PDA

View Full Version : Nascar!

Pages : 1 [2]

bradamerry
04-29-2006, 04:59 AM
See ya guys, we are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

LakePirate
05-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Guessing you didn't stick around for the monday race....I am "Sick" today.

bradamerry
05-01-2006, 11:13 AM
no sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mgurley
05-02-2006, 11:12 AM
I was there good race had fun!!

bradamerry
05-02-2006, 09:29 PM
We did get some pics @ the Busch race.. My man Rusty!!!!!

bradamerry
05-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Bobby...........................

bradamerry
05-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Seconds after a wreck.......................

tex
05-02-2006, 09:36 PM
No Tony Raines DLP pics?

bradamerry
05-02-2006, 09:37 PM
No Tony Raines DLP pics?
no sir..................................... :(

tex
05-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Don't be a hater! #8 and #12.

shepherd
07-04-2006, 12:45 AM
Just got back from Daytona today. Here's a camera phone pic at the start of the race.

shepherd
07-04-2006, 12:52 AM
After the race. Got some crappy phone-video too if anyone knows how to post it here.

stevo137
08-06-2006, 05:59 PM
TEAM HENDRICK does it again!!!
Congrats Jimmie Johnson on a great win!

chudson
08-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Was there, pretty exceiting race, Jr. fan. He sure gave everyone something to talk about after the race. Jimmie "Joe Bob" Johnson sure had the best machine though he did a great job.

slink976
08-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Go Jimmie hell he's from my town El Cajon

LakePirate
08-08-2006, 05:24 PM
I know that most of you on here don't care for NASCAR, but I pose a question to the ones who do. Can NBC's coverage get any worse? For the last two races they haven't had footage of wrecks only the spin and aftermath. Don't misinterpret this, I don't watch for the wrecks, but when they do occur, I want to know why. Like who spun who. It is bad enough to have to listen to Bill Weber and his sappy sayings, but to not have any idea what is going on other than the crawler at the top of the screen, which by the way, cut out about half of the picture when they showed it on the frontstretch camera. However, I did think it was great when they were all trying to build up the oh Jimmy Johnson is thinking of Rick Mears as he makes this final lap crap and upon asking him in the post race interview he stood there stunned and said, well no but now that you mention it I guess I have won on a track with Rick Mears.

Is it so hard to cover a race?
Do they not have enough cameras out on the track?

Sorry Gene. Just needed to vent a bit.

RexDog1
08-08-2006, 05:43 PM
I stopped watching motor sports, for years now, it stop being about the racing
And more about the drivers, and the non-stop commercials and the “Monday night
Football” like commentators talking about everything but the race,
You can’t beat going to a live event :twocents:

shepherd
08-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I rarely watch anymore. Maybe the last 50 laps if I happen to be at home and the TV's on. I usually have better things to do on Sunday afternoons. My wife likes to watch them still, though I call them "nap time" for her (but she swears she stays awake for most of it).

canadianskier
08-08-2006, 08:08 PM
the best part of that race was that micheal waltrip didn`t quaify.

trickskier
08-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Michael is not a race car driver NEVER WAS NEVER WILL BE. He was fortunate that Dale Earnhardt gave him one of the best rides in NASCAR.........ANYWAY Dale Jr. will win the Championship this year. He was up to 3rd before the 2 DNF's.......Headed to Talledega in Oct then on to Miami to watch him hoist the NEXTEL CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY!!

ski_king
08-08-2006, 09:33 PM
......Can NBC's coverage get any worse? .....
Did you catch the IRL 2 weeks ago on ABC?
No, you couldn;t have. ABC covered 3 hours of rain delay, the wnet to the nightly news 30 seconds before the green flag dropped. The didn't even pass the coverage over to any of the ESPN stations, well at least until midnight.

But then, nobody probobly noticed as nobody watchs IRL anyway.......

Well maybe Gene does.

LakePirate
08-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Did you catch the IRL 2 weeks ago on ABC?
No, you couldn;t have. ABC covered 3 hours of rain delay, the wnet to the nightly news 30 seconds before the green flag dropped. The didn't even pass the coverage over to any of the ESPN stations, well at least until midnight.

Well maybe Gene does.

Didn't see that but at least they have Rusty.

Tight = Oversteer (I think)

shepherd
08-09-2006, 01:44 PM

I'm getting more into IRL these days after going to a few recent IRL races in Richmond and watching the Indy 500s. NASCAR has safed itself down to the point where it's getting boring - pit road speed limits, no racing to the line after the caution comes out, restrictor plates, no bump drafting, no passing below the yellow line, cautions every 5 laps for whatever reason (like for a hot dog wrapper ("debris") on the track). The Indy guys have much the same rules, but at least their cars are fast. The danger and bumpin' and grindin' of the old days is what set NASCAR apart in the old days IMO.

chudson
08-09-2006, 04:40 PM
{Yeah, I rarely watch anymore. Maybe the last 50 laps if I happen to be at home and the TV's on.}

I'll agree that if your driver is not doin well it can be a let down but there is so much else goin on. Lot of things to see before the race and you'll not see anything more exciting than the start of the Indy 500 or the Brickyard "live". One thing I noticed that sort of surprised me at the Brickyard was outside the track there are all the semi trailer stands of each of the drivers shirts, hats and that sort of stuff for sale. The one with the longest lines was Dale Earnhardts trailer. He has taken on an Elvis stature in nascar!

ski_king
08-09-2006, 04:45 PM
I have a goal to attend the Indy 500 and Brickyard 400 next year and have a pit pass for both.

chudson
08-09-2006, 04:50 PM
[I have a goal to attend the Indy 500 and Brickyard 400 next year and have a pit pass for both.]

You know somebody I hope!

