff's boat? 24K.... Unbelievable.

LakePirate
02-24-2006, 01:04 PM
And MYMC comes through with the correct answer regarding sticker placement.

Dale Jr. was with a hottie on that reality show last year, Nascar 360 or something like that. Would you have a girlfriend if women were throwing themselves at you every weekend check that every day? Not to discount the benefits of a relationship, but wow, that has to entertaining.

TMCNo1
02-24-2006, 03:02 PM
MYMC is correct, NASCAR mandates where Equipment supplier decals are to be placed and depending on where they finish in any given race and proper placement, depends on how much contingency money is paid the car owner for running the equipment of the decal displayed. Contingency money paying decals are only allowed forward of the numbers on the front fenders and doors and non-contingency paying decals with private sponsonship agreements with the car owner are only displayed aft of the door numbers on the lower part of the rear quarterpanels or on the "B" pillar.

twieder
02-24-2006, 03:05 PM
I woule have to guess dale jr, has a list of 'friends with benifits' just a phone call away. When ya think about it, is 'arm candy' worth it?Of course in this day and age, the 'friends with benifits' could be like playin Russian Roulette! Let us not forget Tim Richmond. JMO if i were he, the field is ripe for the pickin!

shepherd
02-24-2006, 06:57 PM
The last girlfriend I saw Dale Jr. with was stunning...about 5'9" tall shoulder length blonde hair...very nice. I believe they are still together.

Yeah, I figured as much. I'm on the "no he's not, that's crazy" side of the argument with the wife (who is also kidding BTW - she just said she never saw him with a woman). The guy's a rock star, just like Jeff Gordon and the other guys.

shepherd
02-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Are they NASCAR-mandated? I don't think they're required, but the team will miss out on some bonus bucks for each decal they leave off. I think there was an issue with Petty a while back refusing to have any ads for alcohol products on his car. :toast: It was OK, but his team lost some bonus money for not having those particular decals...

In order to qualify for the Bud Shootout, a driver's car must carry a small Budweiser decal during the season. Petty refuses to permit any beer advertising on his cars. That means his driver is not eligible for the lucrative Bud Shootout or can't get Bud Pole awards. Also, was there a Petty car in any of "The Winston" all-star races? Did he have a problem with tobacco company stickers on his cars?

Workin' 4 Toys
02-24-2006, 07:54 PM
And is there a Cingular wireless sticker on the Nextel Cup series car?

TMCNo1
02-24-2006, 08:25 PM
In order to qualify for the Bud Shootout, a driver's car must carry a small Budweiser decal during the season. Petty refuses to permit any beer advertising on his cars. That means his driver is not eligible for the lucrative Bud Shootout or can't get Bud Pole awards. Also, was there a Petty car in any of "The Winston" all-star races? Did he have a problem with tobacco company stickers on his cars?

You also have to win a pole in the last season, be a past winner of the shoot out among other provisional qualifications and when was the last time a Petty car did any of that, much less finish in the top 10. Hopefully this year there will be some improvements with all the changes down there in Level Cross!

LakePirate
02-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Richard Petty promised his mother that he would not carry an alcohol sponsor on his car. However, I do know that racers that are under 21 carry an Anheuser-Busch sticker as opposed to the Budweiser sticker because Anheuser-Busch owns other companies like Eagle chips and whatnot.

stevo137
02-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Another pic before decals.

roddydog
02-25-2006, 03:03 PM
What y'all think of "the thrill from west hill" (Dat's what they call him up here) driving Nascar?
That'd be Paul Tracy.

captkidd
03-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Top teams very seldom paint the cars, they are vinyl wrapped because it is lighter and more easier to fix/repair than complex paint schemes.

You're right about that. I doubt that any teams would spend the time and money to put a fancy paint job like that on their car, just to get it all beat up in a race. I couldn't even read the logo on Jeff's car, so I had no idea that it said "Hot Hues".

AFA Dale Jr. not having a girl on his arm at the races, I respect him for that. It seems that many of the drivers have these fashion model-looking girlfriends/fiancees tagging along, just to make them look better (my girl's hotter than yours). Admittedly, some of them may have very good relationships and I'm obviously in no position to determine that.