Footin
08-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Anyone else going to Bristol this weekend?

We pull out in the morning!!!!!!!!

kennbarbie
08-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Hi guys, well I plan on attending my first Nascar race next spring in
Las Vegus. Some people have told me its better to see on tv. Is this true. I dont want to fly down there and be disapointed. I think it would be a blast to be down there for a few days watching the activities. I bet Bristal would be cool to see in a staduim like setting, but a super-speedway is exciting as well I bet. Go Waltrip.

LakePirate
10-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Thought I would dust this thread off since we have taken over the Drinking Thread.

Did you guys see/hear the discussion JR had with NASCAR about bump drafting the way it used to be? JR was a lap down and had Vickers on his front bumper and didn't let him go in the turns and they jumper out to about a 20 car length lead. This reminded me of the 'Dega race a couple of years ago when Ward Burton had the 22 Cat Dodge on the back of Jrs car and kept it there all the way around the track and they were making gains on the pack with a 2 car draft. Problem is that 85% of the people out there don't know how to draft properly, either in the front or the back.

Jr said if he could have kept Vickers on the front (not because he couldn't do it, but NASCAR might not approve) that they could have broken away from the field by 100 car lengths.

I wonder if this race, with all the green flag stops, will end the small fuel cell deal. It did absolutely nothing to break up the field. 3 laps after green flag stops everybody was back together.

Monte
10-10-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm pretty glad they didn't Jr. didn't push him out too far (hindsight) after seeing the talent (or lack there of) of BV. One slip... Jr. would be out by himself... And the field could have blown by him.. Maybe with JJ or DJ (well most of the old schoolers) anybody but MM (just not a rp racer).. I think the limits on bump drafting (softer bumpers front and rear and the watchful eye of NASCAR) have eliminated the need for smaller fuel cells. I hate seeing wins on fuel mileage even if it is Jr. (though not as much) Just takes the driver out of it..

trickskier
10-10-2006, 09:59 AM
This was the first Dega race I've missed in 10 years due to sinus surgery. Race was better than expected due to newly paved track. JR didn't want to push Vickes too far ahead because NASCAR would probably not allow him to race that car again figuring it was illegal. There were only 2 cars that could pass without any help the 8 & 24. They found something and still passed inspection.

Monte
10-10-2006, 10:10 AM
This was the first Dega race I've missed in 10 years due to sinus surgery. Race was better than expected due to newly paved track. JR didn't want to push Vickes too far ahead because NASCAR would probably not allow him to race that car again figuring it was illegal. There were only 2 cars that could pass without any help the 8 & 24. They found something and still passed inspection.

They got Tallent..:D :D I think 3 told Jr. something. 24 learned by watching.. They... whoever they is.... say Sr. could see air on those tracks

SkiDog
10-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Vickers better grow some eyes in the back of that head of his this weekend. Ya never know who's lurking in the bushes!:D

RexDog1
10-10-2006, 10:45 AM
I am not a big Nascar fan
Living down the street from John Force it is hard not to watch drag racing.
I am a race fan, and watched some of the race on Sunday about the last 50 laps
It was a good race, but I have some questions? How often does NASCAR change
The size of the Restrictor Plates?, I have built about 2 dozen engines in my life
So I think I know my way around a V8, I would think a last minute change would be
A big thing?
I do need to say, I see why JR. has the fan base that he has, he just got crashed out of a 3Hr+ race, when he was in first, he pulls off his helmet and a TV mike is in his face, and said “it was a racing deal” and congrats to Bryan who crashed him out??? ….Class act
I can see why NASCAR is so big it is good racing, I just don’t have 3+hrs to watch
I will keep an eye on the rest of the season; I think I am starting to hate the 48 car
He looks like a Yeti???
Oh one more question Toyota in NASCAR next year, what engine are that going to use? I thought it must be a “stock engine” well the block to start, do they have a
Push rod engine in their street cars/trucks?

Monte
10-10-2006, 11:08 AM
The size of the Restrictor Plates?, I have built about 2 dozen engines in my life
So I think I know my way around a V8, I would think a last minute change would be
A big thing?
I do need to say, I see why JR. has the fan base that he has, he just got crashed out of a 3Hr+ race, when he was in first, he pulls off his helmet and a TV mike is in his face, and said “it was a racing deal” and congrats to Bryan who crashed him out??? ….Class act
I can see why NASCAR is so big it is good racing, I just don’t have 3+hrs to watch
I will keep an eye on the rest of the season; I think I am starting to hate the 48 car
He looks like a Yeti???
Oh one more question Toyota in NASCAR next year, what engine are that going to use? I thought it must be a “stock engine” well the block to start, do they have a

Good to hear you're watching even though you're not a fan... The whole Jr. attitude is a good change from two years ago, and even a lot of last year. he has grown up a lot. Even though I have been a big 8 fan since he started his career he has had to get his head unstuck... But he is becoming a class act. As far as Restrictor plates are concered. they are only run at two tracks and four races during the year: Daytona and Talledega, there are rumors that Atlanta is going that way too. That is the most exciting racing you will see outside of Bristol..
As far as Yotastoy go, I have no idea what kind of engine they will run. I fear they will be a force to be reconed with in the beginning of the year because NASCAR will not have a solid way to hold them back as they do the other manufacturers.. (level playing field may be unlevel for a bit)

TMCNo1
10-10-2006, 11:14 AM
A big thing?
He looks like a Yeti???

The restrictor plates changed by Nascar [1/64 smaller dia.] knocked of about 12 to 15 hp, resulting in slower speeds [10mph+-], better fuel milege and everyone suffered the same restrictions.
The engines are a modified version of a production engine with Nascar approved aftermarket and approved factory R&D parts. Much like the 2 door Ford Taurus [4dr], 2 door Dodge Magnum [4dr] and next years 2 door Toyota Camry [4dr] bodies which does not exist. The Chevrolet Monte Carlo is the only one of the four that is actually a 2 door. The front grills/hoods are somewhat different, along with the side windows, but the rear ends are all practically the same, all in the name of parity by the use of Nascar templates.

TMCNo1
10-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Jimmy Johnson flat SCREWED UP, by pulling out ahead of Vickers. If, he had stayed behind Jr. and let Vickers try to pass both he and Jr. would have gained needed points for the BIG PICTURE by finishing 1st and 2nd if Vickers had failed to pass them both, so in pulling out to pass Jr. and gain a couple points with Vickers help, then getting bumped, he lost gobs of points and cost Jr. gobs of points too.
Our newspaper racing reporter interviewed Rick Hendrick yesterday and he and his orginization is real upset with Jimmy Johnson for not considering the badly needed Nextel Cup Championship Points by staying behind Jr. and allowing Vickers to TRY by himself to pass both he and Jr. for the win.

trickskier
10-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Rex,
I have been following NASCAR for over 40 years and have attended the Daytona 500 for 38 consecutive years......To answer a few of your questions. NASCAR changed the size of the restrictor plate Saturday morning by 1/64 of an inch. That reduced the horse power by about 12 to 15 HP's. This in turn slowed the cars about 10 MPH. NASCAR does not want the cars running over 200 MPH for fear that they will become airborne and fly into the stands. I was at Talladega when Bobby Allison almost did just that. It took them over 4 hours to repair the catch fence and one fan went to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. It was a REAL MESS.

With Talladega just being repaved it was smooth and VERY FAST. Speeds were near 200 MPH during practice, so NASCAR decided to put a smaller restrictor plate on before qualifying. The size of the restrictor plate has been the same for about 3 or 4 years now and will probably go back to the larger size when they return to Daytona in February.

As for the engines each mfg has it's own version of a block. They do not use stock blocks anymore. NASCAR has even stepped in and is making them all use the same bore & stroke in an effort to reduce costs. Dodge was experimenting with bore & stroke for different size tracks and NASCAR got wise. They are allowed to run 358 CU. IN. with 12.5 to 1 compression ratio.

The hardest thing Toyota had to adapt to was using a carburetor. They will be using the same engine in Nextel Cup that they have been using in the Truck Series.....Hope I answered your questions.

BTW......I am a FORCE Fan as well. Used to go to the GATOR NATIONALS every year. Loved his LONG burnouts!

LakePirate
10-10-2006, 12:12 PM
That is the most exciting racing you will see outside of Bristol..

Interesting that you say that. We took a friend of ours from Bristol who has worked the race for years as a cooler checker / ticket taker to Talladega. He has only been to Bristol and is not really a big fan. We wanted to show him a different type of Racin. He loved it. When they came out of 4 though the Tri-Oval he almost had a heart attack. He was turned around in the seat of the car to talk about it all the way home. Not that Bristol is not exciting, but nothing beats
'Dega. FFRR...WFO.

#01, wow. Rick Hendrick really said that? Holy Cow.

JJ has to lead. He can't just ride.

TMCNo1
10-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Interesting that you say that. We took a friend of ours from Bristol who has worked the race for years as a cooler checker / ticket taker to Talladega. He has only been to Bristol and is not really a big fan. We wanted to show him a different type of Racin. He loved it. When they came out of 4 though the Tri-Oval he almost had a heart attack. He was turned around in the seat of the car to talk about it all the way home. Not that Bristol is not exciting, but nothing beats
'Dega. FFRR...WFO.

"The Big Picture" being the Championship for Jimmie Johnson, "Victory Lane" and "Wrecking or Getting Wrecked" are little pictures and the BOSS [Rick Hendrick] got the wrong picture of the three, since Vickers is leaving for Toyota, not in the Chase and it was a win for Vickers under a cloud of controversy. Even with that said Rick Hendrick was more pleased with the win by Vickers than Jimmie Johnsons lack of points gained.

Monte
10-10-2006, 12:35 PM
'Dega. FFRR...WFO.

I can see where you are coming from.. Dega is THE race I have wanted to go see for years, just never have gotten around to it, But Bristol? Just good ole fashioned roughneck racin!!! I guess any race track has its fans and the lack there of.. the only one I really don't have a need for is martinsville.... too flat and slow...

TMCNo1
10-10-2006, 01:08 PM
"The Big Picture" being the Championship for Jimmie Johnson, "Victory Lane" and "Wrecking or Getting Wrecked" are little pictures and the BOSS [Rick Hendrick] got the wrong picture of the three, since Vickers is leaving for Toyota, not in the Chase and it was a win for Vickers under a cloud of controversy. Even with that said Rick Hendrick was more pleased with the win by Vickers than Jimmie Johnsons lack of points gained.

Another thing, Rick Hendrick is the registered owner of Vickers #25 car, while Jeff Gordon is the registered owner of Johnsons #48 as far as owner points go and guess who got the most owner points Sunday. $$$$$$$$$$$Talking!

trickskier
10-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Another thing, Rick Hendrick is the registered owner of Vickers #25 car, while Jeff Gordon is the registered owner of Johnsons #48 as far as owner points go and guess who got the most owner points Sunday. $$$$$$$$$$$Talking!

Harold,
I've heard through the grapevine that Rick is going to let Vickers go after this incident since he's leaving at the end of the year anyway.

LakePirate
10-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Harold,
I've heard through the grapevine that Rick is going to let Vickers go after this incident since he's leaving at the end of the year anyway.