MYMC
03-01-2006, 02:42 PM
What y'all think of "the thrill from west hill" (Dat's what they call him up here) driving Nascar?
Wish him the best of luck...road racers particularly open wheel guys do not make good (or even decent) stock car drivers. The difference between a car that uses wings and speed to an ever increasing advantage is nothing like driving a full body car that weighs more than most passenger cars and trucks. Switching the other direction (cup to open wheel) is an easier adjustment...more of a mind over matter lesson. You need to understand and believe that the faster you go the more the car sticks (aero downforce). Many have tried most have failed and in the modern era all have failed. :(

Workin' 4 Toys
03-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Wish him the best of luck...road racers particularly open wheel guys do not make good (or even decent) stock car drivers. The difference between a car that uses wings and speed to an ever increasing advantage is nothing like driving a full body car that weighs more than most passenger cars and trucks. Switching the other direction (cup to open wheel) is an easier adjustment...more of a mind over matter lesson. You need to understand and believe that the faster you go the more the car sticks (aero downforce). Many have tried most have failed and in the modern era all have failed. :(
I'd love to try both.... Got any suggestions......:D

MYMC
03-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Russel & Barber...also Bondurant for sports and open wheel.
Baker for "stock cars" (I was asked to leave for passing at Rockingham several years ago :cool: ).

Want to learn to drive your own car? DE days with the local Porsche Club is great opportunity and is covered by your insurance (not expensive either). Also, I learned a bunch from a traveling school called Car Guys...also covered by insurance since it is considered "drivers education".

shepherd
03-01-2006, 05:15 PM

I agree that a lot have failed, but you can't say all have failed. Tony Stewart won the 1997 Indy Car championship before he hit it big in Nascar. Some other open wheel racers did alright, like AJ Foyt and Al Unser, Jr. Both are past IROC champions, AJ also won 7 Nascar races including the Daytona 500.

MYMC
03-01-2006, 06:07 PM
You are correct Tony did do that; however, the season was 10 races long (15 now I think) and was in it's second year of formation...first with their own car. Don't get me wrong Tony is a great talent and I am a big fan (only reason worth watching IMHO).

The Unsers, Foyt and Andretti all won some NASCAR races and were great drivers but I dont think the case can be made that they made the switch easily or well. Andretti won Daytona as well.

BTW... I dont think winning Daytona or Talladega makes you a great driver particularly since restrictor plates came about.

The good news is that the 2006 F1 season starts a week from this weekend!

shepherd
03-01-2006, 07:26 PM
The good news is that the 2006 F1 season starts a week from this weekend!

Cool. Those F1 cars are wicked FAST on those road courses! The races IMO are kind of boring though -- doesn't seem to be much passing, lead changes, or the bumpin' and rubbin' you get with NASCAR. It's just cool to watch how fast those guys go around the track, and the starts are always exciting.

stevo137
03-01-2006, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=captkidd]You're right about that. I doubt that any teams would spend the time and money to put a fancy paint job like that on their car, just to get it all beat up in a race. I couldn't even read the logo on Jeff's car, so I had no idea that it said "Hot Hues".

You would be amazed at how many JG cars had virtually no battle wounds after the race.
Even if it got beat up, you will still remember "Hot Hues and DuPont".
There isn't a better automotive refinish paint made than Hot Hues.
That's what it's all about...

stevo137
03-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Hendrick!!!!!!!!!!! 1st, 3rd, and 5th.
Not too shabby... ;)

LakePirate
03-21-2006, 12:54 AM
43 car leading laps

Kyle Petty top 10 finish.

Watch out. Petty Enterprises making a comeback.

tex
04-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Who's going to the TEXAS race?

flipper
04-07-2006, 12:33 AM
43 car leading laps

Kyle Petty top 10 finish.

Watch out. Petty Enterprises making a comeback.
Ya right! The only good driver wears a big hat on the side lines.

tex
04-07-2006, 09:42 AM
That's funny!

bradamerry
04-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Leaving for Talladega @ 4am tomorrow, anybody else going?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-28-2006, 11:33 PM
If there is free booze there, you can bet your *** that Hoosier bob will beat you there! :guitar:

bradamerry
04-28-2006, 11:55 PM
If there is free booze there, you can bet your *** that Hoosier bob will beat you there! :guitar:
He better hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But if he makes it there, the cold ones are on me!!!!!!!!!

stevo137
04-29-2006, 12:31 AM
Great trip Brad! Enjoy!

Workin' 4 Toys
04-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Great trip Brad! Enjoy!
Steve, I haven't had any luck finding that car you posted again....:( I still will need to know the Hot Hues color.

Leroy
04-29-2006, 12:44 AM
My best friend that bought the marina in Florence Alabama was just talking about it and cannot go due to being too busy at the marina!

Enjoy it Brad!