Word around the campfire is that even before that race at 'Dega Ganassi was in talks with Hendrick to put Mears over in the 25 before the year was out

RexDog1
10-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Thank you all for the info

Wow I would have a hard time driving for a “BOSS” that would be mad at me
For going for the win, the position that the 48 car was in on the last lap,he had the win, I understand “BIG PICTURE” racing but he is a racer, you need to go to for the win!!!!!!!

On the Toyota engine, are that going to be a made out of the TRD plant and given to the teams Like open wheel?
Or that going to be team built, backed by Toyota?

TMCNo1
10-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Harold,

The newspaper article didn't say anything to that effect, yet, look @ Sadler and Mayfield so far, it ain't Silly Season anymore, more like DA Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
10-10-2006, 03:18 PM

For going for the win, the position that the 48 car was in on the last lap,he had the win, I understand “BIG PICTURE” racing but he is a racer, you need to go to for the win!!!!!!!

At the end of the season, if Johnson had stayed behind Jr. and gained a bunch of points toward the Championship, it could possibly earned Johnson [driver], Jeff Gordon [car owner], and Rick Hendrick [team owner/partner w/ Gordon] as much as $3 million or more. When the season is over, depending on where Johnson finishes in the top 10 in the Chase, the wreck Sunday a Dega will be talked about for YEARS, when it comes to looking at the Big Picture[Nextel Cup Championship points]. Watch the Awards Banquet in New York and see actually how much money Johnson gets for where he finished in the points and do the math if he doesn't win the Championship.

On the Toyota engine, are that going to be a made out of the TRD plant and given to the teams Like open wheel?

See the remark that somehow ended up in your quote above.^
Team built engines, backed by Toyota just like Ford, Chrysler and GM, just like the Craftsman Truck Series.

trickskier
10-10-2006, 03:19 PM

Rex,
TRD is behind the engine development, I don't think it can be used in open wheel. It's too big CU. IN. and too heavy. This engine was designed for NASCAR use.

TMCNo1
10-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Rex,
TRD is behind the engine development, I don't think it can be used in open wheel. It's too big CU. IN. and too heavy. This engine was designed for NASCAR use.

When Toyota first started running the trucks, I read in a racing article, that the Toyota engine would basically be a modified Chevy block, modified Ford heads and Chrysler hot air, built by Americans, supervised by little, obcessed Japanese drinking Saki, shouting Tora, Tora, Tora, NASCAR American Rednecks!

RexDog1
10-10-2006, 05:02 PM
….hummmmmm

NASCAR Looking For Way To Open Toyota Program
So you'd like to race and Toyota would be your choice of manufacturer. It may be impossible to buy a Toyota racing engine or parts to build one. NASCAR is looking for a way to open up Toyota's engine program so that it's open to the independent motor builders. The big three, Chevrolet, Ford and Dodge have open programs so that anyone wishing to build one of those engines, can buy the parts and construct one. But Toyota's program is closed and doesn't allow the independent builders to buy the parts. It's not available to anyone not a part of the Toyota Racing family. ...Daily Headlines (http://insiderracingnews.com/Daily2006/Oct/100506.html)

trickskier
10-10-2006, 07:36 PM
….hummmmmm

NASCAR Looking For Way To Open Toyota Program
So you'd like to race and Toyota would be your choice of manufacturer. It may be impossible to buy a Toyota racing engine or parts to build one. NASCAR is looking for a way to open up Toyota's engine program so that it's open to the independent motor builders. The big three, Chevrolet, Ford and Dodge have open programs so that anyone wishing to build one of those engines, can buy the parts and construct one. But Toyota's program is closed and doesn't allow the independent builders to buy the parts. It's not available to anyone not a part of the Toyota Racing family. ...Daily Headlines (http://insiderracingnews.com/Daily2006/Oct/100506.html)

NASCAR has warned Toyota that they cannot build crate engines and sell them to teams. All parts: engine block, heads, pistons, etc........ must be sold seperately and assembled by individual teams. I have a friend that works for Southeast Toyota and he say's they have been petitioning NASCAR for years to run in the Cup Series. That's why they built the Tundra so they could enter the Truck Series.

TMCNo1
10-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Trick, Lynn works for GMAC Insurance and she is still wandering around the house cursing Vickers and Johnson, using 4 letter words I've never heard before, damn woman is crazy!

SkiDog
10-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Trick, Lynn works for GMAC Insurance and she is still wandering around the house cursing Vickers and Johnson, using 4 letter words I've never heard before, damn woman is crazy!

I knew she had some class! Damn fine women ya got's there Harold!

TMCNo1
10-10-2006, 08:07 PM
I knew she had some class! Damn fine women ya got's there Harold!
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

trickskier
10-10-2006, 08:14 PM

I take it she's a Jr. fan then. I wasn't happy with the outcome, however I do feel it was a racing incident.....I was at the 76 Daytona 500 when Petty & Pearson crashed coming out of turn 4. That was when my life revolved around NASCAR. You should have heard me cursing Pearson that day!!!! :rant:

TMCNo1
10-10-2006, 08:51 PM
I take it she's a Jr. fan then. I wasn't happy with the outcome, however I do feel it was a racing incident.....I was at the 76 Daytona 500 when Petty & Pearson crashed coming out of turn 4. That was when my life revolved around NASCAR. You should have heard me cursing Pearson that day!!!! :rant:

Yea, a Jr. fan and the wrek wuz one uv m r racin' deals, but she jus don't get it!8p Don't want to know nuthin' about no Big Picture, just a picture of Vickers kissing her a**, that sorry *** punk.............................................! She said she was tired of thinking about it and was going to lay down on the couch and go to sleep, now her snooring sounds like the replay of Jr. and Johnson sliding thru the grass!

trickskier
10-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Yea, a Jr. fan and the wrek wuz one uv m r racin' deals, but she jus don't get it!8p Don't want to know nuthin' about no Big Picture, just a picture of Vickers kissing her a**, that sorry *** punk.............................................! She said she was tired of thinking about it and was going to lay down on the couch and go to sleep, now her snooring sounds like the replay of Jr. and Johnson sliding thru the grass!

LOL.....I would let Lynn read this thread if you want to live much longer! :toast:

TMCNo1
10-10-2006, 09:17 PM
LOL.....I would let Lynn read this thread if you want to live much longer! :toast:

She knows I'm full of it, by always telling everyone, "You never know what he will say next, I have just got used to it after 35 years"!
I still love her though, even if the den does smell like burning rubber after the "BIG ONE" at Talledega when she's sleeping!

trickskier
10-10-2006, 09:23 PM
She knows I'm full of it, by always telling everyone, "You never know what he will say next, I have just got used to it after 35 years"!

Yeah I know what you mean. While I was in the recovery room last Thursday, I noticed this Red Light on my index finger. So I started saying ET PHONE HOME!!! Embarrassed my wife!!! :uglyhamme

TMCNo1
10-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Yeah I know what you mean. While I was in the recovery room last Thursday, I noticed this Red Light on my index finger. So I started saying ET PHONE HOME!!! Embarrassed my wife!!! :uglyhamme

OH no, I'm LMAO, now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hurt, I can see it now!

TMCNo1
10-11-2006, 11:07 AM

Trick, I told Lynn about this post and "ET Phone Home" and she tripped out and spilled her coffee. It was a good one, thanks for the laugh!

trickskier
10-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Trick, I told Lynn about this post and "ET Phone Home" and she tripped out and spilled her coffee. It was a good one, thanks for the laugh!

Anytime Harold,
Had the nurses laughing too!!:uglyhamme

trickskier
01-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Anyone headed to the Daytona 500 next month?

tex
01-03-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm sure that my wife will be.:mad:

André
01-03-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm sure that my wife will be.:mad:
Staying home AGAIN this year?;)
Why don't you like racing tex?:D

stevo137
04-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Enjoyed watching the end of that one!

Congrats Gordon!

Stewart, eat some sod...

stevo137
04-22-2007, 04:36 AM

TMCNo1
04-22-2007, 07:41 AM
For some reason I am glad I slept thru most of it last night. Might have been the "Fish Fry" the local Civic Club had.

LakePirate
04-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Can somebody please teach Hot Carl Edwards how to drive.

Nice rear ending Dave Blaney in the 22 while he is coming to pit road.

Moron.

tex
04-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Staying home AGAIN this year?;)
Why don't you like racing tex?:D
I love it...sometimes I can't wiggle an invitation on the wife's business trips.

ski_king
07-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Did anybody happen to see who the title sponser for the Nextel Cup race at Watkins Glen is?
It suprised me! Does MasetCraft sponser anything other than supercross?

TMCNo1
07-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Did anybody happen to see who the title sponser for the Nextel Cup race at Watkins Glen is?
It suprised me! Does MasetCraft sponser anything other than supercross?
They must be making some big $$$$$$, cause that's the only new boats you see around here. A former MC salesman for our local dealer has been this areas regional sales rep for them for 5 years and they are killing MC. We see him on our lake and he just laughs and asks where all the new MC's are, well!

ski_king
07-23-2007, 08:38 PM
You don't see many around this area. For all I knew tha company was out of business.
It will be interesting watching the coverage on TV that weekend.

André
08-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Just watched the qualifications for the Bush serie's first time in Montreal.
Local and ex Cart driver Patrick Carpentier took the pole and it was his first ever try in Nascar!!!
If you happen to watch the race later this afternoon,notice the lake in the middle of the track near the start finish line.This is where Brent's ski club is but close for the race week end...

tex
08-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Wow-Very cool to have a race going on during the week! My advice to you is to go to the What are you drinking right now thread!

trickskier
08-21-2007, 02:19 PM
LOL..............Puke Gordon #24 slides up into Kenseth, gets spun then stuck in the mud...................LOL :D :woohoo: 26372

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2007/08/21/cup.mic.three.nascar/frameset.exclude.html?MostPopular

KnoxX2
08-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Is the race over?

RexDog1
08-21-2007, 03:18 PM
that 2 car won:mad:

Monte
08-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Why in the hell did Jr pit with ten laps left??? He took four with 20 or so didn't he??

RexDog1
08-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Why in the hell did Jr pit with ten laps left??? He took four with 20 or so didn't he??
Because Teresa told him to :rolleyes:

KnoxX2
08-21-2007, 03:28 PM
I think the season is over for JR. Sad but I think he is looking FWD to next year. I know I am! Can't wait to see how JR will do with a real team behind him.

Monte
08-21-2007, 03:52 PM
I think the season is over for JR. Sad but I think he is looking FWD to next year. I know I am! Can't wait to see how JR will do with a real team behind him.

I hope he'll continue to drive like he has some desire.. I don't understand some of the calls from his pit box.. Truex stayed out and got second.. That would have been Jr..... Just doesn't make sense... Seem like he would WANT to win no matter who he is driving for:confused:

SkiDog
08-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Because Teresa told him to :rolleyes:

What a biotch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

tex
08-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Let's see-I drink Miller Lite while watching the race and the #2 wins.
Should I put #8 in the winner's circle by slamming some Bud next race?

trickskier
08-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Let's see-I drink Miller Lite while watching the race and the #2 wins.
Should I put #8 in the winner's circle by slamming some Bud next race?
Try it Saturday Night......They'll be at Bristol..............;)

Footin
08-21-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm packing right now, headed to Bristol tomorrow morning.

"The worlds fastest half mile", a Saturday night shoot out!

atlfootr
08-22-2007, 11:48 AM
If you see T.Stewart pass bye, throw out a spike strip :rant:
On the other hand, if Jeff Gordon shows up giv 'em a wake for me!

THANKS ALOT ...

SkiDog
08-22-2007, 05:13 PM
yOU'RE NOT TELLING US THAT YOU ARE A GORDON FAN, ARE YOU? I had a feeling.................................:D

trickskier
08-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Here's Jeff Gordon's new pit flag.......................:D

SkiDog
08-22-2007, 08:44 PM
If you see T.Stewart pass bye, throw out a spike strip :rant:
On the other hand, if Jeff Gordon shows up giv 'em a wake for me!

THANKS ALOT ...

Atlfootr, did you mean wave, wake, or wink?:confused: Just asking.8p

shepherd
09-07-2007, 11:15 PM
I just heard a rumor that Gibbs Racing is going to switch to Toyotas next year.

OH NO JOE SAY IT AINT SO! :noface:

(I wonder what Punky Stewart thinks about that?)

Maristar210
09-07-2007, 11:17 PM
I just heard a rumor that Gibbs Racing is going to switch to Toyotas next year.

OH NO JOE SAY IT AINT SO! :noface:

(I wonder what Punky Stewart thinks about that?)

Already been announced......

shepherd
09-07-2007, 11:22 PM
OK, so it's not a rumor. My wife just told me she heard it on TV.
Until it is independently confirmed, whatever she tells me is "rumor." :cool:

TMCNo1
09-08-2007, 05:56 AM
OK, so it's not a rumor. My wife just told me she heard it on TV.
Until it is independently confirmed, whatever she tells me is "rumor." :cool:
Yea, the announcement was made last weekend or late last week. Looks like Toyota is trying to buy a Championship, I hope they fall on their face. No more pulling for Smoke!:mad: :( :o

TMCNo1
09-09-2007, 05:02 PM
This really makes for some interesting reading, http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=bm-observations_richmond090907
Johnson cheating?
Biffle and the "Donkeys"?
Junior blowing up again?

Cloaked
09-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Biffle and the "Donkeys"?
I caught that in the live interview. It was funny for 1 second then I realized what a jack-a$$ he sounded like dissing his racing buddies. Too bad they all don't have his sponsorship and money. What a whinner. Send him back to the truck series with the Bodines.

Every single one of those guys are tops or they wouldn't be there. Except maybe for Robbie Crash Gordon. He's an accident waiting to happen evey week. :D

betsy&david Harrison
10-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Gordo! Gordo!:banana: :purplaugh

you know you boys just love me sometimes!!!

TMCNo1
10-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Junior blew up again, along with Truex, Amirola and Jeff Burton. There are now questions about the DEI and Childress engine partnership. Maybe Jr. will be better off with the Hendrick orginization.
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/10/07/dei.rcr.engine.woes.talladega/index.html

tex
10-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Gordo! Gordo!:banana: :purplaugh

you know you boys just love me sometimes!!!
My cousin is a huge Gordo fan. She lives here in Fort Worth and her husband took her to the race yesterday. I can't wait until she gets home to find out how much fun she had! DLP finishes 9th. I was shocked!

uawaterskier
10-26-2007, 02:21 PM
anyone headed to ATL? Ill be there

shepherd
10-26-2007, 11:51 PM
anyone headed to ATL? Ill be there

Have fun!

Is that still the fastest track in the circuit? Used to be faster than Daytona and Talladega a few years ago (190+ mph)

uawaterskier
10-27-2007, 04:40 AM
Have fun!

Is that still the fastest track in the circuit? Used to be faster than Daytona and Talladega a few years ago (190+ mph)
they will hit up over 200 mph before the corners! I've driven race cars @ about 120, I couldn't imagine another 80 MPH:eek3:

TMCNo1
11-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I guess everyone has seen where the Cabarrus County, NC (Home of Lowe's Motor Speedway) Board of Commissioners tried to stop the construction of a new drag strip east of LMS after 80 year old Bruton Smith (LMS owner and owner of nearly 1/2 the tracks NASCAR runs on) had paid for the design, got the approval, got all the permits and started the grading for constructon. It was all over the complaints from some people in the community over the additional noise the facility may generate.
Bruton answered them by saying he would/could/may build a new race complex within 9 months somewhere in the Charlotte area. He would wipe CMS and it's related facitities off the map and take the MILLIONS, MILLIONS, MILLIONS of $$$$$ generated in the county, businesses and the surrounding area from the races, testing, tours, Speedway Club, Richard Petty Driving School, Legends Racing, hotels/motels, restaurants, the new mall, Bass Proshops, somewhere else and not put up with their BS.
The county reversed it's decision and is going to allow Bruton to proceed with the drag strip. But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he is still pee'd off that it was even considered and is still threatening to move LMS anyway somewhere else and says he has people in his organization looking for land and negotiating for the purchase of the land.
Now, it was announced this morning here, that Cabarrus County is attempting to put a $75 MILLION Incentive Package together, with $25 Million from the State of NC, $25 Million coming from the City of Concord and $25 million coming from Cabarrus County, in an attempt to sway Bruton Smith from moving LMS from that area of Charoltte as he is threatening.
He is in a WIN-WIN situation over a bunch of loose cannon politicans who have bit the BIG hand that feeds them!
Money talks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We will see what happens now!

Monte
11-12-2007, 02:16 PM
What makes the whole thing REALLY bad. The folks who are upset about the noise that would be created by the drag strip are the SAME folks that bought a house within earshot of LMS... I think Smith is being a jerk about the deal, but he has the funds to be a jerk... My personnal opinion is he wants a superspeedway, and now he has an "OUT"...

shepherd
02-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Tony Stewart on Last Man Standing. Funny show.

http://abc.go.com/watch/last-man-standing/SH55126594/VD55171093/adrenaline

SkiDog
02-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Boy, this outa pi$$ off the masses!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=dw-wetzel-streamline-hotel-daytona-500-022512

BrooksfamX2
02-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Bummer. Wont see it now........racing at noon tomorrow.....

TOO-TALL
02-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Come on...let'em race in the rain. Like F1

TOO-TALL
02-27-2012, 10:45 PM
They should just call this years 500. "the danica 500". Geeez enough already.

Double D
02-27-2012, 11:09 PM
How about that Montoya Crash and fire! Wholly crap!!

http://www.nascar.com/video/post-race/highlights/120227/cup-day-high-eight/index.html

TOO-TALL
02-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Yeah no kidding that is nuts

D3skier
02-27-2012, 11:46 PM
How about that Montoya Crash and fire! Wholly crap!!

http://www.nascar.com/video/post-race/highlights/120227/cup-day-high-eight/index.html

that was just crazy.... now let's see if the track holds up after that fire

BrooksfamX2
02-28-2012, 12:15 AM
they are back at it....hope they can finish it........

Sullivan
02-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Biffle pisses me off......come on grow some balls and race!

BrooksfamX2
02-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Well that took a while, boring and exciting all in one..........

thatsmrmastercraft
02-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Well that took a while, boring and exciting all in one..........

It definitely was a remarkable race. Can't believe that they were able to race over where the fire had been.

DemolitionMan
02-28-2012, 10:28 AM

I think JR. was thinking the same thing.

shepherd
02-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Boy, this outa pi$$ off the masses!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=dw-wetzel-streamline-hotel-daytona-500-022512

"If Bill France Sr. had ever decided to create a gay bar, this would be it"

:noface: (that statement just seems wrong to me)

rjracin240
02-28-2012, 11:48 AM
It definitely was a remarkable race. Can't believe that they were able to race over where the fire had been.

It was interesting watching them fight that fire and how effective the dry chemical agent was in knocking down the flames. That JET-A is some hot burning stuff, they definitely had their work cut out for them extinguishing that blaze.
Like you I am surprised that the asphalt was not ruined beyond use in that one spot, not to say they might be digging it up as I type this to replace the one spot.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-28-2012, 12:58 PM
It was interesting watching them fight that fire and how effective the dry chemical agent was in knocking down the flames. That JET-A is some hot burning stuff, they definitely had their work cut out for them extinguishing that blaze.
Like you I am surprised that the asphalt was not ruined beyond use in that one spot, not to say they might be digging it up as I type this to replace the one spot.

Just kerosene.........much better to fight than gasoline.

slink976
02-28-2012, 01:18 PM
I watch it till football starts, better than baseball and the Padres suck and are a tripple A team so no point in going to those over priced games. Also Nascar is never blacked out! which is nice if you ask me.

93Prostar190
02-28-2012, 01:28 PM
I think JR. was thinking the same thing.

Wasn't Dale Sr. blocking for Waltrip from the 2nd spot when he met his tragic end?

DemolitionMan
02-28-2012, 01:47 PM
I believe Jr. was thinking that Biffle was going to go for it.

shepherd
02-28-2012, 01:48 PM
He was blocking from the third position for Michael Waltrip and Dale Jr. (running 1st and 2nd).

93Prostar190
02-28-2012, 02:01 PM
He was blocking from the third position for Michael Waltrip and Dale Jr. (running 1st and 2nd).

Stand corrected ... but blocking nonetheless?

Personally I watch alot of racing and will always want to see a racer "go for it" on the last lap ..... but then again I have no clue on the "points" or "money" at stake for a season long pursuit ....

Heck I thought Biffle had enough car to get Kenseth .... but I must be wrong on that ...

Forrest-X45
02-28-2012, 02:15 PM

Exactly - I was thinking the same thing watching the end. Grow a pair, Biffle and race. What a wussy and too bad Jr. kept waiting for him.

pkskier
02-28-2012, 04:21 PM
What irritated me about Biffle was after the race in his interview he said he couldn't get to Kenseth with Jr. pushing him. Through the entire race he had the best car, up until it counted the most. He has never won a 500 and never will with that attitude. He may never be that close again, you have to go for it. That is a big reason that Mark Martin has never won one.

JMann
02-28-2012, 04:58 PM
I don't think it mattered to Jr whether or not Biffle went for it or not. Either way Jr was going to end up second pushing Biffle to the lead or passing him alone. Biffle didn't want to piss off the 17 so he stayed behind him and ended up 3rd, wish he had come in 10th for being such a P@#%Y

Sullivan
02-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I just don't get it. I know that Matt is one of his best friends but........I'd wreck my grandmother to win the Daytona 500. Come on Biffle. I'm still pissed about this. He's my home town boy and I was cheering hard for him.

snork
02-29-2012, 08:47 AM
Should have been a three car race to the finishline

trickskier
03-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Should have been a three car race to the finishline

You're absolutely right! I was there and it was obvious that Biffle was applying his brakes! Kenseth was pulling away from them on the last lap which is completely impossible - Jr. got screwed!

ski_king
02-18-2013, 04:21 PM
I am suprised nobody brought this up yet today.

History will be made in this years Daytona 500, an all girl front row!

D3skier
02-18-2013, 04:39 PM
I am suprised nobody brought this up yet today.

History will be made in this years Daytona 500, an all girl front row!

LMAO!!!!

psychobilly
02-18-2013, 06:26 PM
:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

Forrest-X45
02-19-2013, 04:43 PM
LOL - so true given Gordon's driving over the last number of years. And I will admit it, I am a Gordon fan. Fun to root for someone so many seem to hate.

93Prostar190
02-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Gordon may do better in this "new" car vs. the COT they have been building to cater to Jimmy and company.

I am glad that Danica is on the pole, it makes for some fun conversation, I also like that an experience driver like Gordon is next to her to bring the field to the start/finish line.

Good theater .... I hope Gordon wins the title this year, too much Jimmy in the Hendricks camp for my liking .... Peace!

03 35th Anniversary
02-19-2013, 05:01 PM
More Like It.... :D

Footin
02-19-2013, 06:44 PM
By the 3rd lap she will be running in the back...texting and putting on her make up.

trickskier
02-19-2013, 06:54 PM
By the 3rd lap she will be running in the back...texting and putting on her make up.

You still owe me a case of Bud from your last prediction of her first NASCAR race! :D

trickskier
02-19-2013, 06:54 PM
More Like It.... :D

That's hilarious Johnny!!!

Footin
02-19-2013, 07:19 PM
You still owe me a case of Bud from your last prediction of her first NASCAR race! :D

I have no recollection of that bet!

But you still owe me a new hat.

Forrest-X45
02-19-2013, 07:48 PM

Which one? The 10 or 24 car? :D :D

JMann
02-19-2013, 08:13 PM
The whole field will be lucky to make it around the 1st lap without her (#10) causing the big one.

shepherd
02-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Maybe he'll school her like he did for Trevor Bayne in 2011.

captain planet
02-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Another season, giving this another chance to see what all the fuss is.....and I still don't see what the big deal is. It is just as mind numbing as the first time I watched it.

mikeg205
02-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Another season, giving this another chance to see what all the fuss is.....and I still don't see what the big deal is. It is just as mind numbing as the first time I watched it.

The cars are cool again... not the high tech stuff from years ago... It was fun to see the new Fusion running... I picked up a 2013 Fusion this week... the benz's tranny gave up it's ghost... kinda fun being part of pop culture...

best way to watch nascar - the start and last 25 laps... ;)

Voodoo
02-24-2013, 06:16 PM
NASCAR. A cousin-banging-trailer-dwelling-druid-worshipping snoozefest. Turn left, then continue to do so. Meanwhile, engage in diarrhea-of-the mouth radio comms with a toothless moronic spotter. Good stuff.

Fast50dad
02-24-2013, 06:25 PM
NASCAR...

Non-
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

:D

...and yes, I'm a fan of NASCAR!

FrankSchwab
02-24-2013, 07:42 PM
The whole field will be lucky to make it around the 1st lap without her (#10) causing the big one.

What a misogynistic hole you are. Feel embarrassed yet? Because you should.

As a Mark Martin fan (us old guys gotta stick together), I gotta say that Danica certainly showed that she's got the skills to race in Nascar. The race may have been boring as hell, but anyone who can hang in the top ten all day (and fight back into it when shuffled back) has all the credentials needed to be a fully respected Nascar driver.

My predictions? One win this year for her, one for Gordon, and none for Martin. Sigh.

pkskier
02-24-2013, 09:04 PM
You can say what you want about Danica, but in my opinion and this is not new for me, she has driving skills. But I didn't know if she could sustain it for 500 miles and I think she prove today she can.

Dino Don
02-24-2013, 09:24 PM
You can say what you want about Danica, but in my opinion and this is not new for me, she has driving skills. But I didn't know if she could sustain it for 500 miles and I think she prove today she can.

She did a good job and I also think she has a great chance to win a race this season.

JMann
02-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Danica had a great race, hung out in the top 10 all day. She should have been top 5 was just in the wrong lane coming out of turn 4.

TOO-TALL
02-24-2013, 10:05 PM
I was surprised at her finish(thought it would be 20th) Still not worth all the damn hype.God it was a boring race.

onewheat
02-24-2013, 11:23 PM
It was an INCREDIBLY boring race. Other than on restarts, there was NO passing going on. Restrictor plate races are SO boring. Hopefully at Phoenix we'll see some racing.

CantRepeat
02-25-2013, 06:42 AM

There really isn't a whole lot you have to do at Daytona and the new cars show that even more so. If you have the motor, you just get inline and you can ride around for 99% of the race, which is all she did. She didn't make any moves all day long. But, when it came time to do something she just sat there and got passed by everyone on the last 1/3 of a lap. She may have skills but she doesn't have the knowledge, she's still just a rookie.

Theclarks1111
02-25-2013, 07:35 AM
I would agree, NASCAR has done a good job getting the cars running together again, but there are no opportunities to pass and race...

shepherd
02-25-2013, 09:06 AM
Agree, BORING race. The restrictor plate races are the most boring races anywhere. Just a bunch of cars riding around in circles, with the occasional pile-up crash. The "Great American Race" my big fat butt... :rolleyes:

And Fox needs to let DW go. We can't stand to hear that guy talk. Unfortunately, Fox would probably replace him with his little brother. They need to do more "Crank It Up" segments where none of the guys talk at all. That's sweet.

shepherd
02-25-2013, 09:08 AM
And another thing, is it just me or do the new "Gen 6" cars look NOTHING like the street versions of the cars? I thought it was hilarious how much time everyone (TV guys, drivers, sponsors) spent bragging about how they were bringing "stock" back into stock car racing.

CantRepeat
02-25-2013, 09:21 AM
And another thing, is it just me or do the new "Gen 6" cars look NOTHING like the street versions of the cars? I thought it was hilarious how much time everyone (TV guys, drivers, sponsors) spent bragging about how they were bringing "stock" back into stock car racing.

The only thing that is different on the cars is nose piece. They are all the same from the Apiller back.

1redTA
02-25-2013, 10:54 AM
I want to see run what you bring racing around the big left turn! production bodies, engines and Earnhardt Sr bumping and drafting